PDA

View Full Version : Cooper S Spoiler

Tony
16th August 2003, 02:42 AM
Hello there,

Listen,..ive got a plan but i need some help.

I cant fit my bike rack to my cooper, because the clips arent wide enough to grip round the upper edge of the boot + the chilli pack spoiler.

So, ive had a great idea. - The Cooper S spoiler. Only fixed at the edges,...has a good 'hole' in the middle, so i can thread the straps through, and then clip the rack on, as per a car without the spoiler.

My questions:
How much does the Cooper S spoiler cost, and what would it cost to be fitted?
Do i need to actually own an S, or get an S chassis number to be ALLOWED to buy the spoiler?
would i look like a d*ck with an S spoiler on the back of my cooper???

Any feed back mucho appreciated!

cheers,

Tony

Julz
17th August 2003, 12:35 AM
Well, my question would be, what colour is your roof cause as of today my spoiler is officialy for sale!:clown:

Tony
18th August 2003, 04:50 PM
My roof is black..........

But its off to the garage tomorrow for some more warranty work,..and a bit of a chat with the regional technical manager dude, so maybe i can at least wangle a new spoiler from him for all of my recent troubles.........

john
18th August 2003, 04:59 PM
fitting the 's' spoiler is easy.BUT and its a BIG BUT

just you try and remove the chili spoiler.

Its bolted in two places and also bonded on.

Tony
18th August 2003, 07:12 PM
b*gger!

Julz
19th August 2003, 03:36 AM
The S spoiler is obviously fitted the same as was discovered by Derek, BabyB's tailor! So he was going to be having some fun this afternoon trying to get the spoiler off, but besides that, BabyB is naked....:eek:

Big Col
19th August 2003, 03:47 PM
I was scrolling to the bottom of this thread, which means the page is obviously not the easiest to read but it's amazing how even then the world naked catches your eye. The disappointment when I actually read the post was enormous. ;)