PDA

View Full Version : New MINI ad

monkimagic
23rd July 2005, 08:41 AM
I have just seen the new Mini ad, very good, miles better than the last ads, cars look very, very cool !!!

Monki

Clare1
23rd July 2005, 05:17 PM
MINI have went for a 'different' approach to the advertising of our cars, rather than being like the rest of the usual car adverts!

Try the www.makesureitsaminiadventure.co.uk website for clips of the ads and for tips on how to spot a fake MINI!!!!!!

Gismo
23rd July 2005, 05:33 PM
Oh dear, the bovine one is so poor :dead:

mgemie
23rd July 2005, 10:11 PM
lol, saw the advert last night - total class!!! Website is fantastic - be careful of randon cheese showers everyone!!

T6 KFR
24th July 2005, 12:34 AM
so no more fish slapping then and naked on folk!!!

Thank God:cool:

T6 KFR
24th July 2005, 12:42 AM
Sorry all,

that was supposed to be naked old folk!

:I

gill
27th July 2005, 04:24 AM
We all love the new mini ads - very amusing and original!

duncan
27th July 2005, 04:55 AM
Are they not just a rip off adaptation of the US of A MINI (http://www.counterfeitmini.com) ads though?

Jeff
27th July 2005, 05:52 AM
That looks like my motor in the first ad!!!! lol

davesminis
27th July 2005, 11:53 PM
some other countries have ads done by Russ Swift. Can we not have those instead of these???!!!!

HippyChick
28th July 2005, 09:39 PM
It doesn't matter how much they advertise them... NO amount of marketing would make me want one !!!

Scottie
28th July 2005, 09:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by HippyChick

It doesn't matter how much they advertise them... NO amount of marketing would make me want one !!!

:eek:
well hello there I was wondering are you a "infidel":p "unbeliever";)

Bazthemod
28th July 2005, 09:57 PM
They don't need to advertise in my opinion, the sight of 70 odd MINIS rolling through Arbroath is an advertisement made by the car itself and not by BMW. There's is always going to be a divide, we can make the effort by letting Mini's join our convoys yet a tiny bunch of Mini owners are always going to throw everything back in our face.

I love my Mini Rio, i Love Mum n Dad's MINI Cooper... its time to move on, grow up and just accept that Mini will never be forgotten but has just been reincarnated into a new modern, safer body although soul of Mini still lingers!

Thats all folks , ill be here all week ;)

Wul
28th July 2005, 10:58 PM

Don't buy one then!

chunkies
29th July 2005, 12:12 AM

ok....point made...?

The Dogfather
29th July 2005, 01:56 AM
HippyChick, why are you on the site if you don't like MINIs?

Big Col
29th July 2005, 03:53 PM
'cos there's a bee in her bonnet about people slaggin' old MINI's and she wants some arr ee ess pee ee cee tee! You go girl!

The Dogfather
29th July 2005, 06:38 PM
I reckon everyone who has bought a new MINI loved the old mini, but the only reason that the new owners are slaggin the old cars is because of the 'anti BMW' crap.

Wul
29th July 2005, 07:34 PM
BDM - I personally haven't seen anyone slagging the old ones off - I have seen people pointing out certain inaccuracies in the statements made though!! :clown:

monkimagic
31st July 2005, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

HippyChick, why are you on the site if you don't like MINIs?

Good question;)

monkimagic
31st July 2005, 07:29 PM
Have you tried this

http://www.counterfeitmini.com/tough_love.php

euan
4th August 2005, 07:22 PM
I saw a london cab last night, painted yellow with a check roof. On the side the letters were done to look like it was written in dirt and said

"This is not a real MINI"
"Make sure you buy a real MINI"

Loved it

Burple
4th August 2005, 08:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

I saw a london cab last night, painted yellow with a check roof. On the side the letters were done to look like it was written in dirt and said
Loved it

Ha ha ha.. sweet! That's pretty cool :D:D:D

Burple
4th August 2005, 08:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

BDM - I personally haven't seen anyone slagging the old ones off - I have seen people pointing out certain inaccuracies in the statements made though!! :clown:

You're right there..
I've not seen one comment with someone slagging off old Minis. The mentality and inability of some 'Old Mini owners' to cope with a nice shiny new century maybe, but no slagging off the cars... ;);)

Sure.. they're wee, sometimes rusty, don't like the damp much... but dammit, we love 'em!! :D:D:D:D:D

Sassenach
9th August 2005, 07:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Loved it

Just as I left work in London on Friday I saw a red truck with black and white check roof. The writing on the side was something like "it's a MINI adventure", looking as if it was written in dirt. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the front. I think it was a rigid rather than the artic in the ad.

MartinSullivan
6th September 2005, 05:57 PM
Saw this on my travels last night :D made me smile. Its on the front and side of a MINI Cab ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/fake%20mini/MiniCabFront.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a67/MartinSullivan/fake%20mini/MiniCabSide.jpg