PDA

View Full Version : Gloveboxes

Duncan Stewart
15th August 2003, 08:28 PM
Can any of you out there help me obtain a Glovebox for my MINI Cooper. The standard shelve is useless as whenever I am driving anything on it ejects itself out into the passenger footwell!
I first saw one in the photos of MiniSports cooper demonstrator so phoned them - they said it was a BMW product. So I phoned my dealer who said it was a factory fit only - I can understand this for a sunroof but the glovebox looks like it would just be a couple of screws to fit. I have been looking for an aftermarket one but no luck despite finding hundreds of different gloveboxes / dashes for the classic mini. Can anyone help:question:

Big Gordy
15th August 2003, 08:54 PM
www.moss-mini.co.uk do a glove box organiser if thats any good. Its £24.95

KenL
15th August 2003, 09:09 PM
Who is your dealer, they must be useless :D

There IS an official MINI retro-fit kit available

Check these MINI2 threads:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30560&highlight=glove+box+kit

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37502&highlight=glove+box+kit

Personally I like the shelf ;)

Big Gordy
15th August 2003, 09:21 PM
Oooooooops :I Sorry, I forgot that some of the earlier mini didn't come with a glove box. Mine was included in the Salt pack :approve:

Wul
15th August 2003, 09:31 PM
Glovebox = place to keep all the crap of the day!

i like the shelf too as it actively encourages me to keep my car tidy :D

Go-on stick with the shelf! You'll only find yourself trying to open the glovebox and fetch something whilst driving!

Big Gordy
15th August 2003, 10:08 PM
I wish our mini had the shelf that was under the steering column on the earlier cars and not that stupid we cubby hole that holds nothing :evil:

KenL
15th August 2003, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Glovebox = place to keep all the crap of the day!

i like the shelf too as it actively encourages me to keep my car tidy :D

Go-on stick with the shelf! You'll only find yourself trying to open the glovebox and fetch something whilst driving!

Yes, only seem a pic of that and thought it looked sh*te :eek:

Don't know why it was changed?

My soft CD case fits a treat on the shelf under the steering wheel on the door side.

I had a courtesy car that had the glove box and thought it looked cheap and after market and in horrid hard plastic. It rattled as well - no surprise there though :p

Gismo
16th August 2003, 05:54 AM
The shelf is perfect for a playstation 2

Bonnie Scotland

Duncan Stewart
16th August 2003, 07:31 AM
Thanks for advice - not getting to see Mini2 references - guess I need to register with Mini2.
My Dealer is Morrison's in Kirkcaldy who have been very good so far - 7500 miles and no problems. My Cooper was built March 03 and Morrisons tell me I would of got a glovebox with the Pepper or Chilli pack (and I guess Salt on the MINI one from Big Gordy's comment) but I preferred to pick my own options (and I don't like the silver interior trim). Wul is right that it makes you keep the car tidy but I worry that some low life will break in to steal my CDs as they are in plain view.

Gismo
16th August 2003, 05:15 PM
If you open the boot you can just about cram in 326 CD's, including the cases ;)
I carry one of those cheap wallet thingies that can hold 48 CD's (without cases) and just leave it in the boot :) same size as 5 CD cases :cool:.

Bonnie Scotland