PDA

View Full Version : Outside temperature guage playin up.

S7JGW
4th August 2005, 04:42 AM
My outside twmperature display in my 51 reg cooper (no trip computer) has gone mad, sometimes it displays the outside temperature and sometimes the displays breaks up and just parts of the display light up. This happend once before but seemed to fix itself within a day, but this time it has gone on for a bout a month. Anyone know of causes/ fixes or is it a trip to a dealer.
Cheers Jim.

bpirie1000
4th August 2005, 04:28 PM
mmmm the sensor is Right Inside the front Bumper on the passenger side I would try and Re-connect the sensor at the Block..

If not then Dealer it is then..

Big Col
4th August 2005, 05:15 PM
<rubs eyes> MAN you guys can't type! ;)

Cooper_si
4th August 2005, 09:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

My outside twmperature display in my 51 reg cooper (no trip computer) has gone mad, sometimes it displays the outside temperature and sometimes the displays breaks up and just parts of the display light up. This happend once before but seemed to fix itself within a day, but this time it has gone on for a bout a month. Anyone know of causes/ fixes or is it a trip to a dealer.
Cheers Jim.

When i used to do my dash light mods, when i used to reconnect the rev counter the display used to read extremely high...but id just disconnect it, leave it for a minute then reconnect. But if you have the warranty there then take it down for them to sort out. ;)

MartinSullivan
4th August 2005, 09:49 PM
Get you Si, with your fancy clickable sig and spot in the commercial sponsors section ;) LOL!

Scottie
5th August 2005, 06:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si

quote:Originally posted by S7JGW

Cheers Jim.

When i used to do my dash light mods, when i used to reconnect the rev counter the display used to read extremely high...but id just disconnect it, leave it for a minute then reconnect. But if you have the warranty there then take it down for them to sort out. ;)

Dash Light Mods like the sound of that:p;):D

Cooper_si
5th August 2005, 07:03 PM
i havnt forgot ;)

S7JGW
7th August 2005, 06:14 AM
Ok cheers il try and disconect it a while then mabee to dealer. Not got bmw warrenty just a ford as i bought it from a ford garage secondhand.
Jim

3GGG
7th August 2005, 06:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<rubs eyes> MAN you guys can't type! ;)

and it is Gauge not guage ;)

[Having to do big Col's work] :)

N12 JLK
9th August 2005, 04:05 AM
global warming has affected the reading:cool:

S7JGW
15th August 2005, 11:09 PM