PDA

View Full Version : MINI2 Round Britain Run

Monsta Mo Mini
11th August 2003, 08:15 PM
Who is interested in getting involved?
There's been a website created especially for the run.

www.mini2bigrun.co.uk

List of NMS attendees:

FULL RUN

1. Davidson2 - Maximum respect :cool:

SUNDAY 2nd MAY
(Manchester to Edinburgh via Kendal,Keswick,Carlisle,Hawick Peebles)

3. Weefossy (joining up 'somewhere' en-route ;))

MONDAY 3rd MAY
(Edinburgh to Leeds via Perth, Spean Bridge, Fort William, Trossachs, Glasgow, etc.)
0800hrs meet Dreghorn Services
0830hrs photographs & sponsors publicity things
0845hrs Depart Dreghorn Services

2. Kirsty
3. Weefossy
4. Low n Loud 1
5. Macblob
6. Duncan Stewart
7. Julz (Tagging along around Perth ;))
8. Duncan (another Perth tag alonger)
9. Willie M
10. Goldmini
11. Bloocoop (as Julz, tagging along around Perth)

... and a possible drive by, featuring the elusive Wul :eek:

weefossy
12th August 2003, 08:14 AM
We were thinking about it and then Sioban said: and I quote her exactly,

"If your going to do it, you may as well go the whole way"!!

There is no answer to that, so we are definately interested.
From what i have seen on the mini2 thread, they need a bit of effort in our part of the world, (or have I missed something) so we are happy to get involved. Thought the A701 via Moffat and Broughton (my favourite road) would be a nice entry up to Edinburgh?? Or do we want do go through as many towns as possible
Is anyone else from Scotland looking to "Go all the way" ?

Burple
12th August 2003, 06:44 PM
Maybe not for the whole thing (we'll see) but anything up here I'd be happy to chip in!! :D

macblob
13th August 2003, 04:30 AM
Scottish bit would be cool, not sure about doing the entire thing though

Duncan Stewart
13th August 2003, 04:57 PM
Doing the Scottish bit sounds like a great way to spend the holiday Monday

seany
19th August 2003, 08:23 PM
how not do a scotland one,all round

Davidson2
4th November 2003, 09:12 AM
Signed up to go all the way on this one. I am selling sponsorship space on my roof. Each square is £100 for guaranteed UK advertising, if you know anyone who would be interested, please let me know. I am sponsoring Sick Childrens Hospital and Whizz-Kids, hope to make around £2.5K:D (For the kids obviously;)

Davidson2
15th January 2004, 06:44 AM
As you know Im doing the full run. Selected charity is 'Sick Childrens hospital & Whizz-kids. Im selling the white chequered squares on my roof at £100 each to raise £2000 hopefully. If you or your company or anyone really would like to buy a square please let me know. Company logo & web/tel number will be displayed on the square and stay on for three months after the event.Remember these little rug-rats are depending on us:clown:

Linda M
15th January 2004, 05:56 PM
We'll take one of your squares Davidson :)
You can e-mail me as to where to send the cheque.
Lmof@lineone.net

weefossy
18th January 2004, 08:02 PM
Davidson, will make enquiries tomorrow about taking a square.

Does anyone know, who else is doing the Scottish part and is it only Davidson "going all the way" ? We don't seem to have had much chat about this. I have seen the mini2 thread but I haven't noticed much about the Scottish part, or am I (as usual) missing a separate mini2 thread with all the info?? Who is organising the Scottish route?

Apex John, if you see this,what would be the rough cost of producing a magnetic sign / logo to go on the mini door panel. Would that be the easiest solution to temp. advertising??

Davidson2
19th January 2004, 09:39 AM
Guys, Thankyou so much!:I

I need to find out who the cheques would be payable to first, but I will keep you posted. Thankyou for your generosity.

Thanks for attempting sponsorship from your work that would be great, keep me posted.

The Mini2 Thread sort of died around Christmas time, slowly everyone is recovering from hangovers and reteaching themselfs how to type again. I thought Willy M was sorting the Scottish bit (?):eightball:

Willie M
19th January 2004, 04:23 PM
Nope, not me!! I think Taz was planning the whole route, although as you say the thread has gone awfy quiet. I'd put my name down as a possibly for doing the Scottish part though.

Davidson2
20th January 2004, 09:49 AM
Sorry Willie M. Taz has confirmed it's not you.

Ok feeling a bit dodgy :evil: on the subject at the moment as I like to be organised and disappointed :mad: that some are pulling out the run already (on Mini2 that is), so please bear with me.:approve:

Took the bold move of posting on Mini2 a 'get yer finger out!:mad:'post thing (have no idea what you call it) so it's been confirmed that Taz is organising the route, but each area is organising the Local groups to meet with 'The Whacky Racers' on the whole run. I can volunteer to get the 'Part runners' names from NMS, meeting place and route sorted, but I would need someone else to 'coreograph' (why, oh why do I even attempt big words:blackeye:) everyone together and lead the way to the rondevous (there I go again) and route. So if someone can help me out for that part, 'I'm your Man' (before Kirsty sabotages the thread,;) who sang that song and in what year??)

:) Right now thats off me chest I'm a happy bunny :approve:

Any volunteers ???? :I

Gismo
20th January 2004, 10:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Davidson2

So if someone can help me out for that part, 'I'm your Man' (before Kirsty sabotages the thread,;) who sang that song and in what year??)Can't commit to the run, but the song is by leonard cohen and the year was around 1985 - 86, i'm not believing you want the shane ritchie version :p

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
20th January 2004, 04:37 PM
I'm afraid, like Alan, I'm not a definite for this run Davidson :( I may have other commitments over the May weekend. I'll keep an eye on the thread though and (if you end up really stuck, with nobody to help out) let me know and I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime though, c'mon folks, lend the guy a hand here...

GAJ
20th January 2004, 05:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

So if someone can help me out for that part, 'I'm your Man' (before Kirsty sabotages the thread,;) who sang that song and in what year??)Can't commit to the run, but the song is by leonard cohen and the year was around 1985 - 86, i'm not believing you want the shane ritchie version :p

Bonnie Scotland

I think Davidson2 is probably referring to the Wham! classic!:I I believe that this was indeed around 85 or 86. My mate Archie has his own wee dance for it!

This is the song that that Shane Ritchie bloke covered, although hearing him cover a Leonard Cohen song would be interesting. At least he would make it a bit cheerier!;)

Gismo
21st January 2004, 04:18 AM
Huh, i thought about Wham 8) but honestly thought that was called "Baby, I'm Your Man" can you see the subtle difference :eek:
I am right, dammit :evil:;)
Now where's my prize :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

Davidson2
21st January 2004, 07:21 AM
Gentlemen, Gentlemen please.... Yes I started this and for that I am so ashamed :disapprove: Hate to admit it but it was Wham I was thinking about. Even more unfortunate, I do believe Bonny Scotland has outwitted us all. :(

I have learnt my lesson though and shall now retire to my room without any supper:D:D:D Just proves that knowledge on these matters really does come with age!:cool::cool:

*Moderator, can you update the icons to include old men's faces please* :cool::cool:

Gismo
21st January 2004, 08:00 AM
Even more unfortunate, I do believe Bonny Scotland has outwitted us all :(Ahem :approve:

Bonnie Scotland

macblob
21st January 2004, 08:40 AM
only cause bonnie is like 102 heheheehhe hic, maybe shouldnt come on here after the pub

Davidson2
23rd January 2004, 12:05 AM
M.W Kirsty has kindly offered to organise the Monday Scottish Run & most importantly will have sponsor forms, route, meeting points etc... we have agreed to liase and sort out all the bits that everyone dreds.;)

I'll update you later on what the plan is.... in the mean time does anyone have any objections to us organising it all and confirm we can continue?

Please:D

weefossy
23rd January 2004, 05:42 AM
No objections at all. Let me know if you need any further help. Recce etc.
Davidson, haven't managed to get sponsership for your roof. Will keep trying.

Kirsty
23rd January 2004, 07:28 AM

M.W Kirsty has kindly offered to organise the Monday Scottish Run & most importantly will have sponsor forms, route, meeting points etc... we have agreed to liase and sort out all the bits that everyone dreds.;)

I'll update you later on what the plan is.... in the mean time does anyone have any objections to us organising it all and confirm we can continue?

