PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!

Vee
14th August 2003, 12:46 AM
Hi everyone

Just a quick message to introduce myself - Veronica (my friends call me Vee) from Inchture, Perthshire.

Bought dark silver Cooper S with Hartge conversion six weeks ago and have been dying to go on a mini adventure but have had a few teething problems with car which resulted in new gearbox, clutch cylinder slave? and alternator :(

My baby is however now healthy and I am now happy and more importantly, up for any mini adventures.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Wul
14th August 2003, 12:53 AM
Welcome aboard Vee!

What is it with Dark Silver Hartge S's on here?.......isn't that right Bonnie Scotland?:D;)

There are a few runs in the pipeline - the glencoe one in october is the next one.

Monsta Mo Mini
14th August 2003, 01:43 AM
Hi Vee - glad you've found your way into the forums. Hope to see you one of our events before too long

cheers

Calum

Gismo
14th August 2003, 06:35 AM
Glad to see another Hartge convert VEE, sorry to hear about your cars problems :eek:
Do you know what caused it, did you buy your car already converted or did you get it done??

Bonnie Scotland

Big Col
14th August 2003, 03:22 PM
Hi Vee. Welcome to NMS. Hope to see you on one of the runs soon.

Willie M
14th August 2003, 03:54 PM
Welcome to NMS Vee. Hopefully catch up with yourself and your Hartge S sometime soon :cool:

Big Gordy
14th August 2003, 04:15 PM
Its not to late Vee :eek: Quick ,escape, no ones looking. This site is addictive, we all end up acting like Drayfoss out of the Pink Panther movies. Ohhhhhhh its to late :D your hooked. Welcome aboard Vee :p Hope to get on a run soon myself and meet some of the other mad so and so's that fequent this site :D:D

zimbo
14th August 2003, 09:54 PM
Welcome to NMS Vee, think Linda M & Julz will be glad to have another woman Join this MAD bunch.(all cooper S owners too!!) FAST ONES...... :p:p Inchture huh? well you might have seen my car car there a couple of times before, silver/black cooper with tinted windows and big wheels!

Anyway welcome to the NUT house... :D:D:D

Linda M
14th August 2003, 11:41 PM
Welcome Vee :) The girls on here a pretty cool so welcome to the gang !!

Julz
15th August 2003, 04:08 PM
Yee-ha, the girls are taking over, or would that be over taking?? Now the girls have a line up of JCW, BBR and Hartge!!:D:D:D

Big Gordy
15th August 2003, 04:21 PM
Ah but did they all pay for them with there own money that's what I want to know. No offence meant here but most girls I know with good cars never bought them themselves 8) I know there is always the exception to the rule but cars are usually a 'bloke' thing ;)

Vee
15th August 2003, 05:13 PM
car was already converted by Birds, but I bought it from Grassicks. I noticed a strange noise which started as soon as I started the car but once I put my foot on the clutch it went away - I took it into get checked and they said the slave was leaking but would replace the gearbox as a precautionary measure. When the gearbox was fitted, they didn't connect the alternator earth wire?? properly which short circuited something ??? So they replaced alternator and now the car is going fab!!

PS - I thrashed my mates Scooby last night, well chuffed!!! :D

zimbo
15th August 2003, 05:38 PM
Well it looks like Vee is going to give the rest of you ladies a run for your money, what with thrashing scoobys and all... :)

By the way Julz who has got the BBR you mentioned earlier?, Lindas got JCW, Vees got HARTGE and your getting/got? HARTGE :I

Willie M
15th August 2003, 08:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Now the girls have a line up of JCW, BBR and Hartge!!:D:D:D

:eek: Aye... and I'm getting frightened :eek::blackeye:

Linda M
15th August 2003, 11:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Ah but did they all pay for them with there own money that's what I want to know. No offence meant here but most girls I know with good cars never bought them themselves 8) I know there is always the exception to the rule but cars are usually a 'bloke' thing ;)
I paid for Daisy ALL by myself, well chuffed as she's ALL mine...my first real 'own' car since before I got married :D:cool::D
Not a bloke thing here, I've been car daft since I was a teenager and I think Julz is the same :cool:

Big Gordy
15th August 2003, 11:41 PM
Like I said there is always the exception to the rule ;)

Julz
17th August 2003, 12:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo
By the way Julz who has got the BBR you mentioned earlier?, Lindas got JCW, Vees got HARTGE and your getting/got? HARTGE :I

Well Zimbo, I'm getting the BBR conversion in a few weeks! And YES, I paid for my BabyB all by myself!!:evil: And as Linda says, I've been a bit of a girl racer all my days;)
P.s. Vee, did I see you on the Kingsway a couple of weeks ago near the Arbroath road??:D

Vee
17th August 2003, 10:54 PM
I paid for mine all by myself too - an early treat for my 30th birthday next month :)

Yeh - it could well have been me you saw on the Kingsway as I'm in and out of Dundee every day. Are you from Dundee?

zimbo
18th August 2003, 01:59 AM
JULZ

Cool... :D What made you decide on BBR then, thought you were pretty keen on gettin hartge? I take it BABYB has her new clothes on now then?? :p

Julz
18th August 2003, 04:05 PM
Vee, I'll answer you first, I live in Blairgowrie but work in the Ferry
and Zimbo, I decided on the BBR due to getting a very nice deal for both the mini and Robs porsche, so we're both going on the 5th of Sept., and BabyB is away getting her new outfit this week so I'm driving Herbie into work, so I'll have biceps like Arnie by the end of the week!!:clown: