PDA

View Full Version : T in the Park(2) - Green Day cash in :-(

Wul
11th July 2005, 07:10 AM
Boo to Green Day - they stopped the BBC from showing them headlining the main stage tonight because they are releasing a DVD.

Kinda not really what festivals are all about in my opinion.

:dead::(

Oh and what about Ian Brown throwing (another) tantrum cos his sound was all messed up - tipped his speakers over!!:I:clown:

I Want A Works
11th July 2005, 07:42 AM
Missed most of the BBC2 coverage, but work up just in time to hear travis "why does it always rain on me"
:cool:
That song is class when it is sung by crowds at festivals

Big Col
11th July 2005, 03:57 PM
I agree with you 100% Wul I thought that was P!SH!

Monsta Mo Mini
11th July 2005, 05:04 PM
Shocking behaviour from Green Day Inc. i don't think they'd told the BBC until the last minute either! As for Ian Brown....I find it hilarious that a guy who's incapable of singing a note in tune has the audacity to complain about the sound which I thought was brilliant compared to Live8. Once a twat, always a twat!

Burple
11th July 2005, 05:44 PM
Heh Heh heh...

Ah well.. At least someof us managed to hear a bit of them live without being there... eh Julz? :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Class!

How's the Feetses and sunburn? :cool::cool::D:D

Julz
12th July 2005, 04:04 PM
Well I saw every single minute of it, and fab it was too!!:p:D:p:D

Highlight of the weekend, The Killers!! (only cause that's the 12th time I've seen Green Day live!:D)

p.s. Ewan, feet have almost recovered and SPF20 saved the sunburn!!:p

Wul
12th July 2005, 05:02 PM
Well they suck in my opinion now - MGB's!! :(

To quote their own lyrics:

"Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information nation of hysteria.
It's going out to idiot America."

hyperflick
12th July 2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah thanks for the wee blast of T in the Park Julz..:D:D:D

Was much appreciated, altho at first I kinda thought you were a wee bit pi$hed and trying your hand at karaoke!!!!!...Tee Hee:p:p:):););)

hyperflick
13th July 2005, 12:01 AM
....Either that or you had fallen off your stool in the pub and landed against a speaker, accidently dialling my number....:p:p:p:p

You know I love ya!!!:):D;)

Julz
13th July 2005, 12:05 AM
If you ever heard my singing you would know that me and karaoke just don't go!!:dead: It probably sounded a bit garbbled due to my manic bouncing about, I was like Tigger on speed!!:p:D:D

hyperflick
13th July 2005, 12:33 AM
Good none the less, and i wasn't jelous at all that i wasn't there <cofyeahrightcof>...:dead::dead::dead:

Was a bit knackered tho as just came back up from visiting Bubblegoose and Cooperchick and a few of the North West crew in Preston (Cooperchick was having a house warming/birthday doo).... Lovely bunch of peeps them, some of which are coming up to Cullen again this year, and I quote 'one of the best runs we've ever done':D:D:D:D

Look out for Rik's car it's got an unbelievably lovely whine to it and plenty bhp!!!:D:D:D:D