PDA

View Full Version : Wing mirror covers

graeme stockton
24th June 2005, 09:42 PM
Hey Guys I have got a set of Saltire wing mirror covers ,can I fit them myself ,if aye ,how? if no .where

Graeme:question:

The Dogfather
25th June 2005, 06:56 AM
Graeme - I think they're easy to fit, something about a clip behind the glass. I'm sure some one will be along to tell you how.

mini01
25th June 2005, 11:47 PM
Hi. Fitted chrome ones the other week. I used a long thin screw driver to prize the clips holding the cover on. The clips can be reached by moving your mirror glass till you can see the clips. There are two clips on the bottom and three along the top of the mirror. I started at the top corner nearest the car. Use the screw driver to push the cover clip down and pull the cover at the same time to release the clip. Do the same for each clip pulling the cover away from the mirror. You have to be a bit rough but take care.
Replacing is similar. I worked from the bottom first making sure the clips all lined up and with a little pressure the cover should pop on. Make sure all the clips are lined up by moving your mirror to check them.

Hope this helps, Chris.

minimadtez
12th July 2005, 01:20 AM
depends.....some require the old black part to be pulled off and cthey clip on in their place....others simply stick on over the top.

Tez