Please:D

M.W?? HEE HEE!!:) You beat me to it Davidson!!:( I had my big speech all worked out (and had my eye lashes practicing fluttering and everything ;):p) about nagging people into joining in and most importantly the sponsorship bit!!!:D I can hand forms out on the St A's run unless I see some of you before then!!!!:D:)
I'll liaise with Davidson and we will let people know whats happening as we go along!!! :D <worries incase it all goes horribly wrong!!> :(

Duncan Stewart
23rd January 2004, 06:03 PM
Excellent news. Huge thanks to Davidson & Kirsty for doing the organising. I look forward to another fun mini adventure. :D

Willie M
23rd January 2004, 09:28 PM
Well done Davidson & Kirsty and don't worry, it'll all come together fine :cool: Sorry I couldn't help you out on this one, it's looking increasing likey that I may well be in the States (sadly on business) over the May weekend :blackeye::disapprove:

Monsta Mo Mini
23rd January 2004, 10:26 PM
Yup - well done guys. As always if you require any of my services you know where to to get me. I don't know if I'll be around that weekend - I may be in Orkney if all goes to plan!

broken_brian
23rd January 2004, 11:45 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Well it's looking increasing likey that I may well be in the States (sadly on business) over the May weekend :blackeye::disapprove:

can i get a lone of your new car then :clown::clown:

just to help run it in of course:cool:

zimbo
24th January 2004, 12:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

Well it's looking increasing likey that I may well be in the States (sadly on business) over the May weekend :blackeye::disapprove:

can i get a lone of your new car then :clown::clown:

just to help run it in of course:cool:

No!! me me me me me :p Leaving Linda to look after all those cars is too much for one person to manage...:D:D:D

Davidson2
24th January 2004, 07:33 AM
SPONSORSHIP OPTIONS

1) As you know the run is being done in aid of Whizz-kids charity, you can download a sponsor form from www.mini2bigrun.co.uk you can also sign up for the Monday run here.

If you could also give us your name here it will help aid Kirsty loads.

2) If you prefer, we have decided that our main beneficiary is 'Sick Childrens Hospital, Edinburgh'. This would mean that of the money raised '60% will go to Sick Childrens Hospital' (Locally) 35% will go to Wizz-kids and 5% to Mini2 as (as per the rules). Monies raised will be audited by my accountant and if we can find a way, tax relief will be added.

Kirsty will have the 'Sick Kids' Sponsor forms for the St Andrews run to hand out. Again please let us know your intent.

Fank you velly velly much:D

Willie M
5th February 2004, 05:03 PM
Sorry Davidson & Kirsty :(
Looks like this one's been shelved :disapprove:
http://66.220.28.159/forum/showthread.php?p=693329#post693329

minidriver#1
5th February 2004, 06:34 PM
aww man. Taz obviously seems dissapointed. Perhaps more time is required to plan it properly? i hope it goes ahead this year cos i was looking forward to doing the scottish section.

Duncan Stewart
5th February 2004, 08:34 PM
A real shame this is cancelled but the organiser sound pretty pissed off. I don't have time to follow Mini2 discussions but I assume some silly power struggle is going on.

Davidson2
8th February 2004, 03:41 AM
:D:D:DTHE SHOW AINT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!!:D:D:D

Ok, maybe Im obsessed with this run but what the 'L':p. Managed to rally a group of the core 'Whacky Racer' runners together in an effort to Inspire our Leader to rethink his decission. Should Taz not respond to this (full respect given) we intend to carry on and continue the run, with the resources we have.

:eightball::eightball::eightball:Will keep you up to date:eightball::eightball::eightball:

Davidson2
8th February 2004, 08:00 AM
Ladies & Gentlemen...
PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE RUN WILL GO AHEAD.

:D:D:DThankyou for your support:D:D:D

Julz
8th February 2004, 09:36 PM
Congratulations, I'm sure Taz is chuffed to know he has some willing supporters out there!!:D:p

Willie M
9th February 2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah, well done DD :cool: Nice one.

Duncan Stewart
9th February 2004, 05:39 PM
Hip, Hip, .... you know the rest! We done.

weefossy
10th February 2004, 06:18 AM
Been away for my birthday and have just read all the news on the Round Britain. Well done DD. We are still up for the Scottish Part and will help all we can. Davidson, let us know what's required.
I am working at Alton Towers on the Tues (4th) and Wed(5th), so I might try and fit in the final run back to Leeds on the Monday.

Davidson2
10th February 2004, 07:58 AM
:DThanks again for all the support from NMS, which as a group have managed to perswade change of hearts;) all the mails of support counted and the Scottish support has far outweighed all the other English clubs support put together (No discrimination intended), so thank you, thank you, thank you, for your comments;
:DChuffed to Mini Bits!:D

:clown:Kirsty will have the Sick Kids sponsor forms and hopefully more details of meeting points, times etc for the StAndrews run on 29th. Will keep you posted.:clown:

Davidson2
10th February 2004, 08:00 AM
Oh and Happy Birthday Weefossy... wont ask how old! Let me know nearer the time and Ill give you details for the trail back to Leeds...

duncan
11th February 2004, 02:16 AM
Is there still time to take part for the Scottish leg on the Monday?
My rosters changed and thats now my week off :)

Davidson2
11th February 2004, 09:19 AM
Duncan you can now consider yourself, a PT Whacky Racer!

Can you also register at www.mini2bigrun.co.uk you will find loads of other info there too!

duncan
12th February 2004, 04:50 AM

Duncan you can now consider yourself, a PT Whacky Racer!

Can you also register at www.mini2bigrun.co.uk you will find loads of other info there too!

Cheers!

Davidson2
12th February 2004, 09:21 AM
Flamin Pop ups!

taz2822
13th February 2004, 02:29 AM
Bloody Hell, you lot up here make my lot on my thread look like comatose jelly babies. I'll have to tell our lot to rediscover the art of communication.
Thanx to Davidson2 for twisting my arm and telling our lot 'to sod it and just watch us go'
Can someone move Newcastle 100 miles up a bit so I can join you lot?
Your support and enthusiasm inspires my drive for this event again.
We will do it - come hell or high water.

Thanks

Taz

weefossy
13th February 2004, 06:49 AM
Go for it Taz, we're with you:approve:
IMO you "Geordies" are all Scottish anyway. Our ancestors used to rape and pillage down your way so often, you all have Scottish blood in you.:evil:
I'm sure I can speak for NMS and say you are more than welcome to join any runs we have up here. A "Reivers" run round the Borders/Northumberland sounds good.....Oops, what have I just volunteered for!!!

duncan
13th February 2004, 06:53 AM
The Borders Spring last year was a cracker, ok, didnt quite make THE border.
Well, i might have done if i wasn't more careful.:I
(No comments thank you)

Willie M
13th February 2004, 04:21 PM
Thanks for popping by Taz and it's great to see the Big Run going ahead. You'll always be sure to find some support up in this neck of the woods, any excuse to get out in our cars ;)
You'd certainly be more than welcome to join any of our excursions up here :cool: Hopefully catch up with you on Heartbeat.

Duncan Stewart
2nd March 2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the sponsor form handed out at St Andrews. Just one thing - what should I do with it? Is this to get sponsorship for myself for doing the Scottish part? or should I use it to sponsor Davidson2?, or should use it to try to get lots of people to sponsor Davidson2?
Sorry if I appear a bit thick! :I :clown: . And where should the form & money be sent?

Willie M
2nd March 2004, 09:15 PM
Don't worry Duncan, I was equally as confused when I read the form on Sunday night :clown::I I 'think' it's for sponsoring DD on the whole run though :question: I'm sure Kirsty or he will confirm :)

Kirsty
2nd March 2004, 09:20 PM
I'm sorry I should have explained it!! Davidson will keep me right if I get this all wrong!!! HEE HEE!!! Sponsor forms are for you to get sponsors for yourself doing to run!! Cheques should be made payable to catz-eye.dom or Davidson Davidson whatever suits. Collection of forms and money...I'm not sure!! I'm meeting up with Davidson next week so one of us will let you all know!!! If that ok!! For the moment if you can just start collecting sponsors that would be great!!! I'll also speak to Davidson about route etc and let you all know!!!! Hope this makes sense if not chase me up!! HEE HEE!!!!!

