PDA

View Full Version : Fake Mini's

N12 JLK
27th July 2005, 03:20 AM
Saw new mini adverts last night. Have saw some fake mini's around Cumbernauld recently. Red Ford Focus with bonnet stipes pretending to be a Cooper:question:

Anyone else seen any fakes? Please report, pictures would be good

Duncan Stewart
27th July 2005, 03:22 AM
Saw a tranny van in Nairn today in red with a white roof :eek:;):D

Big Col
27th July 2005, 03:49 PM
I saw a Corsa with Vipers and a Fiat Uno with the twin exhaust, vent in the bonnet and stripes! Bleh!

Monsta Mo Mini
27th July 2005, 04:52 PM
Fiesta with viper stripes - wasn't even the new ST!

euan
27th July 2005, 06:52 PM
I saw a Rover 200 Coupe (!) with viper stripes.

Looked a real state.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm surprised they are still on the road - did they not have a few rust issues?

minimadtez
28th July 2005, 01:34 AM
errmm stating the obvious here.....viper stripes dont mean they are fake minis, since they aint originally from minis :approve: cooper stripes however! the cheek of it!

duncan
28th July 2005, 04:58 AM
http://www.geocities.com/duncan_mckenna/fakemini.jpg
:D:eek:

GAJ
28th July 2005, 06:02 AM
Surely we should be referring to them a Cobra stripes as they aren't originally from Vipers either?

Some of our classic driving brethern have some interesting thoughts on fake minis. Have a look at
this thread (http://s11.invisionfree.com/esmoc/index.php?showtopic=82). :eek:
You've got to laugh at the little simpletons!
Fannies! :approve:

duncan
28th July 2005, 06:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
Some of our classic driving brethern have some interesting thoughts on fake minis. Have a look at
this thread (http://s11.invisionfree.com/esmoc/index.php?showtopic=82). :eek:
You've got to laugh at the little simpletons!
Fannies! :approve:

Must... resist...temptation...to...troll

The guy who owns a "GENUINE ROVER MINI COOPER" is class. I thought the Original Coopers were mabe by BMC, not a BMW subsiduary company.

Hmm.. i thought i recognised the user name (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=488&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=sad)

GAJ
28th July 2005, 06:56 AM
Yeah he was on here spouting pish before - '...the majority of MINI's on the road are for school runs, for people in jobs who wear shirts and ties...'. He drives a 1997 Rover Cooper with a '100% BMW Free' sticker on it. Remind me, who owned Rover in 1997?:approve: I rest my case, Your Honour.

Personally I have a problem with all old shape Minis being referred to as Classics. (I know that I am in a minority of 1 in this but hear me out.) I am a big fan of '60's Minis with the sliding windows and external hinges and they groovy wee rear lights - they are undoubtedly classics but 1990 fuel injected models with those dreadful interiors? Not for me I'm afraid!

The nicest thing that I can find to say about him is that he is 'confused'. Poor wee soul!

duncan
28th July 2005, 07:04 AM

Yeah he was on here spouting pish before - '...the majority of MINI's on the road are for school runs, for people in jobs who wear shirts and ties...'. He drives a 1997 Rover Cooper with a '100% BMW Free' sticker on it. Remind me, who owned Rover in 1997?:approve: I rest my case, Your Honour.

Personally I have a problem with all old shape Minis being referred to as Classics. (I know that I am in a minority of 1 in this but hear me out.) I am a big fan of '60's Minis with the sliding windows and external hinges and they groovy wee rear lights - they are undoubtedly classics but 1990 fuel injected models with those dreadful interiors? Not for me I'm afraid!

I tend to agree. the sliding windows, and the string to open the doors, if i'm not mistaken, are class.

quote:

The nicest thing that I can find to say about him is that he is 'confused'. Poor wee soul!

:D:D:D

Wul
28th July 2005, 05:16 PM
C'mon guys we gotta sneak on there and put them right with their misconceptions!!

Especially toofast - I quote:

"I commend you BMW, you've realise BINI drivers aren't the brightest and need a bit of guidance"

Tw@t!

Burple
28th July 2005, 06:16 PM

Surely we should be referring to them a Cobra stripes as they aren't originally from Vipers either?

well if y'all are gonna get picky, I'll go dust off Bri from his cupboard to tell you all about SHELBY STRIPES, cos that's wot the SHOULD be called!! First used on Shelby Cobras etc....

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::D:D: p:p

Scottie
28th July 2005, 06:30 PM
well I clicked on the link read and thought w*nkers :evil:

I registered so I could reply but managed to stop myself before I went any further.:approve:

See it's folk like that,:mad:

:Dthat are responsible for global warming with all the crap that comes out their mouth.:D

Cooper_si
28th July 2005, 06:39 PM
...and theres me thinking all this claasic/new mini warfare had calmed down !!!! :(

{whispers in fionas ear...your caps here and is being sent out today ;)}

Scottie
28th July 2005, 06:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si

...and theres me thinking all this claasic/new mini warfare had calmed down !!!! :(

{whispers in fionas ear...your caps here and is being sent out today ;)}
:D:D:D:cool: Thanks Simon and Of course Martin.:D:cool:

MartinSullivan
28th July 2005, 06:48 PM
No probs Fiona, I got a fine curry from the proceeds ;)

Burple
28th July 2005, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

C'mon guys we gotta sneak on there and put them right with their misconceptions!!

