PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question time...

craigcooperSworks
22nd July 2005, 11:56 PM
Hopefuly this is ok in this forum!- my car is treated with jewelultra diamondbrite but as i only got it a couple of weeks ago i dont know when it was last done, there are a few surface scratches on the roof and i'm gonna be cleaning it tonight (obviously for tomorrow) and just wandered if i was to apply a coat of polish (prob Auto Glym)would it affect anything in the diamondbrite??

Phew- big long stupid question over!:I

Thank you.
Craig

Wul
23rd July 2005, 12:05 AM
Craig - which AG product are you going to use?

The Extra Gloss Protection will be fine - however not sure if the super resin polish has "cleaning" abilities too.

However did you not get a care kit with the diamondbrite?

craigcooperSworks
23rd July 2005, 12:11 AM
Wul, I was going to wash the car, chamois etc then give it a quick coat of the super resin polish, mainly just to try and take out that surface scratches that i mentioned.

Craig
23rd July 2005, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Craig - which AG product are you going to use?

The Extra Gloss Protection will be fine - however not sure if the super resin polish has "cleaning" abilities too.

However did you not get a care kit with the diamondbrite?

the super resin polish does have "cleaning" abilities as you put it wul, I use it all the time and it takes out most small scratches/scrapes... ('cos I get it cheaper than megs ;);):eek::eek::blackeye:) I have been told that if you get any of these "protectants" you shouldn't use any other polishes etc as they can damage the protectant itself (might just be hype, but you never know)

Craig :D

craigcooperSworks
23rd July 2005, 12:13 AM
Oh and i never got a care kit with the car, prob been lost by someone along the way.:mad: