PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Tyre Dressing

RS
1st July 2005, 12:04 AM
Decided to be a bit experimental and bought some Hot Shine Tyre Dressing.

Before giving it a go, does anybody have any opinions, stories or advice about using this stuff.

Julz
1st July 2005, 12:25 AM
Wear a rubber glove when you put it on, if it's the same goop that I use! Your wee mitts get a wee bit dirty! The stuff is fab by the way!!:D:D

Wul
1st July 2005, 04:14 PM
Hey RS - don't spray it directly on to the tyre as this is messy and the residue will flick up all over the car. Spray it on to a rag or sponge and rub into the tyre so as not to leave any residue.

But agree with julz - the stuff is very good :)

Julz
1st July 2005, 04:20 PM
Ah, so this stuff is a spray, I use the one that is a purple goop and smells of sherbet whips!!:p:D:p:D

Big Gordy
1st July 2005, 05:51 PM
:IGlad I'm not the only one who it reminds of sherbert whips8)
Does it come in a spray Wul:question: I've only seen the purple goop as Julz put it ;) Its good stuff :p Does exactly what it says on the tin :p:D:approve:

Wul
1st July 2005, 06:36 PM
http://www.meguiars-pro.be/nieuwe%20prod/hotshine_spray_banner_botto.jpg

Whereas you guys are using....

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/images/specs/G7516_ENDHGLOSSGEL.gif

:)

Gismo
1st July 2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry peeps :I Wul has his own thread for all this kind of questioning ;):p
Now he's got his own forum i'll unlock this again ;)
Go for it Wul

RS
2nd July 2005, 03:08 AM
Thanks folks.

Wul,

I saw both products on the shelf, however I picked the Hot Shine without knowing the difference between the two. Could you explain what the difference is? Is one better then the other?

Wul
4th July 2005, 03:08 AM
Hey RS - haven't used the purple goop - only the hot shine spray - think it works really well though and lasts a few weeks.

On the megs forum the general consensus was that hot shine lasted longer and stays put on the tyre more than the endurance high gloss stuff. :)

N12 JLK
9th August 2005, 04:07 AM
thats the daddy ,just bought the spray today , hopefully it will be better than wet and black and auto glyms tyre dressing