Oh dear.... Looks like someone has snuck on there and had a bit of a rant... ;););):evil::evil::evil:

Ranty Ranty! (http://s11.invisionfree.com/esmoc/index.php?showtopic=82)

Who could do such a thing... What a bawdy little monkey!! :p:D

Big Col
28th July 2005, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
Who could do such a thing... What a baldy little monkey!! :p:D

Yes...quite...;)

broken_brian
28th July 2005, 08:12 PM
oi who dusted me down :evil:

and dont even mention two stripes that run from the front to the back of a car going over the roof...

:evil::evil::clown:

and i also noticed that hamstrerlicker made a slight mistake in his http://s11.invisionfree.com/esmoc/index.php?showtopic=82 works minis in the 60s used 13 inch wheels occasionaly so there:p:p

Smurf
28th July 2005, 08:36 PM
Oh bawdy little monkey........

You have replies.......

And one appears to have been edited too!
Doesn't say what it did a while ago....

Bazthemod
28th July 2005, 09:23 PM
Quick note to self don't wind **** up in the next 48 hours :eek::eek::I:clown:

My god isn't it remarkable how "nice" they are being after ***** post???? :cool::evil:

Burple
28th July 2005, 09:38 PM
After whose post??

Dunno wot you're talking about occifer...

:p;)

GAJ
28th July 2005, 09:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Oh bawdy little monkey........

You have replies.......

And one appears to have been edited too!
Doesn't say what it did a while ago....

Spill . . .:p I have to know what it said. I demand to know!!;)

Bazthemod
28th July 2005, 10:00 PM
Let him know he has special powers lol

Smurf
28th July 2005, 10:16 PM
GAJ, you have mail ! :D

Burple
28th July 2005, 10:50 PM
I find it highly suspicious that the person who did comment has had their account suspended until September, and any subsequent attempt to reply and defend those comments and point of view have been denied.
Didn't sound all that inflammatory to me. Just stating some obvious facts, looking for some justification of the comments made previously. Sounds to me like they're quite happy to live in a little bubble of ignorance and denial.

That's a lovely way to treat new members.

:evil::p

mcvtr
28th July 2005, 10:58 PM
Can i ask exactly when and where any ESMOC members directly attacked yours or any other Forum???

Or posted inflammatory remarks on YOUR forum???

I'll answer NOWHERE and NEVER.

THIS IS EXACTLY why there are problems between Classics (and yes mine has sliding windows and little lights - but not being a base model it has door handles not strings!) and the new MINI.

Ewan, I'm more than a little disappointed with you, be aware a formal complaint is about to be made to Dundee University about this, as you have broken the Universities policy in a number of ways - I can quote this policy to you if you dont have a copy.

Valia, for one who tries so hard to get acceptance of New MINIS in other clubs, Im a little disapointed in you too, it will make a large number of people who had almost accepted you think twice now about your comments on that subject.

To everyone else, I'm sorry you feel you need to rise to this petty argument, it shows you are NO better than the equally petty and childish classic owners you complain about!

A complaint has also gone in to the admin on this site, as if they are happy with what has happened, then it would imply that NEWMINISCOTLAND does not welcome or wish to include Classic mini owners, which would be slightly two-faced given this thread and others along the lines of "Why do they hate us so?"

Some people really need to grow up a bit.

Scottie
28th July 2005, 11:28 PM
well:eek:

think you have gone a bit far with your let's drag our place of work in to part but I am sure commen sense will prevail once you have chilled a bit.

As to the rest I won't comment but;) only to say I like old and new and wouldn't flame the car only the people who own the car.:blackeye::evil::p

GAJ
28th July 2005, 11:40 PM
Hi alex. Welcome to the site.

People posting on the ESMOC forum expressing an opinion in response to a post which they disagree with can hardly be classed as an attack. Contrary to what you say, there have been several remarks made on this site in the past by owners of older shape minis who do not like the new one. I'm sure you probably remember some of them, there was some banter about this around the time you registered I think? As long as these do not descend to personal attacks we welcome the debate. Although I have no doubt that some people's views are deeply entrenched and would never be moved, others might realise that some new shape mini owners (and I guess the majority on this site) do appreciate the heritage and have a soft spot for all minis.

This site welcomes all people, whether they own any mini or not, we even have a forum dedicated to 'classic minis'. A fair proportion of members have owned or still do own old shape minis. A fair few are also members of other mini clubs, as I know you are aware.

