Scottie
4th July 2005, 06:01 AM
Down to 30mph:eek: then 50mph:eek:

What's that all about.

Would have thought the faster the cars pass Auchterarder the better:D

Also the road is poaching with police.

Craig
4th July 2005, 03:53 PM
aye, and that's just what the police are doing....;)

my mate is going up to blair atholl on wed with his caravan and I've told him to take the long way round (not very easy to do a 3 point turn with a caravan..:eek:

Gismo
4th July 2005, 11:15 PM
What a fiasco, drove past Gleneagles today on my to mikeythemini, loads and loads of cones, 50 mph and 30 mph, a disgrace, only the police in their hundreds of white vans can go faster :evil: they even had the cheek to put up road works signs even though no roadworks as such
Hope i get home alright tomorrow :(

Scottie
4th July 2005, 11:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

What a fiasco, drove past Gleneagles today on my to mikeythemini, loads and loads of cones, 50 mph and 30 mph, a disgrace, only the police in their hundreds of white vans can go faster :evil: they even had the cheek to put up road works signs even though no roadworks as such
Hope i get home alright tomorrow :(

well if you have that micropilot fitted with the gizmo's front and rear just blast the police on the way home good way to test to see if the micropilot and stuff works:p;):cool:

duncan
5th July 2005, 03:17 AM
Cones? Is that just not giving the would be anarchists even more ammunition?

Jeff
5th July 2005, 05:20 AM
I thought my commute between Dundee and Stirling would be worse today but was alright even saw the SAS lads at the Dunblane roundabout oh and wtf*ck is the goodyear blimp doing over Gleaneagles???

Craig
5th July 2005, 05:24 AM
I was down to strathven and back today and saw about 20 police motorcycles doing dry runs for bring all the dignitaries up to gleneagles. Very intimidating having all of them in your rear view mirror...

Also saw 2 Armed Response Vehicles coming onto the M74 heading north with all lights blazing......a busy time for the boys in blue - working for their money for a change.;)

Scottie
5th July 2005, 05:28 AM
well I saw what I think was most of the Stirling police at the Keir roundabout today they were all stopped on the hill of rue road exit they were stopping all the vans and checking them.

duncan
5th July 2005, 05:34 AM
Plenty of Police in the station in Dundee today.

I can't wait till this is over, i'm getting right sick of it.

Willie M
5th July 2005, 03:36 PM
I was down in Darlington yesterday. On the way back North I stopped in at the services at Scotch Corner to fill up my tank. Had to sit for 20 minutes whilst 28 (yes I counted them) Police riot vans from Kent Constabulary filled up. Coupled with that there were about a dozen Police motorbikes and assorted other vehicles.

On the drive back up the M74 I saw countless police and army vehicles :eek:

The roads round about home (Crieff) are getting very interesting indeed just now. I've never seen such a Police presence in my life.

Also noted the Goodyear blimp floating above Auchterarder yesterday evening, and this morning.

It's going to be an interesting few days me thinks :eek::disapprove:

Burple
5th July 2005, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M
...Police riot vans from Kent Constabulary...

Gotta watch how you say that!!

;);););):p:p:p:D:D:D

GAJ
5th July 2005, 07:17 PM
Edinburgh is pretty mental just now. We had a 'lock down' in my office yesterday afternoon. All doors and windows were locked and nobody was allowed to enter or leave from 2.30 pm until 4.50 pm. (Apart from me, I sneaked out at 3.30 to take my chances in the maelstrom!)

There are 10,000 police on the streets at the moment which is just unbelievable, it seems every second vehicle is police at the moment. There are over 150 officers guarding the fence around the Parliament and Holyrood Palace, 24/7. Tomorrow's going to be fun I think!:p

euan
5th July 2005, 07:23 PM
They shut our offices for the week in Edinburgh - everybody was asked what they needed to work from home so most people ended up with broadband.

Julz
5th July 2005, 07:48 PM
I saw about 20 motorcycles and who knows how many armoured vehicles travelling up the A90 last night and then again this morning! Very colourful!!:clown:

Crombers
5th July 2005, 08:55 PM
Went for a wee spin yesterday up Loch Lomond across to Callander & Stirling. Must have passed about 30+ riot vans en route & a lotta army presence.

broken_brian
6th July 2005, 06:48 AM
Stirling is a nightmare at the moment they were doing random stop and searches to cars going in and out of stirling and of course i had to be one of them that got stopped.:mad:

just to make things worse it was an englishman who stopped me...:evil:

:clown:

Craig
6th July 2005, 06:55 AM
aye, we went out to Bridge of Allan for an ice-cream, came back via the bypass road that goes past Morrisons and B & Q and there were about 6 Police Vans doing stop checks. they were from the west midlands and the met...:eek:

get's a bit scary, but let's keep our fingers crossed things don't go too pear shaped tommorrow....:disapprove: want to make sure I can use the A9 in a few weeks to get to Arbroath;)

you must have looked like a dodgy character Brian.... if you still have long hair, that's probably why they stopped you ;);):eek::eek::blackeye:

Scottie
6th July 2005, 07:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

aye, we went out to Bridge of Allan for an ice-cream, came back via the bypass road that goes past Morrisons and B & Q and there were about 6 Police Vans doing stop checks. they were from the west midlands and the met...:eek:

get's a bit scary, but let's keep our fingers crossed things don't go too pear shaped tommorrow....:disapprove: want to make sure I can use the A9 in a few weeks to get to Arbroath;)

you must have looked like a dodgy character Brian.... if you still have long hair, that's probably why they stopped you ;);):eek::eek::blackeye:

Craig it's all worth it though for a cone from Bridge of Allan just got to be the best ice cream ever.:D:D

broken_brian
6th July 2005, 07:53 PM
well it has started in stirling lots of trouble 2 police in hospital rioitng at the train station at 4am i think i will stay in today.

euan
6th July 2005, 09:19 PM
I laughed when they showed the usual police numbers in Auchterarder - 2 bobbies!

Gismo
6th July 2005, 09:29 PM
I passed by Gleneagles yesterday around 6pm and apart from the cones everywhere and masses of police i only saw 3 vehicles stopped for checks, all traffic was moving, albeit at 50 and 30 mph :evil:

Scottie
6th July 2005, 09:37 PM
what about Burger King @ the retail park:eek::(

at least Menzies have put all their cars safe:D

euan
6th July 2005, 09:44 PM
Having seen some of the news stories today, it all looks pretty scary. The protesters have started just breaking car windows and causing as much trouble as possible.

I'm trying to see what they think they can achieve by the voilence - can anyone help me out?

Peaceful protests, OK, no problem - they are usually colourful and happy (depending what the protest is for) but i just don't get what they think they can achieve by violence.

Duncan Stewart
6th July 2005, 09:44 PM
I hear some cars were smashed up in Stirling this morning :(
I hope everyones Minis are OK.

Scottie
6th July 2005, 10:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Having seen some of the news stories today, it all looks pretty scary. The protesters have started just breaking car windows and causing as much trouble as possible.

I'm trying to see what they think they can achieve by the voilence - can anyone help me out?

Peaceful protests, OK, no problem - they are usually colourful and happy (depending what the protest is for) but i just don't get what they think they can achieve by violence.

don't get me started. While I understand the need to bring the plight of Africa etc to the worlds attention.

I can not make any allowance for these protestors that cause havoc these guys are hooligans and it is shameful the way they are carrying on

On MFR Radio today the G8 Alternatives who by the way are the "decent" protestors are blaming the police saying they are being to heavy handed and using the wrong approach,:eek: Well I disagree with that and think the police are right to cancel the march today @ Gleneagles.

euan
6th July 2005, 10:06 PM
The police have "uncancelled" that march...

Clare1
6th July 2005, 10:45 PM
Our cars are locked up out the way, it looks like theres gony be even more havoc caused in Stirling tonight.
Its unbelieveable, the amount of damage that has been caused over the past 24hours.
Springkerse Retail park has been wrecked! BAMS!

Jeff
6th July 2005, 11:03 PM
Glorified terrorists the lot of them we had to stop at the Perth services this morning cause we couldn't get down the A9, all the swampies were standing eyeing us up because we were in suit and tie so we nipped into McDonalds for a coffee to wind them up!!!. The graffiti and smashed windows in the Springkerse retail park are a disgrace.

Craig
7th July 2005, 02:03 AM
well that was an interesting day at work;) Dodged the great unwashed getting to work, not allowed to leave work, 'cos they might twat us with an iron bar or a bit of wood and had to check we were allowed to leave

I think the mindless vandalism that went on in the early hours of the morning was a disgrace. The peaceful protesters were let down by about 2-300 w***kers who don't even live in this country who just want to wreck the joint. I was so angry this morning, I'm glad I never met any of them:mad: I feel sorry for all the businesses down at springkerse (Burger King, Pizza Hut, Enterprise, Hardies) they all had damage - and why? just cause they want to run a business, shower in the morning and take a pay packet home at the end of the month so that they can feed their own family and not live off the social, like a complete loser!

I hope some of these t***ers get a right good kicking tonight and get banged up for a few weeks - it would serve them right.

Going to have a couple of beers now and a lie down. Hope Stirling is still standing in the morning....

I Want A Works
7th July 2005, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
The peaceful protesters were let down by about 2-300 w***kers who don't even live in this country who just want to wreck the joint.

What I thought was some poetic justice was that some anarchists travelling by train to protest, were stop by some anarchists that sat on the train line to stop people travelling! Mindless B*******

duncan
7th July 2005, 05:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by I Want A Works

What I thought was some poetic justice was that some anarchists travelling by train to protest, were stop by some anarchists that sat on the train line to stop people travelling! Mindless B*******

More a case of Treehuggers on the line than leaves today!
Just a shame we cant use the protesters on the line excuse every day for trains running late :p