Willie M
2nd March 2004, 09:27 PM
Jeeez!! That was a quick reply Kirsty, you don't hang about :approve:
Okay folks, let's go forth and collect those sponsors.

Kirsty
2nd March 2004, 09:30 PM
HEE HEE!!!! Just by chance that I'm at home today and keeping an eye on you lot although I think Macblob is off on his own wee rampage!! HEE HEE!!!!:p;) OH NO maybe I've got it all wrong!! :( I'll txt Davidson right now and let you all know asap!!!!

Julz
2nd March 2004, 10:42 PM
I didn't get a form!:(

zimbo
2nd March 2004, 11:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

I didn't get a form!:(

Think Kirsty is away to try and get some more made up Julz.:D

Kirsty
3rd March 2004, 03:23 AM
Thanks Zimbo!!! Sorry Julz I did run out but I'm meeting up with Davidson on Tuesday next week so I'll get him to bring some then and I can get them handed out on the bowling night on the 20th!!! (look at "Another Bowling Extravaganza" thread) I clarified with Davidson that the sponsor forms are for people to get sponsors for themselves doing the run. Davidson and I will then collect all the forms and pennies and distribute it to the charities!!!

Kirsty
3rd March 2004, 06:37 AM
Wee update!! Davidson and I can get forms and pennies off people at the run after this one!!! If people want to post stuff to Davidson I can give you his address!!!! But the run after will be plenty of time!!! Thank yaal!!!!

weefossy
3rd March 2004, 06:48 AM
Kirsty, could you e mail the form, or set up a PDF that could be downloaded? Do you want any assistance with route or recce?

Kirsty
3rd March 2004, 06:55 AM
Davidson has forms on his machine so I'll need to wait and get him to do that on tues!!! As for recce.. can I get back to you I think we've got it under control but I'll check and let you know!!! Thanks very much!!!!

taz2822
3rd March 2004, 07:18 AM
regarding sponsorship - I'll try to clarify this as best I can.
The downloadable forms are for any individual who can raise any monies for the charity. whether they do the full run or just part. As for the issue of where does the collected monies go.....well, bit of a sore point. Early on in the Mini2 thread I asked the powers that be about a bank account or something that made things monitored and accountable.- 6 months on I'm still waiting for a reply.( nuff said) I'll try and sort something out soon.WhizzKidz are now 100% behind the run, were working on getting BMW to speak to us ( again someone was suppose t be looking into that too) By all accounts were raising some decent funds. Just seem to be snagged by bureacracy ( or ego)
After doing the M6 the day before -looking forward to the Scottish calm

Davidson2
4th March 2004, 08:30 AM
:cool:Ola, :cool:Bonjourno, :cool:Bonjour... me is back in the UK now and trying to catch up with everything (which will take about three weeks at this rate:()
Big thanks to M.'Y' Kirsty for keeping you guys updated. Thought she might be good at fluttering the eye lashes and talking you all into collecting lots of pennies, so big thanks to all.

To clarify Taz's last post. We :)Scottish flok:) have two options of sponsorship:

1./ Download the sponsorform from www.mini2bigrun.co.uk. Use this form if you want 95% of funds raised to go to 'Whizz-kidz' & 5% goes to mini2.com.

2./ The sponsor forms Kirsty has; 60% of funds raised go to 'Sick Kids' appeal, Edinburgh, 35% goes to 'Whizz-kidz' & 5% goes to mini2.com.

So that is the only difference.

As Taz said there is no 'Charity account' as such for us, so my accountant has agreed to 'audit' moneys raised in Scotland to ensure all is distributed to the correct receiver in a proper manner.

Hope we all now singing form the same hymn sheet now:D:D:D

minidriver#1
15th March 2004, 02:41 AM
i have a form for this, but i dont think i'll be able to make it, sorry :(

Davidson2
19th March 2004, 07:22 AM
No worries KJ, thanks for the support though, if you do have any sponsors, please let me know... Every penny helps and aw that :o)

seany
19th March 2004, 10:16 PM
cant make this one any more, sorry

seany
19th March 2004, 10:18 PM
if i get any sponsors, i will pass it on.

Davidson2
20th March 2004, 12:17 AM
We will miss ya Seany, thanks re sponsorship.

Davidson2
3rd April 2004, 07:46 AM
Ok Big Mini Run update (?)

Please see General Thread 'Italian Job Driving School' for update on Contributions from Dealers (That being only Dunedin Mini)

Pre Sponsorship forms, now have £900 sponsorship money, Fuel donated, accomodation costs donated & about another £300 pending, so quite pleased.

Evening News and Daily record will be popping along on the Monday, so polish those Minis (and bald spots if applicable)!

There is going to be a CD with Driving Music, Polo Shirts and T-Shirts available if we have enough orders, each priced at £10. There is a little profit which is going straight to the cause.

Please list your interest, if there is any, and I shall pass it on! (Include size please, they are made to order.)

Lastly, Caledonian & Mini Clan are being invited to join us, so we should have ourselfs a proper convoy!!!

Linda M
4th April 2004, 03:03 AM
Remember our company will take one of your roof squares Davidson, tell us what you need. Also we want to send you some sponsorship money, where should I send my cheque and who should it be made out to :question:

Davidson2
4th April 2004, 10:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

Remember our company will take one of your roof squares Davidson, tell us what you need. Also we want to send you some sponsorship money, where should I send my cheque and who should it be made out to :question:

I will e-mail you my details. Anyone else interested, let me know and I will do the same.

Willie M
6th April 2004, 03:53 PM
Ordered myself a couple of T-shirts on the MINI2 thread :cool:

Okay, I'm definitely going to be there on the Monday (3rd May) to do the Edinburgh via various bits of Scotland ;) and then on to Leeds. I'll be dipping out at some point North of the border though :sleepy:, and then heading home.

Any idea what time you'll be departing Dreghorn (Edinburgh) on the Monday morning yet D2? I'm gonna try and send you an e-mail.

Davidson2
8th April 2004, 06:54 AM

Any idea what time you'll be departing Dreghorn (Edinburgh) on the Monday morning yet D2? I'm gonna try and send you an e-mail.

This is one that has been discussed quite a bit, below are brief details that are confirmed.

0800hrs meet
0830hrs photographs & sponsors publicity things :D
0845hrs Depart Dreghorn Services :p
Route;

Edinburgh - Perth - [Stop @ Safeways] - Perth - Sprean Bridge - [Stop at Commando Memorial] - Fort William - [McDonalds, Lunch] - Trossachs - 'to be continued... re seperation point for South travelers.':I

Willie M; thanks for your offer to get numbers together on the thread... Offer accepted... :D

Willie M
8th April 2004, 03:27 PM

Willie M; thanks for your offer to get numbers together on the thread... Offer accepted... :D
DOH!! Trust me to open my mouth... :clown:

Okay folks. I've taken the liberty of editing the first post in this thread (Calum'll probably kick my head in :blackeye:) and started a list of folks who've expressed an interest in this one.

Please can folks confirm if they're doing the Sunday part, Monday part, or both days. I believe there's only one Scottish looney doing the complete run ;):D:sleepy:

For anyone who hasn't already expressed interest and would like to come along, please let us know. You could very well be taking part in what I'm sure will become known as a most legendary MINI adventure :cool:

C'MON. Let's give the Whacky Racers and the assorted charities our full support on this one. Let's show them what a caring bunch us NMS-ers really are :approve:

GENTLEMEN (& LADIES)... START YOUR ENGINES...

Duncan Stewart
8th April 2004, 08:43 PM
Helen and I will be doing the Monday part - looking forward to another great run.

Duncan Stewart
8th April 2004, 08:48 PM
I take it the route has changed a bit? The big run website says Sunday run ends at Penrith. Monday is Penrith - Inverness - Leeds.

Davidson2
9th April 2004, 01:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I take it the route has changed a bit? The big run website says Sunday run ends at Penrith. Monday is Penrith - Inverness - Leeds.