I think you want to take a step back and get all this in perspective instead of leaping onto your pedestal and attemting to lay down the law. You are totally over reacting. All that has happened here is that people are debating their different points of view. I am confident that everyone is mature and responsible enough to carry on this discussion without it becoming a personal slanging match. Lets try to get this back on topic and forget the 'we wouldn't disagree with you on your forum' rubbish shall we?

Scottie
28th July 2005, 11:43 PM
remember you don't want to end up like this...:D:D when replying to this thread;)

http://waxy.org/random/images/weblog/love_your_job.gif

Burple
29th July 2005, 12:04 AM
Alex,
You have mail to the Admin address at ESMOC. I'm sad that you have to react in such a way in public. You know my involvement in past Mini circles, and I thought someone such as yourself might have seen things with a bit more clarity. Apparently not.
There are always two points of view in every story, and I was merely showing the other side, from one who has experience of both.
Someone rants about crap cars, adverts, whatever, and someone defends. Sorry if you don’t like hearing things you don’t like, but that’s life isn’t it?

Ah well, don't worry. you or whoever put you up to this will have your way. I won't be back.
I'm sorry for any grief it's caused you, and that no-one reading the thread had a sense of humour to explore, there was no need for this to escalate, as I'm sure you're aware. Maybe you should moderate what goes on in your forums more closely ;)

More importantly, my apologies to everyone on NMS, you really didn't need to have read any of this.

Big Col
29th July 2005, 12:14 AM
Reply deleted to avoid any more dummies flying into the area. We've already had 2 dummies appear in here today.

N12 JLK
29th July 2005, 12:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan

http://www.geocities.com/duncan_mckenna/fakemini.jpg
:D:eek:

superb

N12 JLK
29th July 2005, 12:41 AM
i thought this thread was about fake minis

mcvtr
29th July 2005, 12:44 AM
Ok, and all comments I will agree with, and I for one really dont care for anti BMW comments as I consider them petty, but to actually PURPOSEFULLY go on to the ESMOC forum, and stir things up, then have a good giggle about it here is completely unwarranted and not just one person, but a few of them, granted go on the ESMOC and tell Mike hes talking a lot of piss about the adverts - I agree its a bit petty to write to BMW, but then I really dont care for the whole MINI vs mini argument.

My friend at Dundee will be taking no action on this but perhaps it will serve as a warning to people that they really need to take some responsibility for their actions, especially disappointing when people you know and actually like make an effort to ruin something you are in the process of trying to make. Plus, do not be foolish enough to think you can hide behind a stupid hotmail or yahoo or something else address, Ive worked in IT for 15+ years, and can find out a lot about you if i have to (as you can about me!)

What has REALLY annoyed me is you MINI owners will sit here happy in your opinion that its the classics getting at you again, when we didnt come on here posting about it, no, YOU came on our forum, one that states at the top that the ESMOC isnt interested in your cars, with the sole purpose of stirring up the antagonism about a post that did deserve to be ignored, and incidentally my "partners in crime" in the admin have had a bollocking about using the admin account to seemingly endorse the comments.
There are a number of quite vocally anti-BMW people in the ESMOC (something a lot of you are very aware of and were obviously trying to stir up), and it something I am trying to get them to understand isnt really worth being bothered about, there is room on this earth for everyone without people needing to continually (on both sides) drag the animosity back to the top. People who perpetuate this need IGNORED, not fed more bait, so CHEERS for setting that back for me.

That was not a debate, that was a purposeful attempt at causing aggrivation on onother clubs board, and that is not acceptable - how long would I last if I came on here and started sprouting off anti MINI comments like the anti-mini ones here eg "At least our cars can do a mini run without breaking down" and we mini owners "are all petty MINI haters".

Would the person who is currently trying to disrupt Mikes phone like to stop???

People on here are not as squeaky clean in this whole petty argument as they like to make out, as this particular incident has shown.

I have said it before on record mini people may start the antagonism, by by christ, some of the MINI owners really like to perpetuate it This whole petty argument has almost completely ruined any sense of a club in the Mini Clan, and so, are we all to let it ruin everything else????

Not all classic mini owners (and P.S. I agree NO post 1982 mini is a "classic" in my eyes either) dislike MINIs - I almost bought one, but its too small for me and my family and for £18k Id rather buy something 2nd hand and a LOT more fun.

Now take this post any way you want, I do not see the need to say anything more, the whole incident should be dropped by everyone. This whole thing has benefited NOBODY and annoyed the MAJORITY.

The Dogfather
29th July 2005, 01:47 AM
Christ, I'll think twice about offering help the next time I see a mini at the side of the road with it's bonnet up.......

The classic owners with a chip on their shoulder really are petty minded tossers!

Edit - to show that I wasn't tarring all mini owners with the same brush!

G2 - S
29th July 2005, 02:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Christ, I'll think twice about offering help the next time I see a mini at the side of the road with it's bonnet up.......

Petty minded tossers!

You're a brave man!!

GAJ
29th July 2005, 02:07 AM
Alex what you say there makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately you seem to have forgotten that people who are now members of your forum have joined this forum and purposely baited people with anti new mini comments in the past. I won't stir it all up by naming names here as I am sure you can think of a few of the folk I am referring to but if you do need reminded feel free to email me. These things as you know are not easily forgotten. What goes around comes around and all that.

