PDA

View Full Version : Oasis - Hampden Park

Willie M
30th June 2005, 03:49 PM
Well. Who was there last night then?

Absolutely brilliant IMO. Thought the band were on top form (sober too by the looks of things) and the atmosphere was tremendous. Liam is an absolutely brilliant frontman, when he get's his act together, and I thought he played it to a 'T'. None of his antics or nonsense to disrupt of interfere with the set. This is the 4th time I've seen Oasis live and it simply had to be the best.

Have to say I'm not a fan of big outdoor or stadium gigs as a rule, but this one blew me away. I'm going to see Coldplay at Bellahouston Park on Friday night too but I think last night's show will take a bit of beating.

Jeff
30th June 2005, 11:02 PM
Fantastic!!!!!! couldn't quite hear who he was giving dogs abuse to down the front! Bucket hat and the pin stripe suit jacket what a legend!. Don't look back in anger was the highlight for me almost had a grown man crying! And what about Live Forever they were in total awe of the crowd and couldn't play the intRo was about 5 mins long!!! Well chuffed and 20 quid cheaper than U2!

euan
30th June 2005, 11:36 PM
I saw Coldplay on Monday at Crystal Palace and they were just awesome. The new album sounded completely different when i listened to it the next day, it just sounded so much better.

Wish I had got tickets now for Oasis though, you guys have made me quite annoyed that I didn't.

I Want A Works
1st July 2005, 06:01 AM
The gf went to see them last Tuesday in Madison Square Gardens, NY and was rather blown away.........

.....mainly due to the fact that people in the rows behind and infromt of her were smoking some interesting substances:clown:

hogg88
1st July 2005, 08:23 AM
:D:D First time i've seen them live and could not believe how good they were. :D:D

Have to admit the crowd atmosphere was amazing :D, including the the prison break outs by the seated areas into the main arena ;)

P.S. Flick was there as well :D

Willie M
1st July 2005, 03:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jeff

Well chuffed and 20 quid cheaper than U2!
I would have been up for going to U2 myself Jeff but I did feel the ticket prices were just a wee bit cheeky :disapprove:

I was in the seated section (South Stand). We had a great laff watching this one polis man in particular taking great delight in rugby tackling, and ruffing up, several neds who tried to make the big bid for freedom onto the park. One of the tracksuited youngsters actually patted the polis man on the back and shook his hand when he was leading him out of the ground, as if to say 'aye... well done big man' :D:D

The intro for 'Live Forever' was brilliant. Liam even dropped the 'cool' persona and burst out laughing at one point :)

Oh well, Coldplay tonight and the rain's off (at the moment anyway ;))

Jeff
1st July 2005, 09:20 PM
New songs sound great as well a true return to form. We had standing tickets and got suprisingly close to the front considering we came in very late ( due to excessive alcohol intake)!!!!!

N12 JLK
3rd July 2005, 05:16 PM
How was Coldplay?They were great on Live8 yesterday.

Saw U2 a couple of weeks ago at Hampden and they were superb. But, we had pretty crap seats. Worth paying extra I think in order to atually see the stage!!;);););)

Willie M
5th July 2005, 02:56 PM
Coldplay at Bellahouston (on Friday night) were actually damned good. Got to say they surprised me. The weather, and the atmosphere was fantastic. The new stuff from 'X & Y' came across really well.

Certainly a contrast to the Oasis gig but most enjoyable all the same :cool:

euan
5th July 2005, 10:44 PM
It's stuff like this why I love Liam.

Asked if he would have played live 8 if they could (they had a gig in Manc that night), Liam replied:

I'd love to. Y'know why I'd love to do that gig?” "First of all, it's f***ing awareness and all that stuff. I just love to go on and do four f***ing songs and really f***ing rip it up. Come in and f***ing bang it with f***ing four of your classics.
”And then walk off, and f***ing flick Robbie Williams in the eye and say: ‘Follow that you dick!’"

This from the same bloke who was photographed shaking hands with a cartoon character at a film premiere. Love it!

Burple
5th July 2005, 11:21 PM
Anyone else going to see Rammstein at the SECC???

;););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::p:p:p:p :D:D:D

Jeff
6th July 2005, 05:14 AM
OASIS were left to entertain the crowd for 25 minutes after a barrier moved at the beginning of their show in MANCHESTER last night (July 2).

The band stopped playing halfway through ‘Turn Up The Sun’ and guitarist Noel Gallagher announced to the crowd at the City of Manchester Stadium: “Alright look I’ve been told the barrier at the front has broken down so if everyone can just take one or two steps back we’ll start playing again. Otherwise we can’t go on with the show. If anybody does get injured though make sure they get a ****ing t-shirt on the way out.”

Frontman Liam Gallagher, who was dressed in a red leather jacket and a white cricket hat, then joked: “I bet you don’t get this at Live 8,” before the band were left standing on stage for the next 25 minutes while organisers fixed the problem.

During that time Noel kept the audience amused by telling jokes and by urging the fans to sing: “Who the **** are Man Utd?”

Liam eventually butted in and shouted: “Let’s just get somebody in the crowd to get their tits out,” and for the next 10 minutes, constant cheers could be heard ringing around the ground as several girls beared their breasts on camera for the first time since Oasis’s ‘Standing On The Shoulder of Giants tour back in 2000.

“Can you imagine what the people outside must be thinking with all this cheering going on and no music? They must be wondering what the **** is going on,” joked Noel before he went on to say: “You wouldn’t get this at a Coldplay gig would you?”

When the band were given the all clear, they kicked off their set with ‘Turn Up The Sun for the second time and went on to play several tracks off their new album ‘Don’t Believe The Truth’ including Number One hit single ‘Lyla’, ‘The Importance Of Being Idle’ and ‘Guess God Thinks I’m Abel’.

During the 90-minute concert they performed a similar set to their previous two shows but delighted an ecstatic crowd who sang back every word to classic hit singles ‘Wonderwall’, ‘Live Forever’, ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’ and B-side ‘Acquiesce’, which got its first outing on the tour.

Earlier in the day footage of the historic Live 8 event was screened in the stadium and members of Oasis were spotted hanging around outside the executive suite behind the stage.

Support came from The Redwalls, The Bees, 22-20s and The Coral.

The setlist was:

‘****in’ In the Bushes’
‘Turn Up The Sun’
‘Lyla’
‘Bring It On Down’
'Morning Glory’
‘Cigarettes and Alcohol’
‘The Importance Of Being Idle’
‘Little By Little’
‘A Bell Will Ring’
‘Acquiesce’
‘Songbird’
‘Live Forever’
‘Mucky Fingers’
‘Wonderwall’
‘Champagne Supernova’
‘Rock ‘N’ Roll Star’
‘Guess God Thinks I’m Abel’
‘The Meaning Of Soul’
‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’
‘My Generation’

One of my friends was there and said that it was hilarious the show is to be broadcast on Channel 4 this Saturday at 11pm one not to be missed if only for a good laugh:D!!!! Ps How funny is there new video with that mad welsh guy Rhys Ifans he plays a funeral director high kicking his way through a New Orleans style funeral procession as bemused onlookers watch the procession and demonstrates an unnerving talent for dance routines.:cool: