PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!!

Craig
6th August 2005, 04:09 AM
I have (just yesterday) got wheels put on my car. They fit (with the hub adapters) but I have a ticking noise coming from the front right hand side.(I only got this with the new wheels) I have checked that it is not the hub adapters (as I took them off and tried the wheel on it's own and it still ticks). I have also tried other wheels nuts, but it still ticks. The ticking gets faster as you drive faster as if it is something wheel/hub related.

Anyone any ideas as it is driving me slowly insane....

Scottie
6th August 2005, 04:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I have (just yesterday) got wheels put on my car. They fit (with the hub adapters) but I have a ticking noise coming from the front right hand side.(I only got this with the new wheels) I have checked that it is not the hub adapters (as I took them off and tried the wheel on it's own and it still ticks). I have also tried other wheels nuts, but it still ticks. The ticking gets faster as you drive faster as if it is something wheel/hub related.

Anyone any ideas as it is driving me slowly insane....

I know what it is:D if it is the fox alloys.:question: there will be a small (tiny) stone loose/stuck between the chrome trim and the actual alloy of the wheel. You will notice the chrome trim is only stuck to the alloy and it is complete bugg£r to get out. Allay usually got the jet hose on to the job.

Craig
6th August 2005, 04:44 AM
that makes sense as I couldn't work out how it was only 1 wheel...

<off to get the power washer oot..>;)

Thanks Fiona.

Scottie
6th August 2005, 04:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

that makes sense as I couldn't work out how it was only 1 wheel...

<off to get the power washer oot..>;)

Thanks Fiona.

good luck but keep at it cause they look really cool:cool: on the motor or you could just turn the music up:D;)