Personally I don't have a problem with anything that I have seen posted on either forum. By the way your 'partners in crime' don't just seem to endorse the comments; they actually do endorse the comments. If people do have narrow minded views they should be prepared for the argument, online as in any other walk of life. I have no gripe with anyone posting on here that they don't like our cars but they should realise that people will argue back! The same should apply on your forum, if you are not prepared to hear both sides perhaps you should delete any threads and ban the topic but that wouldn't make the forums very open.

I wish you all the best with the club.:)

calumlorimer
29th July 2005, 02:08 AM
Ignoring the whole MINI/mini debate, as alex is trying his best to get people to do, it was the people from this forum that got offended and went looking for an arguement.

Granted the discussion wasn't the friendliest and i can understand why people wanted to respond and put their point across but the post made was not as innocent as all that. Something which is further backed up by the conversations going on in the background on here and the fact 'someone' is being petty enough to mess with mikes phone, which is totally uncalled for.

People in the ESMOC have seen MINI/mini arguements reek havoc with the miniclan and that is the last thing people want happening to ESMOC which is why people have been so reluctant to get involved.

ps. 'classic mini' as far as i see it is a term made up to differentiate between the old and the new minis not a claim to having an actual classic car

GAJ
29th July 2005, 02:42 AM
People went and expressed their point of view. Nothing the matter with that, people do have different points of view. I really don't see the problem here. Why do people feel the need to contact individuals emplyoyers etc. Come on now please - get a reality check! All view points will be listened to here. I have some sympathy for the argument that our cars are not real Minis. They are obviously very different cars. Feel free to discuss but have respect for others viewpoints.

The phone thing sounds out of order though, cut it out! You know who you are!

mcvtr
29th July 2005, 02:59 AM
quote:
Unfortunately you seem to have forgotten that people who are now members of your forum have joined this forum and purposely baited people with anti new mini comments in the past. I won't stir it all up by naming names here as I am sure you can think of a few of the folk I am referring to but if you do need reminded feel free to email me.

Thanks for that GAJ but can I just point out I have NOT forgotten that, i actually had NO IDEA that had happened, I will draw EVERYONES attention to something you say in the quote above "people who are now". While I think, as I have said above that people need to take responsibility for their actions, the thing to note there is "ARE NOW"i.e. they werent part of the ESMOC when they made them, and they have NO capacity to speak for the ESMOC, so WHY should the ESMOC get tarred by your preconceptions about, as a NMS member who is also a Clan member too keeps saying - "these people are only a minority" - THEY ARE THAT IN THE ESMOC too, and jesus are we trying to keep it that way, but unfortunately "BAITING" like Ewan, and the as yet unidentified other protagonist really does NOTHING to help that situation, as do comments like Bad Dog minis above, which just shows that it is not all the "classic" mini owners at fault

What is completely unacceptable in this situation is the person who has signed mike's phone up to spam-sms, I believe Mike has taken that to the Police, so i cant comment any further.

Alex.

MartinSullivan
29th July 2005, 03:06 AM
I'm not getting drawn into this whole argument - but ....

Whilst the phone abuse may have come from this forum, you dont know that it did - his number was freely visable in his quoted post to BMW, so I feel that making accusations against members of this forum is not really on.

Smurf
29th July 2005, 03:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by mcvtr
Valia, for one who tries so hard to get acceptance of New MINIS in other clubs, Im a little disapointed in you too, it will make a large number of people who had almost accepted you think twice now about your comments on that subject.

Can you point me in the direction of what I said??
Seriously, Alex, I haven't said anything.
No posts on here other than mentioning there were replies on ESMOC, and I can assure you all I did there was READ the posts.

You know me, and you know fine well I love both kinds of Minis, and have seriously stopped letting the "banter" get to me.

Please tell me what I've said wrong this time!

mcvtr
29th July 2005, 04:01 AM
Valia, your username is in this thread with at least one other post, therefore you WERE party to the whole "sniggering/gloating" that occured in this thread.

THAT is what i find disappointing from a fellow Clan member.

Martin, you're right nobody does know, but Mikes service provider has taken a really dim view and has suggested further action, to whoever it was, it was a really stupid thing to do and i hope you covered your tracks properly.

Smurf
29th July 2005, 05:38 AM
I can assure you that there was no sniggering or gloating from my perspective.
If anything I was kidding Ewan on, nobody else. Having a bit of banter with a fellow NMS member.
I'm disappointed you think of me like that.
Lets just call it a misunderstanding / crossed wires then.

Wul
29th July 2005, 04:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by mcvtr

Valia, your username is in this thread with at least one other post, therefore you WERE party to the whole "sniggering/gloating" that occured in this thread.

So are you including yourself in that "group" of people as well then - you imply that simply by posting on this thread you are encouraging the sniggering/gloating - a bit of a silly statement - the thread was not and is not anything to do with gloating - go back and read the posts again!

And i trust your friend Mike made it clear to his service provider how his mobile number became public knowledge in the first place!

Big Col
29th July 2005, 04:18 PM
A)They're just internet forums.

B)They're only cars.

Although please keep arguing. It's cracking me up. :D

Willie M
29th July 2005, 04:47 PM
It's Groundhog Day.....

Monsta Mo Mini
29th July 2005, 04:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
A)They're just internet forums.

B)They're only cars.

Although please keep arguing. It's cracking me up. :D

I'll second that :D

But remember - life's too short. ;)

Bit disturbed to hear about the phone incedent though. :mad:

G2 - S
29th July 2005, 06:29 PM
Dictionary:

fo·rum ( P )
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

1) The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
2) A public meeting place for open discussion.
3) A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
4) A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
5) A court of law; a tribunal.

Thesaurus for Forum
Synonyms: appointment, argument, chalk talk, colloquium, colloquy, confabulation, conferring, congress, consultation, conversation, convocation, deliberation, discussion, groupthink, huddle, interchange, interview, meeting, palaver, parley, powwow, rap, rap session, round table, seminar, symposium, talk, think-in, ventilation

I like the POWWOW option!!

Might be worth locking this thread. Finish off your powwow in pm's - although it certainly is entertaining listening.

Disclaimer - I in no way express the views of NMS or mean offence to anyone viewing this forum.

GAJ
29th July 2005, 07:48 PM
I think this is what happens when people who aren't used to being answered back to have someone answer back! :p Personally I've almmost pi$$ed myself several times and hope this keeps up. The forums had benn a wee bit dull for a while now!
The arguments Alex uses here are illogical and inconsistent. Mike and others have posted on here several times in the past. Almost all their posts could be classsed as inflammatory. Unfortunately several of them were deleted by the protagonists. All that happen yesterday was that the same thing happened on another forum and look what happens, tears and snotters and a letter to your mum!:eek:
I hope this goes on for day's, Im all in favour of debate and banter and it's better than working!
I've been banned from the ESMOC forum now though for holding and expressing a different viewpoint. It's like bloody North Korea!

Big Col
29th July 2005, 08:13 PM
They're probably away drinking Kool Aid anyway Gaj.

minidave
29th July 2005, 09:04 PM
i think its all childish, and its one thing slagging an advert from a large company like BMW (whom i'm sure can take it!) and another to fight with other car entusiasts, i'm particularly concerned about this escalating the old vs new argument.

So how will this end, i've had a look at Esmoc and they seem to of got on with it, cant NMS do the same?

Will it stay on the forums or escalte into actual contact and arguments after all its fairly easy to identify people from their cars, and new and old minis attend most of the same events.

Incidently i've just read the thread so stupid and sad.....perhaps you should change the title of this to the same.

You should all be ashamed BOTH SIDES of your behaviour, its petty childish and does nothing but fuel the anti-BMW sentiment.

I'm particuarly sad to see people picking others out by name to abuse them, that is personal.....

minidave
29th July 2005, 09:12 PM
and another thing (sorry couldnt resist) You should never say anything on the web that you wouldnt say in person or want the world to know, would you like your comments posted on EVERY mini/MINI website in the UK?

Scottie
30th July 2005, 06:29 AM
:D:Dhttp://www.makesureitsaminiadventure.co.uk/index.html:D:D

Mini Me
31st July 2005, 12:39 AM
bugger, i've missed the boat on this.....wot happened :question::question::question:
need to know..:eek::blackeye:

Burple
31st July 2005, 04:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by minidave

and another thing (sorry couldnt resist) You should never say anything on the web that you wouldnt say in person or want the world to know, would you like your comments posted on EVERY mini/MINI website in the UK?

You're quite right there :D
as the saying goes..
'opinions are like @r$eholes... everyone's got one' ;)

As far as the phone things goes, all I was doing was to pass on some advice so something like that didn't happen. :dead::disapprove: Can't win huh?
But whoever's doing it.. Get a life!

And if anyone had actually bothered to read my whole post on the other forum, you would have read the line that went something like:
"I hope no-one takes offence because it's only in fun.."
Sense of humour failure...? :)

And you're right too Vaila... Isn't this (and the other thread in the other forum) in the "BANTER" section?

Have a beer, vodka, Smirnoff Ice (;)), Glass of warm milk, toke, valium.. whatever floats your boat, and chill out a bit? :D:D

...and if you can't take the banter..don't give it out! :D:cool:

mcvtr
31st July 2005, 05:20 AM
Ewan, that posting above is a wee bit at odds with the somewhat humble and apologetic e-mail I received from you.

Im sorry Gaj that you think trying to argue for a bit of sense on BOTH sides is illogical and inconsistant, as all I was trying to point out was that NEITHER side of this was blameless, but I can see that there is as little, if not less of a wish for any conciliation on the MINI side.