Yea Route had to be changed considerably for three reasons...

1. Politics within Mini2 (Which I aint getting involved in) :blackeye:

2. To meet Sponsors requests :D

3. Due to Roadworks and traffic constraints over the Bank Holiday weekend would have led to 15hrs non stop driving on the Monday. :evil:

Hope no one is too disappointed that we are missing Inverness, just had to prioritise the 2900mile runners Im afraid.

Duncan Stewart
9th April 2004, 02:15 AM
No probs on what route is getting used, just curious 8)
Lookin forward to the run :D Cheers

weefossy
9th April 2004, 05:24 AM
Pardon, je ne compris pas!! Is the Sunday night stop over, no longer at Dreghorn? Where does it say this on the mini2 website?
For the record Willie, we will join in Sunday....somewhere and leave Monday... somewhere. Would love to go all the way back to Leeds, but I have an early flight Tuesday.
Help please!

Willie M
9th April 2004, 03:19 PM
Davidson will confirm for sure Malcolm but I'm certain the Sunday night stopover is indeed at Dreghorn.

See 1st post in this thread for more detail :cool:

Wul
9th April 2004, 07:33 PM
Hey guys - what time are you arriving at Dreghorn on Sunday night? if thats where you're staying?

Might be able to pop along on Monday to wave you boys off as thats only 5mins up the road from me!

Julz
9th April 2004, 07:45 PM
It may be that I might have to tag on at Perth and leave part way through as it appears to be the week we're moving house!!:eek::D

Davidson2
10th April 2004, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by weefossy

Pardon, je ne compris pas!! Is the Sunday night stop over, no longer at Dreghorn? Where does it say this on the mini2 website?
For the record Willie, we will join in Sunday....somewhere and leave Monday... somewhere. Would love to go all the way back to Leeds, but I have an early flight Tuesday.
Help please!

Oui! (Pardon my French) ;)
The Sunday Night sleep over will be at Travelodge (paid by Dunedin Mini) :I (See the publicity you could have had...[Removes straw & disgards] :eek: Arrival time will be confirmed nearer the time regarding the Sunday evening, I donot have details of that recce yet.

Wee Fuzzy...;) Will post my Mobile number (below) If you want to call, Text on the day, we will make sure we catch each other.
The number can be used by the rest if you get lost, have problems etc...

0778-239-1718 Mini2 Big Run Updates etc... etc...

weefossy
14th April 2004, 06:49 AM
Have put post on Mini2.com (412) Is anybody from NMS planning to join the run on Sunday? We are thinking of going down to Penrith area to join in. As always, beds available at "Chez foster" for the Saturday night, if an early start is required.

Julz
14th April 2004, 03:44 PM
Ok, spoon that I am, I just realised, I still don't have a sponsor form for this, can anyone help??:eek::blackeye::I

Wul
14th April 2004, 07:03 PM
LOL! Just clocked your edit WillieM - Ha Ha!

I will defo manage to nip in to see you chaps off, and have my existence verified by another few NMS members! :D

Wul
14th April 2004, 07:04 PM
OH - and i may even get my breakfast from the BK at dreghorn for good measure :approve:

Wul
15th April 2004, 06:10 AM
TRAFFIC UPDATE!!

Please check your route for the Monday - the Forth Road Bridge is getting resurfaced and the traffic is pandamonium - there was an hours delay on the A8000 northbound tonight at 8pm! :eek: God only knows how it will be on a Monday morning at rush hour!

Can you not use the Kincardine Bridge? Or if you must use the FRB - avoid the A8000 and head down to Barnton and on to the A90.

Davidson2
15th April 2004, 08:10 AM
Thanks Wul, was aware of Resurfacing work, however, its a Bank Holiday Monday, so am hoping it will be a smooth ride. FRB is mainly for the Englanders who want the experience (Bless em!), but there is a plan B. We should be able to judge volume from Dreghorn.

Wul has a point though, if anyone knows of major roadworks on route, would appreciate that you advise.

Update:
Dreghorn, Edinburgh. (Caffine)
Grassicks, Perth. (Thanks Euan) for toilet & 2nd coffee :D
Ben Alder Car Park, Dalwhinnie. regroup, toilet, etc...
Commando Memorial, Sprean Bridge. Photographs
Fort William, McDonalds Drive Through. (Ive warned them.)
Callander, ReGroup, Toilet
Stirling Services
then
Stirling Services
Abington Services
Scotch Corner
Leeds

Leeds
Moffat
Edinburgh
Bed :sleepy:

Julz
15th April 2004, 03:53 PM
I will try my best to do the Perth to Stirling section, but as time gets nearer, it appears that we will be on the move that week, so I might just see you at Perth, hand over my money, collect my t-shirts then wave you all goodbye again!!:(:clown:

Wul
15th April 2004, 05:20 PM
No probs D2 - according to the radio, the roadworks are supposed to be off by 6am on the Monday mornings but who knows!

Even on a bank holiday the A8000 will still be busy so i would still go the Barnton - A90 route to the FRB - although you won't get to see Dundas Castle on the left as you go down the A8000, lovely castle which holds many more famous weddings ;) Or the escapee chickens which run riot half way down the A8000! :D

taz2822
15th April 2004, 10:40 PM
You chaps seem to have your act together, (definitly changing nationality after we get a drubbing in Euro 2004)

As you may know the merchandising bandwagon has got rolling (shouldn't we have made the film first?) Anyway got a limited issue 100 specially printed CD's done of 17 of the best driving/travelling tunes ever to commemerate the run.
Tracks include: Running with Devil/ van Halen. Fast Car/ Tracy Chapman. Born to Run/ Springsteen. Free Falling/ Tom Petty. Homeward Bound/ Simon and his Carbunkle. etc etc
I'll be selling these at the Rocks & Radar Run & on route. All proceeds to the cause. Price between £5-7 havn't decided yet. As you are the last stageI would hate to have none in the car for you all. If you want some let me know how many I should keep back for you.

Wul
15th April 2004, 10:55 PM
Taz - i'll take one and get it from you on the Monday at Dreghorn please. :)

Wul
15th April 2004, 10:58 PM
BTW - plenty of good photo ops up that neck of the woods, road to swanston, road to hillend - all looking up the pentlands - lovely!

Davidson2
16th April 2004, 06:46 AM
Two weeks to go and me getting excited now :D:clown::D

Will remove A8000 Wul, thanks. Good choice of location for photos as well. Will get everyone round there before departure.

Julz, will be good to see you, anywhere, anytime any place :I (Dosn't quite sound right...) Hope the move goes ok. Stressful in it! :(

Thanks again everyone for your support.

ny152
18th April 2004, 05:17 AM
Just posted a message on the MINI2 forum. Should be able to take part on the Monday from Edinburgh to Scotch Corner (Travel Lodge sold out of cheap rates on the Sunday!).

Are any members from Glasgow planning to take part on the Monday - maybe we can organise a little convoy in the morning to The Dark Side (aka Edinburgh)?

bloocoop
21st April 2004, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know roughly what time on the Monday the run will get to Perth and whereabouts in Perth as I'd like to tag along for part of run up north. Can't seem to find the info on the run's website.

Kirsty
22nd April 2004, 02:53 AM
Taz can I have a CD too please!!!!! I'll be meeting folks at Dreghorn so I'll get it from you then if thats ok!!!! Don't want to miss out on good chooones!!!! Thanks!!

Willie M
22nd April 2004, 03:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by bloocoop

Does anyone know roughly what time on the Monday the run will get to Perth and whereabouts in Perth as I'd like to tag along for part of run up north. Can't seem to find the info on the run's website.
I'm afraid I'm not too sure bloocoop. Think Julz was planning on tagging along around the Perth area so it may be worth trying to have a word with her.

