PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

euan
27th July 2005, 01:50 AM
How many people on here use Firefox to browse the net? I've been using it since pretty much day one and love it.

New favourite game is using the sidebar for related links and seeing just what comes up.

Anyone else use it?

duncan
27th July 2005, 01:53 AM
Have it installed, but I prefer IE. Probably because its what i'm used to rather than IE being better than Firefox.

The Dogfather
27th July 2005, 02:04 AM
I use Firefox, can be a bit flakey but still better than IE

macblob
27th July 2005, 02:24 AM
I use Safari and Firefox.
Only use IE for online banking that the other browsers dont seem to like.
IE is pish though.....bogs your whole system with spyware etc way more than any other browser especially if ur unlucky enough to be using a windoze box :p

Burple
27th July 2005, 06:14 PM
Firefox all the way here!

Totally against our IT Suites Policy... but me no care! IE sucks the fat one ;):D:p

Started using it a few months ago, took a bit of getting used to, but I love it now! Especially for opening up new pages in tabs. Fab. And the pop up blocker is superb too.
(even tho I'm using the new version of McAfee VirusScan with built in firewall, and Zone Alarm too.. along with Adaware and Spybot! - can't be too safe huh? ;))

some of the Themes for it are pretty nifty too :D
the web browsing options are simple and easy to use, toolbars easy to configure.. and some of the extensions are fun :D

euan
27th July 2005, 06:50 PM
I have to admit, I do still use IE for banking as my bank doesn't like Firefox (that's IF for you).

But I adore the tabs (which, surprise surprise, the new version of IE will have). I'm with LnL, have Zone Alarms, Ad Aware, Firewall etc etc as well as the pop up blocker.

I find that you do just keep up to date with the updates as often as it needs them. But I do love the fact that you can change so much of it, not that I like tweeking it :)

GAJ
27th July 2005, 07:16 PM
I use Safari all the time except for viewing my phone bill on O2's website, I use Firefox for that as it doesn't work on Safari. I haven't used IE for a few years, I was using Omniweb prior to switching to Safari. I think that Safari still has the edge on Firefox on OSX, I read an interview with one of the Firefox development team recently and they were saying something similar. M$ have now given up developing IE for the Mac. No tears shed over that!