Im sorry I tried, consider me no longer going to bother trying to smooth over and placate either side, it is clear from the sentiments of the person who pompously replied to me from your admin, that nobody here believes ANYONE here has any blame. I can handle that, you are all fully entitled to your own opinions - Ive tried, Ive Failed. I hope you all enjoy your cars as much as I enjoy mine, something you do seem to do.

GAJ, you are not banned from the ESMOC forum, your username is active. YOU like others, who used silly-e-mail addresses or were not known to me and another member of the admin team, were asked to verify, you did this, and your account looks fine to me, if you are experiencing dificulty posting, then telling me, would be a good place to start in getting that fixed if you want it fixed, if not let me know and I'll remove the account.

A very good sentiment that you shouldnt write what you wont say to someones face, Ive said NOTHING I wont happily repeat in person to anyone, but in reality Ive only ever been spoken to by 2 MINI owners, one is EWAN, and the other was a nice chap I met at this years thistle run who was surprised his MINI couldnt loose me up-hill in Glen Douglas, then was equally surprised that his car and my car were built in the same factory, and sold new by the same dealer - he had no pre-conceptions that I must hate him cos I have a mini (or is it a se7en??) and he has a MINI.

Alex.

duncan
31st July 2005, 06:14 AM
Funny that there is an anti-BMW sentiment, yet I've never been aware of an anti-OldShapeMini sentiment, perhaps just an anti-anti-MINI feeling.

Baring in mind that BMW made many a Mini, and have now made many more MINI's it seems illogical to me for an anti-BMW attitude.

Moral of the story - Never get Anti, It'll just upset your Uncle.

The Dogfather
31st July 2005, 06:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by duncan
Moral of the story - Never get Anti, It'll just upset your Uncle.

:D:D:D:D

markyc
31st July 2005, 06:36 AM
Don't really know the history too well to this but what is the problem with some folk, are they frightened that their 'identity' will disappear cause new Mini is here or do they have a gripe just for the sake of having a gripe ?? The vast majority of old Mini owners i've spoken to love new Mini so what's the issue ??

Oh and what about those god awful new Ford Fiesta sport things with the big thick viper stripes, arrrggghhhhhhh there just pure mingin :(:dead:

GAJ
31st July 2005, 07:13 AM
Alex what gets me is your perception that it is the MINI owners who should be doing the reconcilliation. Remember all that happpened is that people on here replied to a topic on your forum; a topic which was endorsed by the sites administrators. Get off your high horse, you really are not in any position to lay down the law here. When you refer to blame, if you mean questioning the anti BMW sentiment expressed on your site then I admit that many on here are guilty as charged, I obviously include myself. But why shouldn't people give their side of the argument in response? Should we all just turn a blind eye? Would that make the animosity go away?

You say you have only ever spoken to 2 MINI owners, L&L and some bloke; what about Willie M, Vaila, Rob L, Kinsey, Heather and others. If you truly want to help smooth over any possible animosity then I would suggest that the administration of ESMOC should have posted along those lines initially rather than concurring with the sentiment of the topic. Remember that, rightly or wrongly, some ill feeling already exists here, Mike stirred up some anti BMW stuff on here 3 or 4 months ago. People don't just forget that. Nobody here has anything at all against old minis, quite the contrary, so stuff like that does rile.

As for you comment regarding the perceived pompousness of your reply from the NMS admin; was it really any more pompous than your post informing L&L that you would be contacting his employer? Selective memory again? Remember all that people have done is reply to a post with their opinions. I really don't understand why you have reacted to a few posts in the way that you have, why couldn't you just have posted your opinions in reply on the ESMOC forum? Isn't that what the Banter forum is for?

dj_tigger1982
31st July 2005, 09:44 PM
Gaj Wrote - Mike stirred up some anti BMW stuff on here 3 or 4 months ago. People don't just forget that. Nobody here has anything at all against old minis, quite the contrary, so stuff like that does rile.

Show me one post I posted that has stirred up crap on this forum.....

I have been reading this post and observing in a quite manner for the past few days.

Forums are an expression,and do not refect the view of all it's posters. YES there will be some arguments and disagrements on the forum's that is what makes them interesting. If we did not have interesting we would all be boring old farts.

I really don't care what you guys think of me or my car, and after all I really aint that bothered about this forum. Howerver I did last year try to encourage some convoys down to MITP 45 @ silverstone, so you can hardly call me anti Mini.

Af for Ewan and your reply post on the ESMOC forum fair play to you.

No doubt this post will as Gaj says "rile" some folk up... but who cares. No doubt I will be locked out or this post removed... WHO CARES.

This is all I have to say

Mike.

P.s the views expessed in this post are not the views of NMS OR ESMOC, but are my own, and under the freedom of speach I can say what I want.

Burple
31st July 2005, 10:10 PM
quote:
Af for Ewan and your reply post on the ESMOC forum fair play to you. I know exactly what it is you done, I know it was you and I have proof. Your luckie no charges have been applyed to my bill or I would take it further. Yes I maybe I have learned my lesson by posting my mobile number... But for christ sake Ewan your 32.....all I can say is sad **** to sign people up to things. After all we are all ment to be adults. You are also ment to work in IT you really aint that good at coving up ur tracks.. Suggest you go back to reading Cisco Books on Networking.

