PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed please!

RichardV
20th July 2005, 05:34 PM
I know you have to be careful when talking about companies on these sites so I ain't gonna bad mouth anyone but..........

I ordered a set of colour matched pollen vents from Co*lnew to go with my MINI One back in January this year, they took payment and I was told 2-3 weeks. By the end of Feb they hadnt arrived so I contacted them to be told they were at the painters and that no payment had been taken.

I then informed them payment had been taken and also confirmed I was thinking of selling the car so needed them quick. By the end of March still no Pollen Vents and I was at that point about to trade in for my new car (which is Black so no need for Indi Blue vents)...they got back to me (after a few days) and said they would get them sent asap,

In April they STILL hadnt arrived (and were no good as I now had the black car) and I contacted them to be told they had been sent - which they hadnt as I hadnt received them (or it could be the courier lost them I guess but you'll understand that I am not convinced).

They then said they would look into it and get back to me - which they havent so I wrote to them a few weeks back and asked for either a refund or a credit so I could get something else but they still havent got back to me yet!!!:evil:

Any ideas on what I should do to take this further?? Like I say I am not saying they are rubbish or anything like that, it may be a genuine error but 6 months is getting a bit much!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Neil and Lorna
20th July 2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Richard

Heres a few things you could do.

Find out the name and contact details of the MD and write to Him/Her directly I bet they dont know this is going on.Use recorded delivery it only cost a few pence extra and they cant say they didn't get your letter.

Did you pay with Credit card or switch if its credit card contact your card issuer they may help.

If all else fails why not contact The Judge at the The Sunday Mail they my help.

And also theres Trading Standards.

Make enough noise you'll get a result.:D

Neil

GAJ
20th July 2005, 05:51 PM
I think you would be quite justified in saying that they are rubbish. The first thing I would do is send a letter, recorded delivery, stating that they had failed to fulfill your order within a reasonable time and demand a full and immediate refund.

MartinSullivan
20th July 2005, 06:13 PM
The MD is on Mini2 with the user name Coolnew - he has been on the site recently. Try contacting him directly, he has in the past asked people to help him to resolve the problems they have been having.

Apart from that then as people have stated a recorded delivery letter detailing everything that has and hasnt happened is the first step.

RichardV
20th July 2005, 06:38 PM
Cheers for the input folks, I have e-mailed Tony at Coolnew to see if I can get this sorted, I will let you know how I get on but judging by the amount of comments on Mini2 im not the first and wont be the last....
:disapprove:

Monsta Mo Mini
20th July 2005, 06:42 PM
There have been LOTS of problems with this company. She ain't here to concur but I think Fee had problems with them aswell.

Let's hope they are moving in a positive direction.

ScottyC
23rd July 2005, 01:26 AM
i've only been brassed off enough to do it twice but writing to the MD of the company seems to work. A certain car dealer in Aberdeen even managed to send me a voucher for £50

RichardV
13th September 2005, 06:49 PM
Well a result at last!!!

8 Months after the original order and 2 e-mails to the boss of Coolnew I have got a refund in full.......!!!

My message to all is if you see something in Coolnew that you want...either do without or go elsewhere! :D:D:D