PDA

View Full Version : F1 - faith semi restored

euan
27th June 2005, 06:41 PM
I went to the festival of Speed yesterday and my faith in drivers and cars is restored - those things are awesome!

Luzzi drove the red bull from the start line to the finish line on the front brakes and full throttle, burn out the whole track! Button was doing much the same. Alonso couldn't hold a burn out for more than a few seconds. We met Rene Arnoux, Luzzi, and were flattened by the hunting pack around Alonso - we were standing minding our own business and then he comes through with 50 people chasing him! Nearly got run down by a couple of Penske cars and the 2004 Mclaren F1 car as well.

Touring cars making a first appreance and Matt Neal was trying to outdo Button on the burn outs.

I think my favourite cars where the Le mans cars. The DBR9 was awesome, as were the Silk Cut Jags (which won the event) and the Rothmans Porsche. Road cars seem tame after them - the supercar run had the McMerc SLR, Carrera GT, 4 Ferraris, the new AM V8, DB9 and the Vanquish S, and they all were silent after the DBR9. It was really wierd!

Anyway, if you've never been, it's really worth it.

3GGG
27th June 2005, 08:08 PM
Sounds Great :p

Any pictures? :question:

euan
27th June 2005, 08:26 PM
I have a few pics, I'll post them later today, but mostly videos of them blasting up the hill. Filled 2 256MB cards on my camera with them, so not too many photos. The videos are a bit big to post anywhere - the best one's of button and the DBR9 are 18MB each.