Whoaa..! You can stop RIGHT THERE with that kind of talk. I would advise you NOT to pursue these accusations any further. I've had NO PART and NO INTEREST whatsoever in playing silly games with your mobile phone.

I strongly suggest you read THIS (http://dictionary.law.com/default2.asp?selected=1153&bold=libel||) RIGHT NOW and remove the libelous information from your post and check your attitude. If not, I can guarrantee you will hear more on that subject from a legal representative. I can promise you I had nothing to do with someone playing stupid pranks with your phone. No, this one's not banter, it's Fact.

I suggest you send me a copy of this 'proof' so I can see for myself, as I'm sure there will be legal ramifications for anyone involved in constructing false information for libelous purposes.

I've also taken a copy of your post for documentation (as I seem to remember you deleted everything in your last ones for some reason).

The Dogfather
31st July 2005, 10:15 PM
Mike - You posted in the stupid and sad thread, and one of your posts pointed out that you 'have a late cooper 97 and I have a sticker saying 100% BMW free'.

Will that do? There was another couple of classic owners who came on the site following your lead and stirred things up further one deleted his posts the other Arthur Pendragon didn't.

If you don't have a problem with the new MINI why write the letter to BMW and have the sticker on the car?

dj_tigger1982
31st July 2005, 10:54 PM
There Happy Now

Post removed

sorry for the accusations posted. You done it yourself on the Esmoc forum adding the comment "(And you might want to take your personal details like your Mobile phone number out of your post - you never know who' reading these boards )" Just funny how a few minutes after posting on that you post on here pointing out ur reply.. then a few minutes later my mobile phone number gets hit by lots of SPAM messages.... 60 of them in less than 30 minutes.... all a bitty sus

As for Bad Dog mini, Yes maybe my car has BMW parts in it, and YES rover was owned by BMW at the time of manufacture... but guess what.. It's a bit of fun... I have still to be showen some hard evidence that I have been on here stirring up stuff. If you can only bais your accusation on that it's a poor show. You may be offened at the sticker "100% BMW free" then that is exactly the same as me aying i am offened by the original advert. So what is the difference

Oh and Ewan I never did answer ur Question posted on Esmoc "Oh please... spare us the melodramatics. Maybe as a former Mini owner I find your whining email offensive Have you ever driven a New Mini?" Your answer is this... YES i have, I test drove the One and The cooper when they first came out, as my dad was going to by me one. They are a nice enough car but not for me... a Bit to modern with the Power stearing and stuff.

Mike

Mini Me
31st July 2005, 11:20 PM
I have only 4 words to say on this matter,please read carefuly...
CHILL THE FCUK OUT FOLKS!!!!:mad::mad:.Ok so it's 5, never said i could count ;)

GAJ
1st August 2005, 12:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by dj_tigger1982
Show me one post I posted that has stirred up crap on this forum.....

quote:Originally posted by dj_tigger1982 at 15:14:53 on 30 Aug 2004
That is cause the majority of MINI's on the road are for school runs, for people in jobs who wear shirts and ties and think of there MINI as a car, not as a bit of fun. That is teh sole reason I don't wave at MINI drivers cause the average person in there MINI does not have a clue and they look at you like you are the DEVIL (666).

Thinking back, it may not have been you but I think Debbie who was posting under the username Mainmini who was the main protagonist a few months back. I can't tell without going through all the backups which I don't have the time or inclination to do, as she deleted all her posts in a fit of pike. The topics were then removed as they were gibberish. Apologies if I made a mistake with that.

You really need to accept though that if you express a strong opinion, as you did on ESMOC, others will respond with there views. As you note above, it's called free speech, something which ESMOC seems reluctant to encourage judging by the comments made to ScottieCoop etc. on the ESMOC forum.

dj_tigger1982
1st August 2005, 12:57 AM
Look I don't have a prople with getting back people's views.

Infact i like to hear what people have to say, infact as I said above it's what makes us human

As for Esmoc, it's a forum and I don't have control over it.

I came onto this website to see people responing to my post, @ first I did not like it but it's life.. I am sure every single person on here would not like it if he/she went onto another website and found posts relating to him/her about x or y

Mike

Smurf
1st August 2005, 01:08 AM
You're right Mike, people don't like reading defamatory posts about themselves on other sites..........
It's happened to most of us.
But as you say, that's life.

The Dogfather
1st August 2005, 02:10 AM
Mike - that type of sticker on the back of your car plus the attitude towards New MINI owners by some of your classic owning friends, as seen in the stupid and sad thread, is the root cause of the animosity between the old and new mini owners.

Maybe you aren't as bad as some others from your club but if you wrote that letter and posted it on ESMOC site then you are guilty of adding extra fuel to the fire.

