PDA

View Full Version : 3rd new roof in 5 months, 4th in 6, now 5th in 8

hogg88
28th June 2005, 06:09 AM
Minime or anyone else had roof wear problem with blue hood :question::question:

Got car at beginning of Feb. and have probably done about 2500 miles with roof down and am now getting my third new roof (mechanism and or hood).

Each time i go back, MINI Technical tell dealer to carry out mod, who then tells MINI Technical that it's already been done :mad::mad:.

It appears they are using my car for each new mod to try and resolve problem. :disapprove::disapprove:

HELP !!! :( What should i do.

Gismo
28th June 2005, 07:08 AM
Prepare car rejection options :(

Scottie
28th June 2005, 07:26 AM
no roof wear on mine yet however know someone who has but he said it added character ain't that right minime:p saw a Z4 @ Menzies on Sat past and it had terrible roof wear.

I made sure ours folded down as per instructions on mini2 not sure if that's helped or the fact that I seldom have the roof down just in case it does wear;):D

Big Col
28th June 2005, 03:50 PM
<waits patiently for BDM to come along and cause a rumble> ;)

Seriously though hogg I'd be having a serious go at your dealer. Even if it's not their fault they should be moaning to MINI about the problem and should be offering you compensation of some sort.

hogg88
5th July 2005, 05:58 PM
:mad: Update :(

Got car back on saturday morning after 8 days:disapprove: with new hood and 3 new mini technical mods. (plus one scratch :mad:)

Went to Oban for weekend with hood up and down, and guess what the marks are back plus a few others that we not there on the last hood. :(

Anyone who says it adds character is talking Cr*p, as it is not fading it is actual wear and no matter how much hood protector you put on these points you will loose integrity of the hood on these areas. :disapprove::disapprove:

Regional manager wants to see car again on August 2nd, any suggestions as what to say / do ????:question::question::question:
As i do have a few choice suggestions :eek::eek:

Apart from the hood wear, i love my car :I especially my works suspension :D:D:D

KenL
5th July 2005, 09:08 PM
What to do?

If I were you I would reject the car and get a hard top instead.

RichardV
6th July 2005, 12:34 AM
Yeah seems a straight forward one - persevere (you obviously love the car to have put up with this!!!) and hope the next fix is the right one or look to switch to a hard top and have all your mods put onto the new car!!

I cant believe the hassle you're having, I hope you get it sorted soon!!

Good luck!

Scottie
29th July 2005, 05:12 AM
how about getting BMW to stump up for one of these roofs at least with the current colour you would not see any wear marks:question:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95603

hogg88
29th July 2005, 05:33 AM
Thanks Fiona :) I might just do that, i like the colour contrast. :)

Just noticed today that my latest roof of three weeks has actually started to fray and with rain today it is seaping water through :(:disapprove::(
This is not funny any more and i will be telling MINI Technical where to stick there updated mods tomorrow :mad::mad:

The Dogfather
29th July 2005, 06:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
<waits patiently for BDM to come along and cause a rumble> ;)

Seriously though hogg I'd be having a serious go at your dealer. Even if it's not their fault they should be moaning to MINI about the problem and should be offering you compensation of some sort.

Sorry for the delay ;)

Been out all day, sounds like a fault that should reject the car over but if you want a convertible perhaps another colour like SC suggested.

Mini Me
29th July 2005, 06:21 AM
my hood is slighty fading on the top corners,but deffo not as bad as letting in water and i can honestly say that it's not a problem i come across.If the dealer have tried all they can,then the man from MINI is the dealers only next step.
It's definately not an ideal situation, but sit tight:disapprove:(hard i know).:)And let the men in the white coats take over ;)

MartinSullivan
29th July 2005, 06:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

And let the men in the white coats take over ;)

I bet its not the first time you have heard that sentence is it Minime :question: ;)

Mini Me
29th July 2005, 06:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

bet its not the first time you have heard that sentence is it Minime :question: ;)

oi !!!:eek::blackeye:....well ,em....no :disapprove:

hogg88
29th July 2005, 11:39 PM
Cheers Bad Dog & Minime :)
Men in White cots coming to see car on tuesday !!
Just hope rain goes off soon !! :( although you can even see wear & frey marks when its raining. :(

Mini Me
30th July 2005, 12:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by hogg88

Cheers Bad Dog & Minime :)
Men in White cots coming to see car on tuesday !!
Just hope rain goes off soon !! :( although you can even see wear & frey marks when its raining. :(

If it's dry,get them to put the power washer on it ;),just where it's fading.....

hogg88
3rd August 2005, 01:46 AM
Getting my 4th New roof in 6 months within the next couple of weeks :disapprove:

Not allowed to say what they're doing differant, but regional technical manager is taking personal responsability for this new roof :)

There is a bottle of champagne for any one who guesses correctly how long this one lasts ;):clown:;)

KenL
4th August 2005, 04:15 PM
Four roofs, that is takin the p*ss.

I trust you are in for some healthy compensation for all your worry & hassle!

Wul
4th August 2005, 05:06 PM
That's a nightmare David - I rememeber those days of recurring faults with my first cooper - not fun at all!! :(

hogg88
5th August 2005, 11:04 PM
Yes, the word "Compensation" has been talked about. But we've already had a difference of opinion on that subject :mad:

Have also just noticed that since this last roof was put on, that i now have the arc scratch on my rear offside window. Which wasn't there before and they don't have a fix for yet :mad:
My list grows longer but it won't stop my enjoyment of driving with the roof down :cool::D:cool: YET !!!!!

johnny_yen
22nd August 2005, 02:24 AM
I have a red mini one with the black roof and have slight colour fade at the top corners, but doesn't sound as bad as the probs with the blue roof. used the autoglym conv' care kit and it seems to have restored some of the colour, but that was only yesterday, only time will tell. I too tho have noticed a scratch (four parrallel lines) on the nearside rear quarter. unsure how long its been there for but the car is going back into the garage on tues (for the 3rd time!) to have a rattle on the off side fixed. think its coming from the windows rather than the roof. There also seem to be other noises coming from all over, the centre console has developed a creak, and there is something seriously wrong coming from the boot area when i go over even the smallest pebble. is this normal for a convertible, and one that is only 3mths old?

Craig
22nd August 2005, 04:55 AM
Graeme - you made it here at last ;) tell yer mum that the wee boy fae IT got his wheels fixed at last!

hope you get your hood problems sorted - nip into Menzies and ask for Big Alan (he's the service manager) top bloke and I'm sure he'll help you out.

Craig:D

hogg88
29th September 2005, 03:11 PM
Yes it's true !! :(

The saga goes on and on, this time i'll be getting another new mechanism, another new hood and new extended stops.

My Mini service manager and Mini's Technical Manager have been absolutely brilliant now and know i want to get this resolvled not just for my car but all convertibles. :)

All i can do is smile :), cos i love driving my car. :D

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 04:07 PM
I read on Mini2 that someone had even developed a hole where the wear lines had been - will try and find it again

MartinSullivan
29th September 2005, 04:10 PM
Here (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97476)you go :(, doesnt look good, hope you get yours resolved before it gets as bad as this

Big Col
29th September 2005, 04:13 PM
Hogg88 sponsored by Carlsberg. If Carlsberg made patient people, they'd make the most patient people in the world!

euan
29th September 2005, 04:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hogg88 sponsored by Carlsberg. If Carlsberg made patient people, they'd make the most patient people in the world!

Totally! I'd be proper fed up by now!

Hope you get it fixed though, that's just a nightmare.

hogg88
1st October 2005, 03:44 PM
quote:I read on Mini2 that someone had even developed a hole where the wear lines had been
Cheers Martin, my last roof had started to leak at those points.

quote:Hogg88 sponsored by Carlsberg. If Carlsberg made patient people, they'd make the most patient people in the world!
Cheers Colin, it may be something to do with the amount of Carlsberg i'm having to drink. :D