PDA

View Full Version : HEAVY heavy steering

Big Col
10th July 2005, 02:52 AM
I was reversing out of a parking space this afternoon when my steering suddenly started weighing a ton. It had basically lost power steering and was really really heavy. It had also made a strange kinda griding noise immediately before this happened. I drove back into the space (After almost bursting a tendon) and jumped out to have a peer under the bonnet. After 2 minutes I realised I had no idea what I was looking for. When I jumped back in the power steering seemed to be working again but it still felt a lil funny. Does any of you more intelligent people have any ideas about what's going on?

sh@z
10th July 2005, 08:45 AM
I had this, turned out that there was a problem in the piping somewhere and the pump for the fluid for the power steering was running dry (ie grinding noise) would be ok sometimes, and others would lose all power steering then eventually konked out. Garage replaced the pump etc etc but a pain in the a**

Hope this helps Col

Craig
10th July 2005, 04:02 PM
Hi Col, defo sounds like your losing pressure with power steering fluid. could be a kink in the pipe that's intermittently stopping flow or a dodgy pump. Get it booked into Menzies for a check - you don't want the pressure to drop on a blat round the back roads:eek:

Craig

Big Col
10th July 2005, 07:59 PM
Thanks very much for that guys. Against all expectation that's what I thought it was. Considering my knowledge of motors that's a minor miracle.

Now, onto getting it fixed.

HAW! IAIN :)

Burple
10th July 2005, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Thanks very much for that guys. Against all expectation that's what I thought it was. Considering my knowledge of motors that's a minor miracle.
Now, onto getting it fixed.
HAW! IAIN :)

Haw... Big MAn..
Just noticed this..
I had that bother cming back fromLeeds Festival last year.
Get yer power steering checked out like the guys say.. Mine burst, and lost all the fluid :dead::blackeye:

That was a fun drive back from about Stirling, Eh Bri??:p:p:p:p:p

Big Gordy
11th July 2005, 01:25 AM
Pah:evil: You youngsters that cannae drive without the aid of power steering:mad: What a bunch a puffs:dead:;) :p:D:approve:

Wul
11th July 2005, 04:34 PM
Defo get it checked oot big fella - time for a shot of Iains cabrio while you're there methinks - especially in this weather!! :cool:

Crombers
11th July 2005, 08:56 PM
Jeez Col , you aint havin much luck these days with your mowta :eek:That little bugger of your sure does like to soak up the fluids

Mini Me
11th July 2005, 09:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Defo get it checked oot big fella - time for a shot of Iains cabrio while you're there methinks - especially in this weather!! :cool:

He's already sussed that one :( big puffs taking ma cabrio away(well seen it's roastin)meanwhile,minime lumped into 120d:dead::disapprove:
<wot if someone see's me>:eek::I:eek:

Big Col
12th July 2005, 03:45 PM
:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:c ool::D:cool::D

Mini Me
12th July 2005, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:c ool::D:cool::D

:disapprove::dead::disapprove::dead:
will i order you a set of JCW brakes the noo :question::evil:;)

Big Col
12th July 2005, 08:09 PM
Don't tempt me mate! They're awesome aint they???

Mini Me
12th July 2005, 09:23 PM
Em, they do stop the car RATHER quick :p