14th July 2005, 10:31 PM
You guys seen this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4681507.stm

Burple
14th July 2005, 11:28 PM
Hmph...:mad:

"Catching increased numbers of speeding motorists is not the aim."

Aye... right.. My @r$e!!!!!
How else are they gonna take back the £3/4 Million it's costing to implement??:disapprove::mad:

They should be starting by looking within their own organisations first. For example that Police officer who got off with driving at 160mph and over 100 on the motorway, and in excess of 60 in a 30 zone. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
If we worked in the same way that these departments withing Police forces did things it changes perspective a bit. For example.. if we caught a student downloading music or looking at p0rn in our labs, that's instantly a disabling of account, and very possibly a 'getting kicked out of Uni' offence, as has been proven last year!:approve:
Sweet! that means WE could sit in our offices and download all sorts of nonsense all day, and not have to worry one bit! :p:p:p:D:D

Police excuse : He was 'testing the new car'
Our excuse : We're testing the new PC / Download tool / Network switches.
Cool... works for me! :D:D:D:D
heh heh heh..

Wul
15th July 2005, 12:36 AM
Another Big Brother! :( not long till they use the Trafficmaster posts at the side of most major roads (the blue poles with cameras and mounted on some flyovers) as they can already do the same!:(

Neil and Lorna
15th July 2005, 02:50 AM
I saw these vultures in Nottingham recently.:mad:

The Micro Road Pilot almost went in to meltdown.:D

Neil

The Dogfather
15th July 2005, 04:56 AM
Time for a Paddy and Max, hacksaw anyone?

duncan
15th July 2005, 06:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Aye... right.. My @r$e!!!!!
How else are they gonna take back the £3/4 Million it's costing to implement??:disapprove::mad:

By saving picking up the bits of human remains from the numerous accidents on the road?

From the BBC site "The stretch of road between Ayr and Girvan is an accident blackspot with 15 fatalities and 314 accidents between 1999 and 2004."

At £50,000 a death, thats pretty cheap in the world of accident prevention.

The money spent on a safety system at my work was in the region of £10,000,000 per death preventable.

Big Col
15th July 2005, 03:53 PM
I agree with Duncan. That road is notorious for being dangerous and I've seen more close calls on it than I can count. People are always saying that speed cameras are revenue makers and they almost always start with "I don't mind speed cameras outside schools or in accident blackspots..." well this is an accident blackspot and anyone who gets done deserves it.

Julz
15th July 2005, 04:04 PM
I have to agree with both Duncan and Big Col (man that hurts;)) Having worked in accident investigation and prevention, no cost is too much when it comes to saving lives, especially if you have to go and pick up the pieces after!:dead: That is a very high accident level for such a relatively small stretch of road, at least it's not like France where they have cardboard men at the side of the road where people have been killed, although that is very effective at slowing you down, especially when there's a line of them!:sleepy:

euan
15th July 2005, 07:06 PM
Yeah, the carboard men freaked me out.

The Dogfather
15th July 2005, 11:35 PM
the A947 Aberdeen to Turriff road will be next, at least 7 deaths in the last 3 years.