PDA

View Full Version : Falkland Tuners

Scottie
8th August 2005, 07:01 PM
Glenrothes. Got my Bmw 1er booked in for a superchip. Superchip I know about but was wondering anyone heard of these Falkland guys.

It's just our recent knightmare with regards to Tunit:mad::mad: (2 weeks 600 miles later their installer could not get the dam thing installed so told them to stick their box up their nose).

Fingers crossed for this one:(

Monsta Mo Mini
8th August 2005, 07:09 PM
Fee,

Yes - Kevin and the guys are well known around Fife. Mainly for Pug and Subarus. A wee while back they were looking at doing a conversion for the MINI. Don't know how that's progressed, they did have a demo car.

Tell them to get in touch if they are

GAJ
8th August 2005, 07:36 PM
I bought my induction kit from them. As MMM says, they do loads of Scooby stuff. They had a chipped ONE when I was over a couple of years ago. They seem to know their stuff and they are very helpful and friendly; I seem to remember I got a wee discount when I mentioned NMS. The guy also let me borrow one of the bays in the garage as I couldn't wait to fit it!

Duncan Stewart
8th August 2005, 10:22 PM
Helen's nephew got his Mini One chipped by them up to 130bhp. Rolling road print out provided and the car drove great. Also "tested" ;) it against my Cooper and I'd say it had 130bhp :D

Fontal
9th August 2005, 04:49 PM
It was these guys at Falkland Performance center that Chipped my ex:( one, very profesional and superb work.

The Dogfather
9th August 2005, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

It was these guys at Falkland Performance center that Chipped my ex:( one, very profesional and superb work.

Wasn't it a bit heavy on the juice though? A certain young lady mentioned she was getting a lot less than my Cooper was on the way to the Cullen Run.

Burple
9th August 2005, 05:58 PM
Not had experience of them, but they've got a very good reputation!
Lots of VERY quick cars around have been fiddled with by Falkland! :cool::cool::D:D

Scottie
10th August 2005, 09:22 PM
well the BMW 1er has been in and is now chipped:D:D WOW what a difference:cool:

You were all correct these guys do seem to know there stuff:)

they currently have a ford cosworth 500 bhp they are thinking about getting a space frame (think that is what the guy called it) putting a MINI body on it and sticking in the engine out of the ford cosworth while making it AWD.:eek: although they did say that they might have reduce the BHP.