PDA

View Full Version : The Runflats are gone already!!

Craig
5th August 2005, 02:22 AM
I have got my new wheels on (look familiar Scottiecoop??;)) thanks to the efforts of Ian and Big Alan at Menzies. Top Service as per usual.

I think it makes a difference to the car. I hate the ride you get with runflats. This is only temp until I can get my 5 spokes powder-coated (just saving up again :disapprove:).

Craig:cool:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/miniadventures/Miniwithnewwheels.jpg

Burple
5th August 2005, 07:23 AM
VERY nice indeedy!!

Keep the mods coming!
I'll need some healthy competition! ;);):D:D

Craig
6th August 2005, 03:56 AM
MINIME!!! remember how I said I wasn't meant to have these wheels. Just spent the last 2 hours trying to work out why the offside front wheel is ticking constantly. It appears to be a single spot on the wheel as the ticking gets faster the faster your drive. I have taken out the spacer and put the wheel back on - the ticking is still there. I have tried using other wheels nuts that I used on my other 5 spokes and the ticking is still there. Anyone any ideas what it could be....:disapprove::disapprove:

Duncan Stewart
6th August 2005, 04:48 AM
Have you checked for any stones stuck in the tread? I got some black tar chips in mine in the hot weather (all 2 days of it!) which caused a clicking.

Gismo
6th August 2005, 04:09 PM
Have you jacked the car up and spun the wheel by hand :question: if not, then, try it, also, do as others suggest, check the treads are clear of stones

Craig
6th August 2005, 05:23 PM
Done all of that and it is still happening. Just going out now to investigate more.... I will be back with an update :D

Mini Me
6th August 2005, 08:10 PM
wow Craig, that power washer worked wonders from what i've just seen:p

Burple
6th August 2005, 09:25 PM
Craig!

Are these wheels Split rims?

I was reading something on MINI2 recently about someone getting the same sort of problem..
Turns out some of the bolts holding the rims together were a wee bit loose and the rims were shifting and making the clicky noise...

Sounds a bit of a drama, but you should check it out! :blackeye:

Craig
7th August 2005, 12:33 AM
As MINIME will probably point out - I have put my old 5 spokes on as I couldn't bear the noise.:disapprove:

I will check that lnl,thanks for the tip... I just need to find the right size of Torq (as none that I have fit)

Craig:D

Scottie
7th August 2005, 05:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

As MINIME will probably point out - I have put my old 5 spokes on as I couldn't bear the noise.:disapprove:

I will check that lnl,thanks for the tip... I just need to find the right size of Torq (as none that I have fit)

Craig:D

:(