PDA

View Full Version : what to mod...

aimee_s
17th July 2005, 01:56 AM
ok....so, if you had £150 approx, what would you choose to mod on your mini? I dont hav that kinda money...yet....but I need suggestions.... Whats around the £150 mark that would be decent? im tryin to keep any engine mods etc BMW, to keep my warranty mannie happy....so....plz fire away any thoughts!!!

sleepyrascal
17th July 2005, 09:49 AM
Outside: S bumpers. (you need to shop around for a good while to get a decent price)

Inside: Ipod dock etc.

aimee_s
17th July 2005, 07:47 PM
hmm...never thought of S bumpers-might have a scran around for that. I really want to sell my headunit and buy an alpine one with the ipod dock...but i dont think i can justify that moneywise right now!

T6 KFR
18th July 2005, 02:01 AM
How about tints if you havent got yet???

I know that will be my next mod - Thing is if you go to tinthaus in Altens (think its called that) , with a few cars needing done , they may give discount. So let me know if you want to try and ill ask!!!

Kev

john
18th July 2005, 07:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

hmm...never thought of S bumpers-might have a scran around for that. I really want to sell my headunit and buy an alpine one with the ipod dock...but i dont think i can justify that moneywise right now!

I have my Alpine stereo (MP3 player) for sale it cost £500 yours for £150 and you can add on the ipod adapter to it;)

KenL
18th July 2005, 05:47 PM
Suggest if you are spending £150 you should only consider mods that you would not need to tell your insurance company about. Putting S bumpers on you would need to tell them.

How about nice bits for inside like chrome handbrake grip & a Whalen shift machine gear knob?

RichardV
19th July 2005, 12:49 AM
John if Aimee isnt interested in that head unit I would love to take it off your hands!:)

Give me a shout - obviously Aimee if you want it its yours......

john
19th July 2005, 02:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by RichardV

John if Aimee isnt interested in that head unit I would love to take it off your hands!:)

Give me a shout - obviously Aimee if you want it its yours......

Are you going to Arbroath next Saturday??

If so then I could bring it with me;)

RichardV
19th July 2005, 05:04 PM
Yes I am....that would be great, will see you there!:D:D

RichardV
19th July 2005, 05:07 PM
Oh with £150 I would go with the Whalen Gear shifter and maybe start the chroming of the speedo, rev counter etc if you want to do the inner....outer probably some graphics, chrome grill etc would be nice............

aimee_s
19th July 2005, 09:29 PM
F*****g computer....mite have two posts saying same thing, notsure if last one went through
what was i asking again...? oh yeh-john, what model is the alpine stereo?
ive got me windows tinted, but defo recommend Tinthaus...great job.
and....um...whats the whalen gear shifter??

MartinSullivan
19th July 2005, 11:20 PM
Aimee, this is an example of the work of art that is a Whalen.

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Minimum/whalen2.jpg

Basically Doug Whalen can do pretty much any design you would like to see engraved on the top. He also does pool ball shifters which are equally as cool ;) The extra weight of the whalen definitely makes gear changes more positive.

Check out Whalen Shift Machine (http://www.whalenshiftmachine.com) or email Doug at whamac@msn.com to discuss design ideas. He will do a mock up of your design and email you pics prior to production, and will incorporate any changes you may wish to make.

Do a search over on Mini2 for Whalen Pics - there are several threads dedicated to shots of peoples Whalens.

The Dogfather
19th July 2005, 11:28 PM
I'd go for the carbon fibre insert for your rear bumper looks cool and protects the paintwork, not sure if John has anymore left though.

Other than that I'd go with the S bumpers or even the aerokit skirts

sleepyrascal
20th July 2005, 09:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by KenL

Suggest if you are spending £150 you should only consider mods that you would not need to tell your insurance company about. Putting S bumpers on you would need to tell them.

How about nice bits for inside like chrome handbrake grip & a Whalen shift machine gear knob?

I told my insurance company about my bumpers and they couldn't give a jot! :D

KenL
20th July 2005, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

quote:Originally posted by KenL

I told my insurance company about my bumpers and they couldn't give a jot! :D

Good. You've got to tell them though.

aimee_s
20th July 2005, 07:02 PM
hmm....away to have a look at the whalen site...sounds interesting!
also, can you just buy the aero skirts on their own??

empi67
20th July 2005, 07:56 PM
yeah you can get them on their own but will work out more expensive that £150.

I got a set off ebay for £200 brand new and ready painted. but just keep looking around and they will pop up.

sleepyrascal
21st July 2005, 12:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

hmm....away to have a look at the whalen site...sounds interesting!
also, can you just buy the aero skirts on their own??

You know what Aimee, if you can track down Minimadtez, she should have a surplus set of S sideskirts. Cheaper than aero ones!

minimadtez
22nd July 2005, 06:46 PM
I never had S skirts Sleepy, just the standard skirts.....which i chucked in the bin :D
Aero skirts are the way to go.....my car looks sexy!
I got them for £200 through a group buy on MINI2, you'd have to pay near enough double that for new ones i think.