PDA

View Full Version : Bugs

euan
3rd August 2005, 09:27 PM
I've discovered that the front of the new motor is quite attractive to bugs, and as it's onf the wide side it collects quite a few.

Any recommendations for anything to help remove the poor things?

Julz
3rd August 2005, 09:54 PM
I can personally recommend Turtle Wax Tar and Bug Remover, this stuff is great, takes tar off really easily too and it also contains a polish so you don't necessarily have to go over the bits again with the good old Megs polish!!;):D

Big Col
4th August 2005, 01:28 AM
I can personally recommend the Megs lambswool mitt with bug remover on one side! It's the business.

Wul
4th August 2005, 05:11 PM
EEK! Colin - please tell me your not using that bit on your paintwork!! :eek: well seeing you don't have a black bonnet!!

Euan - i haven't tried the bug/tar spot removers - but Julz's recommendation sounds a good one - although not sure how it can dissolve tar and still leave a layer of wax:question:

Firstly a well waxed car means the bugs don't bond straight to the paint so are easier to wash off - I usually try a couple of things - a strong mix of wash soloution in a squirty bottle and leave to soak for a bit before washing - or for really bad bits an old bath towel soaked in warm water and laid over the front of the car to soften them bad boys up!

euan
4th August 2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try the turtle wax stuff and see how it goes.

This is a bit gross, it's not actually the bugs themselves, it's the bloody mess they leave behind that I'm struggling to get off. The car is actually due a wax, but having just moved house it's been a bit neglected. Will give it some tlc next week when I'm on holiday. Mightly impressed by the car last night - got a 2 metre long flat pack bookcase in the back and had the boot lid shut! Couldn't believe it as I thought it'd be hanging out by about 30cm.

Big Col
4th August 2005, 08:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

EEK! Colin - please tell me your not using that bit on your paintwork!! :eek: well seeing you don't have a black bonnet!!

<grins happily and puts his fishing gear away> ;)

Wul
4th August 2005, 11:31 PM
Ya bugger ye! :p