PDA

View Full Version : Go-Slow?

Wul
8th August 2005, 11:39 PM
Is it just me (again!) or has NMS been going intermittently slow again recently - ie the last few days? When clicking on a thread it sometimes takes an age to load up - this is happening at home and at work.

Also today I got 4 "page not avaialable" errors in a row when trying to open a thread!

Julz
9th August 2005, 01:32 AM
I get a few of those 'page not available' errors too, pain in the rear!!:evil:

N12 JLK
9th August 2005, 04:29 AM
i thought is was my broadband but looks as though it aint, keeps telling me it cant locate the page i want and lost the plot a few times waiting for my replys to load on:(:(:(:(. fix please it feels like dial up all over again

Gismo
9th August 2005, 04:10 PM
I get them mostly when someone is replying to the thread i'm looking at, i get the error page and then when i do get back in there is another message, don't know if that has anything to do with it

Monsta Mo Mini
9th August 2005, 05:04 PM
There ain't much I can do about it. Sadly it's the limitations of the application and ASP. Two folk accessing the same file at the same time and it tips over.

Unfortunately, until a reliable port from Snitz to vBulletin comes along, you're stuck with it! Bandwidth can be another contributing factor, we're getting 20,000 plus unique visitors a month now, that's a lot of cups of tea to be making;)

Julz
10th August 2005, 04:13 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but I couldn't get on at all last night!:eek:

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 04:14 PM
Me too, and when I popped into the chat room to see if anyone was loitering in there a few people had said the forum was down

Julz
10th August 2005, 04:19 PM
Nice sig!;):D

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 04:30 PM
:D

Cooper_si
10th August 2005, 04:39 PM
really glad NMS is back on line...i really missed it last night :(

loving the sig martin...is the mid pic the one i took ?

COOL :D:cool:;)

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah it is, I stole it ;) LOL

Monsta Mo Mini
10th August 2005, 04:54 PM
Sorry! I was inundated with emails last night from distressed NMS addicts!

We're just getting too damn popular for our own good! The server tipped over again last night...and it seems to be happening far too often.

<Goes off to look for new server>

Nice sig Mart - what's the duck got to do with anything?

Cooper_si
10th August 2005, 04:56 PM
prob a tribute to maxamini ???

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 04:57 PM
Yeah its a tribute to Maxamini (recently deceased Mini2 member) - and a Hitch Hikers reference too ;) and it filled a space at the side of the sig LOL

Gismo
10th August 2005, 05:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan
Yeah its a tribute to Maxamini (recently deceased Mini2 member)
Gutted, i never knew

As for the duck, well, do i get a prize for being a windoze geek for noticing it is an icon you can use for your windows user account :I:approve:

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 05:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
As for the duck, well, do i get a prize for being a windoze geek for noticing it is an icon you can use for your windows user account :I:approve:

GEEK :D:p

GAJ
10th August 2005, 05:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
. . . well, do i get a prize for being a windoze geek . . . :I:approve:

You get nothing but abuse for admitting to being a windaes geek!:clown:
Now if it had been a Mac icon and you had been a Mac geek . . .;)

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 05:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
Now if it had been a Mac icon and you had been a Mac geek . . .;)

You would have got even more abuse ;)

Julz
10th August 2005, 05:40 PM
I'll stick with the H2G2 reference, Marvin was almost called Duckie, but Rob refused to drive a 300bhp car called Duckie!!:D:D:D

MartinSullivan
10th August 2005, 05:43 PM
LOL at Julz and Rob, I thought you would take the H²G² reference. I was going to put Marvin on there - but knew you were looking at calling the yellow peril Marvin ;)