Davidson2
23rd April 2004, 09:28 AM
Confirmed Times:

Depart Edinburgh @ 0845hrs

Arrive Grassicks BMW/Mini, Perth @ 0933hrs

Depart Perth @ 0950hrs

Arrive Dalwhinnie @ 1116hrs

Depart Dalwhinnie @ 1130hrs

Arrive Commando Memorial @ 1226hrs

Depart Commando Memorial @ 1245hrs

Arrive Fort William @ 1302hrs

Depart Fort William @ 1340hrs

Arrive Stirling @ 1605hrs (Inc Short stop at Callander)

Depart Stirling @ 1645hrs

Arrive Leeds @ 2100hrs (Via Annandale & Scotch Corner)

Arrive in Hotel Bar @ 2101hrs

Fall into bed 2104hrs

Wake up 2109hrs, (following day) :D

PLEASE COME PREPARED WITH FULL TANK OF FUEL, CAMERA, MONEY & PACKED LUNCH. IF YOU HAVE ORDERED TSHIRTS, CD'S ETC... AND CANT MAKE IT, PLEASE ARRANGE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO COLLECT FOR YOU.

GRATCI

CIAO :)

Davidson2
23rd April 2004, 09:29 AM
p.s, Lunch is at McDonalds Fort William, Packed lunch is just incase you get the nibbles ;o)

bloocoop
23rd April 2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks 4 the info Davidson2, hope to see everyone on the Monday:)

Julz
23rd April 2004, 05:10 PM

Confirmed Times:

Could you be any more exact??;)

Davidson2
26th April 2004, 03:45 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Confirmed Times:

Could you be any more exact??;)

After 'certain people' made comments regarding my time keeping when the clocks went forward, which I don't hold against YOU!!!!! ;)I expect to meet you no later than 0934hrs, or I shall be obliged to commandeer baby B for the duration of the Scottish Leg :D

seany
26th April 2004, 09:47 PM
you's still passing inverness

Julz
26th April 2004, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by seany

If you look about 5 posts up, D2 has the route shown.:sleepy:

seany
26th April 2004, 10:12 PM
ok

Davidson2
27th April 2004, 06:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by seany

Wondered when you'd catch on... ;)

Unfortunately due to logistics (flamin eck, didnt realise I knew big words!) :eek: and only 24hrs in a day, the Scottish route had to be shortened and Inverness was removed. Humble appologies to the Inverdonians (is that the right word or is it just 'Tuchters?) ;)

Davidson2
27th April 2004, 06:04 AM
Julz, was thinkin, scene you will be so busy with the move and all... I could borrow Baby B for the run... Just keep her warm for you... so to speak... No?

Willie M
27th April 2004, 03:25 PM
I think you may just be getting a wee bit too excited there young man ;) I think it's time for some of your tablets :approve:

When are you heading down Soth for the start DD? Are you off on Wednesday?

Absolute best wishes for an enjoyable and safe run, have fun, I'm sure you will. Look forward to hooking up with you all on Monday :cool:

Julz
27th April 2004, 03:35 PM

Julz, was thinkin, scene you will be so busy with the move and all... I could borrow Baby B for the run... Just keep her warm for you... so to speak... No?

Yeah, why not!! Oh, hang on, NO!!! I could give you a toy replica though, the guy that fitted my bodykit has been asked to make a little radio controlled S look like mine!!:eek::D

ELFMAN
27th April 2004, 09:45 PM
Is there a rough time for Arrival/Departure at/from Stirling Services on Monday 3rd? I'd like to tag along for part of the run Southwards. Didn't think I'd be able to for various reasons, but at least I could get from Stirling down the road a bit. Unless the car's in getting the door fixed......

Davidson - will chuck some money in your charity bucket on the Monday, or you can get in touch and I'll send you some if I don't make it. All the best!!!

duncan
28th April 2004, 03:18 AM
Hi D2, I think i'll just meet up with you guys at Perth on Monday, if thats ok.

weefossy
28th April 2004, 06:12 AM
Davidson, will see you at Penrith, sometime on Sunday. Will phone you to find your exact location when we get there. If you want to text or leave messages of the "Pigrims Progress" on my mobile, I will update this forum to keep everyone in the picture. I am intending to go all the way from Penrith to Leeds. Hopefully sioban and I will have about £200 sponsership to add to your total. Every little bit counts!!

ny152
28th April 2004, 05:30 PM
Has anyone contacted Menzies in Stirling to see if they would be interested in making a donation? From Davidsons experience with his dealer and Yorkie Blue over on MINI2 it might be worth a shot. Certainly i've not heard anything back from Fairbairns but dont mind dropping off an email to Menzies if no one has already done so. Nothing ventured nothing gained!!

p.s. is Dreghorn on the way out towards IKEA? Not too sure about my directons (that bodes well doesn't it :-D)

Wul
28th April 2004, 05:52 PM
Goldmini here's a map (http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=2123829&companyName=shell&location=EDINBURGH&referer=search&replayURL=%2Fsearch%2FDoSearch%3Fstate%3DAMB%26bus inessType%3D%26alpha%3Dc%2B1000180%26mqs%3Dx%26tar getName%3D%26broaderLocation%3DMIDLOTHIAN%257CCENT RAL%2BSCOTLAND%257CSCOTLAND%257CUNITED%2BKINGDOM%2 6scrambleSeed%3D2073%26startAt%3D10%26location%3DE DINBURGH%26Submit.y%3D0%26Submit.x%3D0%26screen%3D VAL%26companyName%3Dshell)

it's on the eastbound side 3 junctions before the IKEA turnoff! :)

Or should that be the first turnoff after the M8/ Hermiston gait roundabout!:I

Wul
28th April 2004, 05:54 PM
holy Cow BS - that was quick! I was away to find how to do that again too! :I

ny152
28th April 2004, 05:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Goldmini here's a map (http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=2123829&companyName=shell&location=EDINBURGH&referer=search&replayURL=%2Fsearch%2FDoSearch%3Fstate%3DAMB%26bus inessType%3D%26alpha%3Dc%2B1000180%26mqs%3Dx%26tar getName%3D%26broaderLocation%3DMIDLOTHIAN%257CCENT RAL%2BSCOTLAND%257CSCOTLAND%257CUNITED%2BKINGDOM%2 6scrambleSeed%3D2073%26startAt%3D10%26location%3DE DINBURGH%26Submit.y%3D0%26Submit.x%3D0%26screen%3D VAL%26companyName%3Dshell)

it's on the eastbound side 3 junctions before the IKEA turnoff! :)

Thanks Wul - should stop us from getting too lost. Phoned the Travelodge but they dont offer a travel agent discount so just going to drive through in the morning I think.

Just need to look out the passport for entry to Edinburgh and thats it sorted :D

Wul
28th April 2004, 06:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini
Just need to look out the passport for entry to Edinburgh and thats it sorted :D

Don't forget your toll money too!:D

Davidson2
28th April 2004, 09:20 PM
Hey, How are ya?

Ok wee updates and hopefully answers to all your questions.

Julz... Thanks honey.... Consider the Jaffa Cakes eaten!!! :p

Elfman... Was missing your humour online, glad to see you are still there, what happened to your door??? Due to arrive at Stirling Services at 1605hrs, then heading off again at 1645hrs.

Duncan... Thanks for letting me know, look forward to seeing you at Grassicks.

Willie M... Leaving for Leeds at 1000hrs on Thursday, to find bearings, meet with Taz & get the final details from Leeds United Stadium (Start Point). Thankyou once again for all your support, will keep you posted, can you text me your mobile number and I will send you updates for the site. Thanks for offering to do that...:D

Weefossy... Look forward to meeting you around Penrith. Text me your moblie number and I will guide you to where we will be. Thankyou for your support, much appreciated.

Goldmini... Thankyou for your suggestion, re Menzies, Menzies & Eastern have not shown support or made donations despite letter and phone call. If anyone can twist their dealers arm though, that would be tremendous! Euan has attempted this at Grassicks, so we are filling their carpark till we get some dosh! :approve:

Final Words...

This is probably my last time on line before I go, so I got a couple of requests please:

If you have ordered CD's, T / Polo shirts etc and cant make it, please arrange for someone else to pick up and pay for you, saves anyone being out of pocket.

My mobile number is 0778-239-1718, feel free to text questions and info as necessary, especially if you have good looking female friends who are single.;)

Finally...
Donations on the Monday. If you would like to support 'Sick Children's Hospital' as main beneficiary, please ensure your donation comes to me and not the Whizz-kidz bucket.

Thank you all, your support has been inspiring and I look forward to meeting you all on the Monday... Clear Roads, D2

Willie M
28th April 2004, 09:30 PM

Willie M... can you text me your mobile number and I will send you updates for the site. Thanks for offering to do that...:D
:eek:Eh? ... DOH!! :clown: Don't worry, I'll do yer updates ;) Will txt you my number later today.

All the best for the run DD, we're all very proud of you :approve:
See you on Monday :cool:

Davidson2
29th April 2004, 06:13 AM

Willie M... can you text me your mobile number and I will send you updates for the site. Thanks for offering to do that...:D
:eek:Eh? ... DOH!! :clown: Don't worry, I'll do yer updates ;) Will txt you my number later today.

All the best for the run DD, we're all very proud of you :approve:
See you on Monday :cool:

Eh... :eek:I know someone offered... Sorry if it wasn't you...:blackeye: Thank you for volunteering though :D:D:D

weefossy
30th April 2004, 03:23 AM
D2, i offerrred two doo the updaits, but arse Wulley is a bittar spellar thane me, oil let her doo it. Iz that OK unkel Wulley? Teech u knot too knot voluntire!!
All the best with the run D2, see you at Penrith

Willie M
30th April 2004, 10:01 PM
I've told you before Malc, don't drink and type at the same time ;)
See ya's all on Monday.
Wul. I should be at Dreghorn around 8am for that wee business transaction we discussed ;)

Big Gordy
30th April 2004, 11:43 PM
Does this mean were on for Tuesday am for the handover of Big C's rubber gear WillieM :p:D:approve:

Willie M
30th April 2004, 11:49 PM
That'd be fine with me Big G. I'll be at work at my usual time :sleepy:

Wul
1st May 2004, 04:15 AM

I've told you before Malc, don't drink and type at the same time ;)
See ya's all on Monday.
Wul. I should be at Dreghorn around 8am for that wee business transaction we discussed ;)

Great news Willie - how will I know it's you? will you have the outrageously large tiger skin fur coat on with the red rose on the lapel again?:p:D

Willie M
1st May 2004, 07:01 PM
LOL :D Yup, that'd be me Wul :cool:

** UPDATE FROM D2 **
Okay. Got a couple of txt's from the man himself. Here's how he's doing so far.
9 full runners started the trip from the MINI factory in Oxford. 18 part runners were due to hook up there too but only 3 turned up :( At the end of day one they'd covered 420 miles (only 2000+ to go).

20 part runners (ah, that's better) joined the mental 9 this morning, heading down to Brighton in the morning. Lucky rats all managed to get a quick spin in a MINI convertible this morning too (at one of the dealerships, I think).

D2's having a great time, says the other 8 full runners are a 'fun crew' and they're all looking forward to getting up to Scotland.

Lets be sure to give them all a warm NMS welcome when they get here folks :cool:

Will keep you posted of any further updates from Mr. Davidson :approve:

ny152
2nd May 2004, 08:06 AM

Lets be sure to give them all a warm NMS welcome when they get here folks :cool:

I can only agree with what Willie says.
Lets show the English crowd how its done come Monday :cool:

It would be great to see as many NMS members as possible join in whenever they can - it's all for a good cause (not to mention a good drive).

Willie M
2nd May 2004, 08:19 AM
** 2nd Update **
Just spoken to our hero on the phone and boy does he sound tired :sleepy:
Now resting up in Bristol for the night. Departed Oxford am, down to Brighton. 34 MINIs started, split up into 3 groups but sadly all ended up getting lost along the way :eek: This led to 3 hours getting added to journey whilst waiting on all cars getting to destination.

D2 said the run to Bristol was 'amazing' though and he's certainly enjoying himself. They raised £205 for charity just through donations taken on the way today.

All the best to Malcolm & Sioban who are hooking up tomorrow. Send them all our best.

C'mon Monday runners, lets show these guys a good time :cool:

ELFMAN
3rd May 2004, 02:41 AM
Keep Going D2!!!!! You have our support - just wash it before you hand it back.

See you guys at some stage tomorrow - don't know where, don't know when, but I'm sure etc etc......
Picking Bill up at Blyth Bridge early AM, so we'll ambush you somewhere up North!!
Safe journeys everybody!

Willie M
3rd May 2004, 04:39 AM
Look forward to seeing you 'somewhere' en-route tomorrow Euan :cool:

Burple
3rd May 2004, 04:45 AM
See y'all bright and early in Edinburger!

mmmm..... burger...... :cool::D

weefossy
3rd May 2004, 05:43 AM
Just got home after a great day. Met the Whackies at Penrith in glorious sunshine. The drive to Edinburgh via Hadrian's Wall, Jedburgh and Lauder was fast but smooth. The Whackies all still seemed in great spirits, despite being tired. They were all impressed with the roads and the scenery and I am sure they will enjoy the rest of Scotland!! Hopefully we can get a big turn out tomorrow to support Davidson and the gang. Davidson may post more later. See you en route.

Willie M
3rd May 2004, 06:36 AM
Sounds like you had a fun day Malc & Sioban, weather was certainly good to you :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, bright & early :sleepy:

Davidson2
3rd May 2004, 07:17 AM
Very quickly from Flick & I. Despite some route hitches ie...

D2. Wheres the route directions?

Taz. We are here... you want to go there... follow squiggly lines (Via Leicester!)

In great company, have met over fifty people with their Mini's.

Can only describe as the most incredible experience. Around Britain, some awsome experiences and sights, clifton suspension bridge, Brighton, Oxford Plant, 'Leicester', Lakes, not to mention the 'Heartbeat route' at 100mph by the time you read 'Warning, Severe Dip' its too late! You take off!!!! you dont actually land tho... its just a controlled CRASH!

Pls log onto Mini2, read the Autobiographys and watch the Video... ITS ALL TRUE! Even the 'Mango Boy' Part!!! and the 'Fluff' part!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou... VERY VERY TIRED. 600 miles to go. (Taz, mis calculated by 1000 miles!!!) Hope to see you tomoz.

Good night!

Willie M
3rd May 2004, 02:21 PM
WAKEY WAKEY !! :p

Wul
3rd May 2004, 05:55 PM
Just waved the troops off from edinburger - a few pics for you guys :)

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32529_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32529.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32531_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32531.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32532_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32532.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32533_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/Wul/32533.jpg)

Tahra
3rd May 2004, 07:17 PM
Looks like a lovely day for it ! Ill be thinking of you all while Im stuck in the darkroom.....:(

Good luck Davidson !:approve:

3GGG
4th May 2004, 02:25 AM
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32621_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32621.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32622_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32622.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32623_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32623.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32624_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32624.jpg)
http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32625_thumb.jpg (http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/3GGG/32625.jpg)

Some photies from Stirling Services

Willie M
4th May 2004, 05:10 AM
What a brilliant day oot, really enjoyed the run today :cool:
Great to meet up with the Wacky Racers and to catch up with some of the NMS regulars again too (especially the TLE crew ;), you know who you are). Nice of Baby B to make an appearance too and lead us up to Pitlochry :approve: Great to see Elfman catch us up along the way and brilliant to see Broken Brian & 3GGG sitting at Stirling to meet us all coming in.

On behalf of D2, and all the Racers, a BIG THANK YOU to all who came along today and helped make the Scottish Leg the success that it was. It was great to hear everyone at Stirling Services saying how great today had been. Every Racer to a man / woman said that they felt today had been the best part of the whole trip, they all really enjoyed their Scottish adventure.

Well done Davidson (+ Flicka), well done everyone.

I've put a few pics up on the MINI2 thread here
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?p=838729#post838729

Sorry this is a big picture but here's one of our local hero at Spean Bridge Commando Memorial earlier today.
http://www.minibuzz.com/images/Big%20Run%20Scotland/DSCF0115.JPG

ny152
4th May 2004, 09:04 AM
Had a great time on the run yesterday :D

Some great roads and decent weather. I think our English friends were suitably impressed. Only scary moment was when Mr Mondeo wanted to take Duncans place by cutting him up coming out of Glencoe :mad:

Favourite bit was heading out of Callendar car park. Felt a bit like royalty with all the passers-by watching us :I

Well done to Davidson (and Taz of course) and total respect to all those who took part :cool:

BTW, can also confirm that Willie M and Wul were spotted in the same car park at the same time. Pretty sure neither was a cardboard cut out, but suppose it could have been done with mirrors :eek:

ELFMAN
4th May 2004, 04:24 PM
What a great day! Hope everybody arrived safely at their respective homes. Well done to all the “Full Circuit” runners, especially our very own Davidson and crew.

