PDA

View Full Version : viper kit

minidriver#1
22nd July 2005, 12:54 AM
has anyone installed the viper kit on their minis? Also the cold air feed, i'm thinking about feeding it from one of the fog lamp holes on the front valance but i dont know if the tube is going to be long enough so does anyone have any suggestions as to where i can put it? I thought about cutting a hole in the front grille also.

Big Col
22nd July 2005, 04:09 PM
Whassa viper kit?

bpirie1000
22nd July 2005, 04:14 PM
Viper Kit is an Induction kit that sounds Amazin....

There are a Variety Of Hos kits that you can get from The Likes of Salfors But B & Q do a Ducting for Like Bathroom Extractor fans.. There Brilliant Make the Air Flow Freely and Gives you a Deeper Growl.... If you wanna be a growler........

Viper Kits mmmmmmmmm

Cheers Brizee

minidriver#1
22nd July 2005, 04:39 PM
thanks mate. i'll let you know how i get on, wont be on for the weekend though :( i went for the Black Mamba kit and cant wait to hear what it sounds like, just need to couple it with an exhaust now.

Monsta Mo Mini
22nd July 2005, 06:23 PM
KJ, GAJ is the man to ask - he had a viper kit on his MINI.

GAJ
22nd July 2005, 08:25 PM
Viper is a nightmare! Don't do it! By the way, the viper doesn't give you a growl; it's fully encapsulated so it actually is very very quiet. If you do a search (I can't be ersed doing it for you) there is a topic somewhere about all the problems I had with mine. http://homepage.mac.com/gaj/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2003-04-11%2005.32.13%20-0700/Image-54893B526C1911D7.jpg
Unless they have changed the design in the last couple of years it just does not fit properly and there is no easy way to connect the cold air feed. Without the cold air feed the car loses loads of power although you do get a growl. If you want a good looking kit get the Typhoon.

minidriver#1
22nd July 2005, 11:32 PM
the design has changed if i recall correctly, they got rid of the stupid right angle that u can see in the pic... cos it was actually detrimental to the airflow. fingers crossed

Gismo
22nd July 2005, 11:39 PM
If it's noise you're after simply drill a few holes in the standard air box ;)

Wul
22nd July 2005, 11:56 PM
Remeber to drill them on the right half of the airbox though :I

funny the airbox on the MCS has a huge opening in it to the bonnet vents too!

minidriver#1
23rd July 2005, 12:13 AM
its not noise i'm after innit. i'm not very good with drills, i might damage something:(