PDA

View Full Version : Classic car

euan
5th July 2005, 10:54 PM
While flicking TV channels last night, some programme on classic cars had the guy from megs on. Had a very natty Megs jumper on (one for you to get Wul:)). He was basically saying everything that we know all know by heart!

Was interesting though. He did come out with one of the electric polishers though, which I'm just not convinced by yet. Part of the feeling is that you put the effort into getting the thing sparkly!

Wul
6th July 2005, 12:54 AM
Euan - the porter cable 7424 random orbital polisher is a wee gem of a machine for applying paint cleaners and removing swirls etc from dark paint. Not really necessary for applying liquid waxes though. <goes off to look for sweatshirt>

:p

euan
6th July 2005, 01:39 AM
That was the thing, he was applying Gold Class liquid wax onto the polisher. It goes on a treat anyway, so I didn't get why you'd do that. Although he was saying that everyone is now moving to liquid wax, which is true enough!

minidave
22nd July 2005, 10:36 PM
autoglym is better than megs for older paintwork, plus its British not american so you can support UK industry too

Big Col
22nd July 2005, 10:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Euan - the porter cable 7424 random orbital polisher is a wee gem of a machine

Didn't you just sell one of them Wul? ;):clown::D

Wul
23rd July 2005, 12:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by minidave

autoglym is better than megs for older paintwork, plus its British not american so you can support UK industry too

Hi Dave - i'm interested in your comment re the old paintwork - can you expand as to why? not being a smart@rse i'm genuilnely interested.

As for supporting UK industry - perhaps a little competion will help keep their products competitively priced.

Wul
23rd July 2005, 12:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Didn't you just sell one of them Wul? ;):clown::D

Yup - next question! :p:D:clown:

minidave
23rd July 2005, 09:20 PM
From years of experiance mate! and personal preference, the meguires does'nt give me the same finish on my bug. Plus I like to support UK businesses even if it means paying a bit more! not all scots are tight arsed!

And if its good enough for the queen then its good enough for my motors! They use it at Haynes! for their collection.