PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust emission indicator

mgemie
20th July 2005, 09:41 PM
My yellow indicator speedo light came on this afternoon (the one for "deterioration in exhaust emission values") - what could the reason be??? It says in manual "have the system checked by MINI Service"...why? - could this be a problem with my exhaust?

Julz
20th July 2005, 11:15 PM
Oooo, I had this before all 'the problems'!! 'Apparently', if you leave your ignition in the on position for about 5/10 minutes it allows the sensor to re-adjust and it should go off, if it doesn't go to your dealer!!;):D

mgemie
21st July 2005, 03:57 AM
in position 1 or full 'on'

mgemie
21st July 2005, 06:32 AM
tried the 'key-in' fix but no luck... did an ECU reset and seem to fix it (but am suspicious... ;) )

Big Col
21st July 2005, 03:51 PM
Erm...why would you just reset it? If the sensor is flagging up a problem shouldn't you get it checked out instead of resetting it?

Julz
21st July 2005, 03:59 PM
If the key test didn't work, I would advise a wee trip to your dealer just to be on the safe side!!;):D

Julz
21st July 2005, 04:02 PM
There's a similar thread on mini2, turns out faulty sensors are a wee bit common!!:sleepy:

mgemie
21st July 2005, 04:34 PM
yeah...i've already had a faulty fuel gauge sensor... - i'm visiting my dealer too often these days (i've almost driving all their courtesy cars at least once ;) )

mgemie
22nd July 2005, 04:39 PM
went to dealer this morning for a fault check thingy - faulty oxygen sensor they say...<rubs imaginary beard in suspicious manner> Surely its not that simple?? I had trouble yesterday with my car resetting itself (just like when the power connection to the battery is removed i.e. clock/Speedo everything resets)