PDA

View Full Version : Price of Tyres!

T8SLD
22nd July 2005, 09:43 PM
Howdy everyone. Please dont laugh at me but i've just about fallen off my seat at the price of 17" runflats - John Clark in Aberdeen have quoted £150 inc fitting for 1 tyre and another tyre garage £125.Have a suspected slow puncture and wanted to check price of tyres in case required.

Not had my mini long and never even thought about tyre prices - after all, you dont exactly need fancy ones on a Ka (my old car)so previously i've not really spent much.

Oh lord! Good job i love "Daisy" enough to cushion the blow of the shock. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest! :p

craigcooperSworks
22nd July 2005, 09:47 PM
Try www.mytyres.co.uk They seem to do really good prices on all sorts of tyres, then you just have to chum up somebody who is a tyrefitter to fit them for you!:)

T8SLD
22nd July 2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks Craig, will have a look coz i'm certainly not paying those prices for 1 tyre - not unless i really have to!

Wul
22nd July 2005, 09:52 PM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3147 check ou this lengthy thread for more info. :)

T8SLD
22nd July 2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks Wul, i did wonder if there was already a thread but took the lazy option and made a post!

MartinSullivan
22nd July 2005, 09:58 PM
Last time I bought runflats - cheapest place I could find them in Abz was Colins Tyres in Dyce but that was a while ago

KenL
22nd July 2005, 11:42 PM
My mate bought tyres off mytyres and got a tyre place to fit them "cash"

T8SLD
23rd July 2005, 12:17 AM
Right, some phoning around tyre places in Aberdeen has got my the cheapest price of £113 (inc fitting etc) for 250/45 R 17" Pirelli's. Just got my car not long ago so want to stick with Pirelli tyre's for now. Still have the "mytyre" website to check out though.

You never know, my puncture might be repairable!! Fingers crossed - away to get it examined in 15mins.
Hope you all have a good weekend! Might see some of you tomorrow at Arbroath :)

ScottyC
23rd July 2005, 01:20 AM
don't think i'd even let colins tyres put a wheel on a pushbike for me

Sheilz
24th July 2005, 04:05 AM
Where did you get the pirellis at this price? And what's wrong with C's tyres Fiona? Have you had a bad experience there?

MartinSullivan
24th July 2005, 07:20 PM
I have never heard bad things about Colins Tyres Scott, but I am sure there are some dodgy stories going about as with most places. Whenver I take a car in for tyres I make sure I can see what they are doing and watch how they treat my rims.

As KenL says if you get them from mytyres, blackcircles or topgear.co.uk you can generally get a local tyre installer to fit them towards the end of the day for a good price ;)

ScottyC
24th July 2005, 10:51 PM
never had tyres from there. they failed my old cars mot though and took on the work that needed done. charged me for the work and gave me the mot, but half the work hadn't been done. when i when i was on my way back to complain the driveshaft popped out! and that wasn't a coincedence, it was related to some work that had been done.

MartinSullivan
24th July 2005, 11:18 PM
Ouch does sound bad Scott, but as at the time they were nearly 60 quid cheaper for runflats than some places in Aberdeen I would still have used them again for that.

Anyway Shaz, getting back to the point - having rung round all the Abz places try the online places and see if you can get an even better price.
The 3 main ones I have used in the past are :-

www.mytyres.co.uk
www.blackcircles.com
www.topgear.co.uk

T8SLD
25th July 2005, 04:53 PM
The good news is that i didn't need a new tyre. Faulty valve which got repaired for £15 so i was a very happy bunny considering pay day is not until Fri! :D

Sheilz, the quote of £113 came from Colin's tyres in Dyce and Laws tyres in Bridge of Don. My pal from work uses Laws tyres all the time as they always come up with the best price for her.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone - will check out the websites when i do need a new tyre!