Just before we peeled off for Moffat, my driving licence could be heard pleading for mercy. Fastest ever MINI convoy? Thanks to that my petrol warning light came on 20 miles from home in the rain and dark on wee country roads - suffice to say I took it easy.... made it to my local petrol station and it took £33.00 of Optimax.

Tank empty, Day full of fun.

Duncan Stewart
4th May 2004, 05:02 PM
A great run on some of my favourite roads and a railtour train to photograph at Fort William - what more could I ask for! Thanks to everyone and well done the wacky racers

Julz
4th May 2004, 06:25 PM
Sorry I could only travel with you all as far as Pitlochry, but I did go home via the Moulin Moor!!;) I was just doing a recce for the Harvest Run, HONEST!! Phoned Rob before we left Perth and told him I was going to Pitlochry, he just laughed and said "see you in a couple of hours"!!:D

Shame I didn't get the chance to meet everyone, maybe next time!!;)

Burple
4th May 2004, 06:37 PM
Well what can I say...

everything that all you guys have already said!!
What an awesome day!!

Respec' to all you guys who did the whole run and for all the money raised! Damn fine effort everyone!

Quick update for y'all - They arrived back in Leeds last night at approx 23:59, after covering their 2500 miles (plus the <ahem> ;)detours....) Leicester anyone?? ;);)
I believe the amount raised was in the region of £5500!!!
Wow! :eek::eek::D:D:D:cool:

Well done everybody!!

and a special Thanks to Grassicks in Perth for letting us invade them so early on a Bank Holiday Monday! :D

Nice to meet some more of our Mental Mini cousins fron Daan Saarf as well!!
right.. off to check out thother thread on MINI2..

Burple
4th May 2004, 06:38 PM
quote:
Great to meet up with the Wacky Racers and to catch up with some of the NMS regulars again too (especially the TLE crew ;), you know who you are).

Sshhhhhhhh!! It's a secret!!!! ;););):cool:

broken_brian
4th May 2004, 10:56 PM
to the skies........!

taz2822
5th May 2004, 05:28 AM
We'll were do I start?
We finished in at Leeds 11.59pm, so we had 1 minute to spare before it was technically a 5 day run!

I left Leeds at 12.26 and got home to Newcastle at 1.39- bearing in mind I stopped for petrol and travelled 110 miles - you work out my average speed!!!

It was the BEST 4 DAYS EVER - and leaving everyone last night was like leaving all your friends that you met on your first ever holiday at the airport. Considering most of the Wacky Racers were on their FIRST run - respect It's been a blast. Especially the 132mph of drag racing between us and the muscle body kit Red Cooper S that was waiting for us in Abbingdon ( we saw him off tho ) Was he one of your lot? Sorry for the blast but I had to do it just once- I slowed down when my alloys left the rubbers to go back to Glenco by themselves

Too many highlights to mention just yet - Leicester, The Garden Centre, Max's House, The Hadrians Wall Roman Road, Scotland ( all of it } Yorkie being overtaking at 56mph by an impatient articulated lorry on the Glasgow A7?( ..you had to be there I'm still wringing my underpants out!! }

Again Thanx for everyone who turned out you made Scotland REALLY SPECIAL TO US. So much so that Minion,YorkieBlue & Myself have booked hotels for the Cullen despite the matchsticks in our eyes. The support and the friendliness on the Scottish leg was amazing and made us feel so special and welcom. You did yourselves proud- Respect to you all. I'll not have a thing said about Allie McCoists haircut said again!. And I wont mention Mango Boy's dismal attempt at trying to steal my crown of Master of the Lost Boys trying to find the motorway! Nice attempt tho Mango .And personally I could drive through Glencoe forever- Ooops! No, thats Leicester isn't it!.

Thanx to WillieM, WeeFossy, GoldMini and everyone- and a VERY VERY SPECIAL HUG to Mango Boy and Flick the Chick for persuading me to continue with this when others wimped out to get their nappies changed.

it truly was BONNIE SCOTLAND.

see you at the Cullen, if I can find my way out of Newcastle. Respect. taz

ny152
5th May 2004, 07:06 AM
Hi Taz

Thanks for bringing the Wacky Racers up to Scotland :D

The determination that you all showed in doing the full weekend was great. Looking at you all in Stirling Services with your tea (and chocolate midgies) sitting around it was like being at a proper family get together! Minus any arguments of course :blackeye:

Hopefully the success of the Run will spur you on to do another next year. If you do then there is no way I want to miss any of it, and I am sure others will want to be part of it just as much.

Without a doubt Monday was the best MINI run I've ever had the pleasure to take part in. God only knows the buzz you Wacky Racers must have got from it all :D

See you at Cullen, and if you have any shirts left can you bring me one please, forgot to ask yesterday.

p.s. hope the new job started off okay.

weefozzy Jr
6th May 2004, 01:05 AM
GREAT DAY!!! GREAT PEOPLE!!!! INTERESTING WEATHER!!!! AND COFFEE AND REDBULL ALL ROUND!!!!
THANKS FOLKS HOPEFULLY ITS THE BEINGIN OF MANY MORE......to be continued

Davidson2
6th May 2004, 10:24 AM
Where do I begin... Suppose Day '0' is a good place where we travelled down to Leeds, thinking 'Why did I talk this Jordy into this again?' Had so many doubts and was pretty low :disapprove:. To organise something like this has taken many sleepless nights and more £££ than any of you could imagine. Still, had to do it for the Kiddies...:clown: Then we arrived in Leeds and met the crew and all doubts went to the wind...

Taz. What can I say... Very, Very funny man. Dosnt even try to be funny, he just is. Only man I have ever met that has the navigational ability of Scot of the Antartic! No wonder he is Master of the Lost Boys!!! Still, it all added to the fun and the spirit of things, even when Taz lost the group before we got out of Oxford... In fact he even admited, he had lost us by the time we left the car park :D:p:clown::D Taz, you are my hero! ;)

Minion & Minionet. Far to quiet a couple, married for nine years, (Happily :eek:) and always smiling. 'This was their FIRST Mini run!' all other runs are going to be a bit flat for them I think :p Perfect company and sensible somehow too :cool: (Keep dreaming of you guys though!!!)

Ginge & Gingett. Quiet couple... Hahahahahahahaha! Ginge liked to follow the car in front, even if they took a wrong turn, even followed one of the South West Group home... He knew there was something wrong when they turned into a drive way though :D:):D

Yorkieblue... 'Its not for girls... and this is my companion Matt!' Guys, I couldnt have said that to many people without wearing a neck brace for six months after. You were both top blokes! Yorkie, you win the prize for my most memorable social moments ;)

Bubblegoose & Interceptor. The kids of the run (I feel old!) Unfortunately Bubblegoose gained his driving licence by collecting tokens off Cornflake packets (+£2.99 p&p) and mis understood that where his licence states 'Please Tear Along Dotted Line' is actually meant for change of address not burn the paint off the middle of the road at Mach 3! Somehow they lived and Interceptor, after calming his nerves at each stop was the top man at keeping us uptodate on Mini2.

Special Thankyou to all who took part, the route leaders and those who turned out to support us, even if we didnt turn up!:dead:

Scooperman, Hat, Goonery, Annand; You are all top people and was a pleasure to meet you. Max, you are nothing like I expected, however, exceptionally greatful for all your support and good work. Thankyou again to Mrs Max who invited us all in for Tea and Cream Cakes... We did as well! :D

Cooperchick66 (Half runner) What can I say... She is lovely, cute, cuddly, blonde and scarey! I wont ever forget you, nor Mr 66 (Poor little Bugger!)

Thankyou to our Sponsors...

dunedinmini.co.uk who donated £300 to charity and £100 towards our accommodation

ermoffat.co.uk who donated £100 to charity and £50 towards our accommodation

esso.co.uk who supported us with £250 towards fuel costs (To Be Paid)

Squeeky Clean (Edinburgh) who donated £200 towards charity (TBP)

Copycom who donated £200 towards charity (TBP)

Apex signs for supplying all the advertising decals displayed

Easywash who donated a Valet service on 'Emma' prior to the run

Catz-eye.com who paid for food, drink and accommodation

newminiscotland.co.uk...
As you are aware everyone from South of the Border praised the turnout and route for the 'Scottish Job' and that this had been the best part. It was the best part for several reasons, however, the main being the support that I had from everyone at newminiscotland. Without you guys the event would not have been the same, or even gone ahead for that matter. All through this thread are messages of support that spurred me on to complete the task. It is the 'ONLY' reason I stuck with it at one point and my Maximum Thanks goes out to you all. You have done NMS, Scotland and myself proud. Thankyou! Special Thanks to Willie M, Wull & Weefossy for your help and persistence. Low n Loud for route planning and arranging the Gra

Willie M
6th May 2004, 03:41 PM
Welcome home D2 (+ Flick) and WELL DONE. Mission accomplished (in style) :cool:

As you are aware everyone from South of the Border praised the turnout and route for the 'Scottish Job' and that this had been the best part. It was the best part for several reasons, however, the main being the support that I had from everyone at newminiscotland. Without you guys the event would not have been the same, or even gone ahead for that matter. All through this thread are messages of support that spurred me on to complete the task. It is the 'ONLY' reason I stuck with it at one point and my Maximum Thanks goes out to you all. You have done NMS, Scotland and myself proud. Thankyou! Special Thanks to Willie M, Wull & Weefossy for your help and persistence. Low n Loud for route planning and arranging the Grassick's invassion ;)Kirsty who listened to my moans and encouraged me and for route planning and building support and doing all the wee jobs everyone hates and consolling me on Monday morning when all went a bit pear shaped! Julz for taking the time out to show us her B.B. Everyone who turned up or wanted to be there but couldnt.

Sheeesh! <sniffle... sob> I'm welling up here guys 8)

Finally. I cant forget my Cousin Flick <snip>.. Who made my adventure complete (minus the shaggin obviously)
ROFLMAO :D:D I see you ain't lost yer sense of humour D2 :D

ny152
6th May 2004, 04:31 PM

Finally. I cant forget my Cousin Flick, who made me go fast, who scared the sh1t out of me and laughed at my jokes. Who was a desent navigator and made my adventure complete (minus the shaggin obviously)

Davidson, I thought you were more interested in some of the guys on the last day :I
If you want I can organise a run round Glasgow Green late one night "sorry officer, we always drive this slow" :clown:

3GGG
6th May 2004, 09:36 PM

Stats...
2,408 miles in 4 days.
48.2 mpg
42.1 ave speed
38hours driving
82 Mini's involved

Well I'm impressed 48.2MPG ! Was it a diesel? ;):clown:

ELFMAN
6th May 2004, 10:33 PM
Oh no, I feel a “Friends” style “Group Hug” in the offing..... Remember we're Scottish and can't handle openly emotional situations!

I'm still jealous of Flick's multicoloured hair,though technically my slapheadedness means my car would have an aerodynamic advantage in a “Roon' Britain wi yer heid oot the windae” Run.

Glad to hear it was worth all the hassle D2 -
YOU 'D' MAAAAN!!!!!!!

Burple
6th May 2004, 11:20 PM
The only other thing to say after this is that I think WE should be the ones thanking YOU Mr D!!
Not just for having the determination to stick with it,
- but for listening to all the banter and advice on here,
- and for (ourselves anyway) another all time great NMS run into the wilderness,
- even for bringing up them thar foreigners ;)(and giving them the bug to come back)
- For the hugely impressive sum raised for 'charridee'
- For Flick for the screaming moment on the video going down the drop!;):D (snigger)
And Finally for everyone North and South of the Border - take a bow..
a huge pat on the back and an immense Golf Clap for you all!!

All our efforts are mere nothings to what you acomplished over the weekend, and for next year (I really hope there WILL be a next year) - you can put me down for the whole thing right now!!

Your commitment has been outstanding for this event, and I hope you feel the accomplishment was worth it. I think I can speak for everyone on here by saying that we do!!!
To you, I personally award you.. (drum roll)...

Monstrous Merits for Mini Mayhem!

You might even get to join the gang and get your TLE badge for this!!
(but sshhh... don't tell anyone - it's a secret!:D:cool:)

Davidson2
7th May 2004, 12:24 AM
Wow! Still in awe at all these comments. Feel like royalty. Only went out for a wee drive...

Pls txt TLE details :o)

Burple
7th May 2004, 01:11 AM

Wow! Still in awe at all these comments. Feel like royalty. Only went out for a wee drive...

heh... :D:D:cool:

quote:
Pls txt TLE details :o)

hmm.... I dunnooo...
maybe you better see Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1733) first...
Then Here (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1759)... :D:cool: Sssshhhhhh! ;)

ny152
7th May 2004, 02:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Stats...
2,408 miles in 4 days.
48.2 mpg
42.1 ave speed
38hours driving
82 Mini's involved

Well I'm impressed 48.2MPG ! Was it a diesel? ;):clown:

Nope, I was in the diesel and got 55.4mpg :p
Dont know how Davidson managed to get that with Flick driving some of the time though :eek:

weefossy
7th May 2004, 03:08 AM
What can I say. Awesome. Total respect from all the weefossies + boyfriend Frankie. Sorry Whackies, that I couldn't stop at Elland Road. Finally got to Alton Towers at 1.30am. Neil's mate picked him up, so he didn't get home till 2.00am. Was up at 7.00am on Tues, to get ready for seminars and that's me just walked in the door. Marsha has clocked up 1200+ miles on the adventure. Sioban and I really enjoyed your company and our only regret is that we didn't "go all the way". There's always next year Taz / D2 !! or is it Yorkie's turn to organise.

taz2822
7th May 2004, 07:19 AM
2005 ROUND GREAT BRITAIN RUN

As special Wacky friends, just thought I should keep certain individuals informed. And you hear it first here. As interest is high there WILL be a next year event.- but a Wackie limit of 20 full runners. I will be posting this 'notice of intent' on Mini2 now. We hope to spend more time in Scotland and less in Leicester. All the original Wacky Racers have agreed to sign up again and we would welcome our fellow brothers. Check the thread on Mini2.

Davidson2
7th May 2004, 08:17 AM
Sorry Goldmini... was meant to read 42.8mpg not 48.2mpg. Was asleep when I wrote it... still am I tink...

ny152
7th May 2004, 03:22 PM

Sorry Goldmini... was meant to read 42.8mpg not 48.2mpg. Was asleep when I wrote it... still am I tink...

Thats still a pretty good figure.
Not surprised you are still tired after that weekend :sleepy:

Are you going to make it to the West Coast Run? Would be good to see you there so we can all shake your... hand :clown:

hyperflick
9th May 2004, 05:51 AM
well guys what can i say! you have all got me hooked so much on minis that on our return from leeds, although D2 and i were completley knackered i went for a test drive in a cooper s and can quite proudly say i have now ordered one and will get it in october. Yippee i can soon come on the runs in my own mini and drive the way i like to drive,not under constant supervision and comments such as "the pedal in the middle is called the brake! Please feel free to use once or twice!!:disapprove: love to my cousy, don't know how his hair hasn't changed from black to grey....so i'm a tomboy what can i say:D Had a completely fantastic time and all the guys that done the whole run where the bestest group of peeps i have met. we all shared the same sense of humour [thank god, mostly for D's sake i hasten to add] and felt like one big family.

Big thanks to Euan for letting me drive his baby from Callander to Stirling, that was lots of fun!!
Malcolm and Sioban who met us in Penrith and greeted us with a hug and a well needed coffee, and all the rest of the scottish guys who made our run the most enjoyable. see ya soon flick x

Julz
9th May 2004, 06:23 AM
Ooooooooo, hyper blue, yummy:p:p