PDA

View Full Version : Help with seats

The Dogfather
26th July 2005, 07:20 PM
First of all the problem, I've been having a lot of problems with back pain which started after a long trip to St Andrews in the Omega. Now having spent the entire weekend bombing around in the MINI I've just got back into the Omega and drove to work and the back pain returned after just 20 minutes of driving. So it's pretty obvious I need to change the seats in the Omega......

The Omega is trimmed in a grey leather which is almost identical the the grey leather that MINI seats are trimmed in so I'm thinking of putting the MINI seats into the Omega and buying some aftermarket seats for the MINI maybe JCW or recaros.

Now does anyone know whether the MINI's heated seat circuit will be compatible with the Omegas heating controls?
Will the MINI seat airbag circuit connect to the Omegas?
And will I be able to retain the seats base with electric height control?

Also how much are a set of JCW seats?

MartinSullivan
26th July 2005, 07:26 PM
Dont know about your other questions, although it shouldnt be too hard to check out - but the list price for the JCW Front Seat in Panther Black Leather (non-heated) is £582.98 + VAT per seat. Different prices for different leather/cloth colour combos.

Maybe we should convince Iain to do a group buy on them and getting the air bag disabled ;), I would be interested

Big Col
26th July 2005, 07:39 PM
I'd be surprised if the seats were easily interchangeable BD. The rails and connections will probably be totally different. Then again I'm just guessing.

bpirie1000
27th July 2005, 04:39 PM
Oooooo Now that is Something That I wouldn't mess with..

Could Always Use teh Pillow Method Or Having your Omega seats Re-trimmed.

Or How about Just going out and Buying ANOTHER MINI....... You Know you wanna....

The Dogfather
27th July 2005, 05:07 PM
I managed to get the back off the seat and spotted where the problem is coming from - there's not enough padding on the top part of the seats frame which is putting a lot of pressure on my back. I think it will be possible to have extra padding to smooth out this ridge in the seat back and therefore allow me to keep the original seats. So hopefully problem sorted!