PDA

View Full Version : Non Wavers!!!

Clare1
12th July 2005, 06:10 PM
Weekend Trip Stirling, Loch Lomond to Fort William, through Glen Coe then up to Loch Ness! Passed lots of cracking fellow MINI's on the road, was lucky if we got 5 waves or flashes all weekend! :dead::eek:

Wheres the MINI spirit?!!!! :eek:

Fantastic road for a good run though! :p:)

The attention the MINI got from tourists and the locals were unbelievable!
:cool::p:)

Mini Me
12th July 2005, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1
the attention the MINI got from tourists and the locals were unbelievable!
:cool::p:)

That's cos people arn't used to seeing Plean soapdodgers in MINI's:evil::D:eek:<must have thought it was stolen> :p

MartinSullivan
12th July 2005, 07:04 PM
On my long drive down from Abz to Yorkshire on Sunday saw a lot of Minis and the flash/wave rate was pretty good - certainly well over 50% which is excellent these days.

chunkies
12th July 2005, 07:25 PM
I think a lot of drivers feel awkward about waving....."what will happen if they don't wave back sort of thing....they'll think I'm an idiot or something". In my recent experiences, I find that i get a better ratio of responses if i flash/wave well in advance of their approach, therefore giving the other driver plenty of time to respond with a :D:cool:;) or a wave.

Duncan Stewart
13th July 2005, 09:24 PM
Not many flashes from New Minis these days - just so many out there I suppose.

masterbiker
14th July 2005, 12:54 AM
Im new here but I thought I might find something out about this here as some guy flashed and waved at me in stirling from a convertable mini a couple of days ago. I did wave back but not very enthusiasticly, but then i was realy supprised.

Craig
14th July 2005, 01:09 AM
that was probably a small bald bloke who likes to think he works for a living ;) - was it hyper blue by any chance?

you might also get a red and black mini waving and flashing at you too, that would be me as I work in Stirling. I think not waving and flashing is punishable by naming and shaming on this site :D

masterbiker
14th July 2005, 01:16 AM
Yeah it was a bald guy, driving a blue one. You can see a pic of mine next to an old style mini at the last falkirk cruise http://masterbiker.bebo.com click on msc meets

Craig
14th July 2005, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by masterbiker

Yeah it was a bald guy, driving a blue one. You can see a pic of mine next to an old style mini at the last falkirk cruise http://masterbiker.bebo.com click on msc meets

That would be minime, he works (loose description) for Menzies Mini in Stirling selling MINIs. I amazed he saw you at his age and with his sight;)

markyc
14th July 2005, 01:55 AM
Minime was having a half shift today apparently, he was away to a kids birthday party - no not his own :D:eek: No doubt there probably wouldn't be much jelly and ice cream left for the kids :I:dead::clown:
The non wavers won't stop me, it's a nice surprise when someone does wave/flash back ;):D:approve:

Mini Me
14th July 2005, 03:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

that was probably a small bald bloke who likes to think he works for a living ;) - was it hyper blue by any chance?

Now Craig, are you REALY sure you want to start this....eh, eh ;):blackeye::eek::p
Oh, and you too Mr Corsar.......:blackeye::evil:
i would like to point out , my hair is short !!!!!not bald.......:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Clare1
16th July 2005, 10:28 PM
BALD BALD BALD!!!!!!!!!!!!

KINGHORN
19th July 2005, 06:23 PM
i drove down to middlesbough and back and never got one wave

whats happening all these new owners surely dont no the script

Mini Me
29th July 2005, 08:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

BALD BALD BALD!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINT,BINT,BINT !!!!!!:blackeye:

N12 JLK
29th July 2005, 08:28 AM
your up late minime, family keeping you up

Mini Me
29th July 2005, 04:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

your up late minime, family keeping you up

:disapprove:as always.....:(

N12 JLK
30th July 2005, 02:33 AM
couple of sado's on NMS at after midnight:( not to worry are you going to craigd's run on the 14th august:question: