PDA

View Full Version : SPRINGS Boing Boing !!!

markyc
26th June 2005, 09:37 PM
I'm thinking about lowering the Coop 20-30mm can you guys/gals help with what type of springs to buy or not to buy for that matter. I've not got sports suspension plus. Ta muchness :question::question:;):):D

minidriver#1
26th June 2005, 11:08 PM
i've always been told that buying springs on their own can increase the wear rate on your dampers and so to be technically sound you should be the whole set up if not just the dampers and springs. I dont know how much truth there is in that however... i used to have a set of cobra lowering springs which i never used because i cant lower my car by 30mm anymore.

you can get fully adjustable coilovers now from around £600 i think... so it might be worth saving up for that cos with those you wont be restricted on the hieght of your car if ever you decide you want a different suspension setting.

Hope this helps a little.

broken_brian
27th June 2005, 02:09 AM
Yup would have to agree with kj about the standard dampers because if you lower the car and keep the standard dampers you move the internals closer to the bottom of the unit causing more risk to it bottoming out and damaging it, that is why you are better going for the spring and damper kit as the dampers will a have shorter stroke thus reducing the chances of bottoming out.

markyc
27th June 2005, 06:26 AM
There would be me buying and fitting new springs and in the end without knowing it f***ing up the car and what would the Smirnoff man say if i took back a broken motor :question::dead::eek:

Thaks for your advice guys, very much appreciated. ;);):approve: