PDA

View Full Version : JCW alloys

mgemie
25th July 2005, 01:14 AM
these 18" alloys - what runflats do BMW/MINI fit them with? can you get 18" runflats?

MartinSullivan
25th July 2005, 01:41 AM
I believe the tyres supplied are Dunlop SP Sport Directional. DSST. 205/40 R18

mgemie
25th July 2005, 02:19 AM
they good tyres? RF?

MartinSullivan
25th July 2005, 02:28 AM
Quote from another site :-

"The suffix DSST denotes Dunlop self-supporting tyre and as such utilizes run flat technology. The tyre has been designed to provide the levels of grip and handling that are available from the standard SP9000 but with the added safety that a Run Flat tyre gives you. The tyre has been designed to continue running for a maximum of 50 miles at a maximum speed of 55mph. It is essential that this tyre is only fitted to a vehicle that is equipped with a tyre pressure monitoring system. The DSST tyre allows the driver the convenience of being able to better choose when and where they will have their tyre replaced because of the tyre’s ability to continue running at pressures that would make a conventional tyre unusable."

As for "good tyre" I would assume that they have the usual downsides of a run flat tyre

duncan
25th July 2005, 02:37 AM
ISTR reading somewhere that the Dunlop Runflats will be rebranded from the DSST name to something that makes the runflat name more obvious.

When that comes about, I'm not sure.
No doubt the Dunlop website will give you more details of the tyre range.