Burple
1st August 2005, 03:30 AM
Apology accepted.
It's unfortunate it happened right after I posted. I was only tring to help.
I'm not going to waste my time contemplating who it may or may not have been. Maybe you should get some hard proof before you go making accusations in such a public way.

quote:
Oh and Ewan I never did answer ur Question posted on Esmoc "Oh please... spare us the melodramatics. Maybe as a former Mini owner I find your whining email offensive Have you ever driven a New Mini?" Your answer is this... YES i have, I test drove the One and The cooper when they first came out, as my dad was going to by me one. They are a nice enough car but not for me... a Bit to modern with the Power stearing and stuff.

Fair enough :)
I liked it enough to have one! :D

minidave
1st August 2005, 06:01 PM
but at the end of the day, things are not going to be right or normal are they? people have called others offencive names and said offencive things - although the gripe over at ESMOC seems to be at BMW not the DRIVERS, why do you take it so personally?

As i said, if someone called me a twat or similar on a public forum, i'd want to kick their arse!

minidave
1st August 2005, 06:04 PM
scenes can't be created over night!!! these things develop and grow, the scene in a few years time will probably be a lot more different.

have patience in the meantime, do your own thing, you seem to have an excellent lot of runs etc.

GAJ
1st August 2005, 06:17 PM

but at the end of the day, things are not going to be right or normal are they? people have called others offencive names and said offencive things - although the gripe over at ESMOC seems to be at BMW not the DRIVERS, why do you take it so personally?
As i said, if someone called me a twat or similar on a public forum, i'd want to kick their arse!

Your wrong Dave - quotes from ESMOC forum -

Originally posted by toofast : Jul 25 2005, 05:45 PM
"I think that's a very reasonable piece of advertising. I commend BMW for it.
They need to ensure their customers are getting what they pay for. I mean, if they believe that big flamable tub of German parts and Plastic to be a mini, then obviously they don't have much sense. Therefore BMW are being very responsible because anyone with that little a clue about cars and automotive history could easily be ripped off by some unscrupulus dealer selling them a horse or a canoe telling them it is infact a MINI.
I commend you BMW, you've realise BINI drivers aren't the brightest and need a bit of guidance."

That may be the reason someone on here called him a twat! I'll leave it up to you to decide whether his comments were really directed at BMW or at the drivers but I know what I think.

I think that this has probably been done to death now so unless anyone has something truly constructive to say best probably leave it at that!

Julz
1st August 2005, 06:58 PM
ANYWAY.... I saw what looked like a 'possible' fake mini this morning, a Carso, sorry, Corsa, with 'cooper'esque stripes and I'm convinced a roof sticker also!:clown: They also looked like they were attempting a bonnet vent, but using one of those very useful stick on plastic jobs, if I wasn't driving, I would have taken a piccie, much amusement!!:D:D:approve:

minidriver#1
1st August 2005, 08:45 PM
this thread has to be the most pathetic i've ever seen. Grown adults arguing over a ****ing car. One of my best mates is a classic owner with a '100% BMW Free sticker on the back' but we dont fight like you lot.

I've been running a huge site for the past 5 years and even the teenagers on there know how to behave better than you lot, that goes for both the traditionalists and the new mini owners.

minidriver#1
1st August 2005, 08:46 PM
actually, its not pathetic, its embarrassing

Big Col
1st August 2005, 09:15 PM
But not embarrassingly pathetic?

minidriver#1
1st August 2005, 09:40 PM
indubetably

N12 JLK
2nd August 2005, 05:02 AM
i concur ,why dont the people who want to argue do so on another forum and let everyone else have fun and chill:cool::cool:

Willie M
2nd August 2005, 04:08 PM
Motion seconded by the man in the corner :approve:

Cooper_si
2nd August 2005, 07:37 PM
crikey !! interesting reading....i think you should all have a group hug and go and enjoy driving your MINIs :D before fuel prices get to high and insurance costs spiral out the window then we`d all wonder what the heck happened here

MartinSullivan
6th September 2005, 05:58 PM
Saw this on my travels last night :D made me smile. Its on the front and side of a MINI Cab ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/fake%20mini/MiniCabFront.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/fake%20mini/MiniCabSide.jpg

euan
6th September 2005, 07:21 PM
I've seen that on a London cab, except it was black, stripes and a check roof ;)

MartinSullivan
8th September 2005, 04:25 PM
While John and I were out testing his car last night - we saw another MINI cab - this one had white stripes, and a union jack roof. Will try and track it down and take some pics

Smurf
8th September 2005, 06:12 PM
I saw a taxi this morning, normal shape, but it was Pepper White, with black bonnet stripes and a saltire roof!!! :D
Cool - I guess it's a marketing thing - but how brilliant is that?

MartinSullivan
8th September 2005, 06:14 PM
Yes Smurf - those are the ones we are on about - cool arent they :D Anyone see one take a pic and post it on here

N12 JLK
10th September 2005, 05:07 AM
Saw a Yellow taxi with black and white checked roof with the same message on the side.

Very nice!