PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen to Arbroath Via Montrose Convoy!!!!

The Dogfather
22nd June 2005, 06:46 PM
Following on from Craigd's and Wul lead how about a convoy from Duthie Park down to MONTROSE to meet up with Bonnie?

Timing to be confirmed -

Duthie Park
1. BDM
2. Sheilz
3. Margaret and Darryl {same car?}
4. Bonnie Scotland (Montrose)
5. Kinghorn
6. Tam 1314
7. John
8. Nenah
9. Monki
10. Brian
11. Shaz (T8SLD or summat like that)
12. C me Swim
14. craigcooperSworks
14.1 Brian

Sheilz
22nd June 2005, 09:10 PM
Me too but will have to be dilligent in observing speed limits as I am taking a laddie from school with me. I think it would be safe enough to put Margaret and Darryl down also (They're not online).

The Dogfather
22nd June 2005, 09:37 PM
Sheilz - I'll have Jackie and the Bad Dog with me so I'll be keeping my speed down also :eek:

AerokitScot69
24th June 2005, 01:42 AM
What date is this on? is it for the Arbroath Spectac?

KINGHORN
24th June 2005, 02:26 AM
me

Tam1314
26th June 2005, 08:15 PM
We would like to join in with people leaving from Aberdeen

The Dogfather
26th June 2005, 08:27 PM
Chris, this is for the Arbroath Day, it should be a good run down.

Tam and Kinghorn now added to the list....

Nenah
27th June 2005, 03:53 PM
Count John and me in as two cars to join convoy from Duthie park please.

Cant believe a year has passed by since the last one!

:):):)

The Dogfather
27th June 2005, 03:59 PM
Good to see you're back online Nenah!

AerokitScot69
27th June 2005, 11:12 PM
Gutted canni make it as i go offshore on the 21st!! God dam work!!!! Have a good one though.

bpirie1000
27th June 2005, 11:51 PM
I'll be there.

Put Me Doon for a Blast....

Cheers..

monkimagic
28th June 2005, 03:53 AM
I,ll have some o tha, put me down

Monki

Tam1314
28th June 2005, 04:57 AM
l will need directions to Duthie Park tho please, less than a month noo

red devil
28th June 2005, 04:10 PM
Dinna be silly I ken the way to Duthie Park , or am I not getting

Nenah
29th June 2005, 08:06 AM
Ohhh!!!! Im getting very excited about Abroath/Cullen RUn alreaday as it will be exactly 1 year to the day that I went on my first Mini Adventure!

We've booked into Holiday Inn at Broxden Services for Saturday night so any of you who are coming along for Sunday run and dont fancy the long trip to and from Aberdeen for Cullen start should book too!

And if you havent already booked your room for Cullen the at Highland Highlands Hotel in the Aviemore Highland Resort for Cullen its not too late to take advantage of the preferred NMS rate if you mention "NMS" when booking:

http://www.aviemorehighlandresort.com

Dont miss out - Its gunna be super-sized this year!

:)

Tam1314
1st July 2005, 05:50 AM
l think we are gonna book into the Holiday Inn at Perth too

Tam1314
1st July 2005, 05:51 AM
Alan, do you still have the subaru

Tam1314
1st July 2005, 05:57 AM
Of course you are getting Red Devil, its your motor

Gismo
1st July 2005, 05:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tam1314
Alan, do you still have the subaru
Nope :cool: a rather nice shiny black cooper with viper stripes, much like my signature :p;):D

The Dogfather
1st July 2005, 06:18 AM
Shiny? That'll be a first for one of your motors :eek:

I take it that the novelty of getting a MINI back hasn't worn off yet?

bpirie1000
4th July 2005, 10:53 PM
mmm think we( ABERDEEN LOT) should stop past Allans and get our cars washed.....

mmm what you think allan.....

maybe not....

Tam1314
8th July 2005, 05:48 AM
Just managed to get booked in at the Travel Lodge in Perth for the Saturday night for the Cullen run on Sunday

c_me_swim
8th July 2005, 07:30 PM
Can you put my name down 2 as i have the weekend off!

Cheers, Mark

Tam1314
9th July 2005, 08:49 PM
Oh Ok Alan, Carolines son has started working in the Subaru garage in Aberdeen and he has a couple of customers looking for the same car you had

Gismo
10th July 2005, 03:58 AM
As soon as T&C pay me the 50 quid they are owe me :dead:

john
11th July 2005, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by c_me_swim

Can you put my name down 2 as i have the weekend off!

Cheers, Mark

Cullen????:D

ashley smith
11th July 2005, 08:20 PM
hey guys.
Just to let you know, I aint taking my mini (Molly) as im going with Shaz in (Daisy), just to let you know for numbers...
See you all in a few weeks. :cool:

Gismo
14th July 2005, 09:41 PM
Once numbers are known i'll advise a suitable meeting place in Montrose

Smurf
15th July 2005, 04:22 AM
I have posted details (as they stand) of the convoys to Arbroath on the Mini Clan forum, and asked for it to be put in the newsletter. I'll add names to each convoy thread if we get any takers.

So no fleeing off at 100mph into the distance if we have those nice Clan people and their classics tagging along! :D

The Dogfather
15th July 2005, 04:57 AM
Allan what time do we need to be in Montrose by?

Gismo
15th July 2005, 05:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini
Allan what time do we need to be in Montrose by?
Remind me what time we have to be in Arbroath :I

The Dogfather
15th July 2005, 07:12 AM
I thought you knew! :I:I

The Dogfather
15th July 2005, 07:17 AM
The Dundee Convoy is leaving at 10am so we should probably be leaving Montrose about 9:45, to get the best parking spaces :D

Gismo
15th July 2005, 07:54 AM
I thought you knew! :I:I
Ok, venue for Montrose will be the car park about 250 yards past the Roo's Leap car park, simply head for the golf course or the beach, you will see the car park that supports Roo's Leap and the golf course on your right, just carry on for another 250 yards and the meet place will be there on the right hand side.
We leave Arbroath to convoy to the meet at 11am, so, we need to leave Montrose at 10:15 sharp, no later :evil:

craigcooperSworks
18th July 2005, 08:11 AM
Can i be put down for this convoy as well? Looking forward to my first Mini adventure...:D

Sheilz
18th July 2005, 08:46 AM
What time is everyone meeting at Duthie Park? Are we leaving enough time for cars to be spruced up in Montrose (Shell garage has washer)? At this time of year we'll either arruve splattered with mud or dead beasties :disapprove:. Over the past few weeks Ive barely been able to make Montrose from Abz before my windscreen has c.zero visibility because of the squashed moths and things.

Gismo
18th July 2005, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz
What time is everyone meeting at Duthie Park?
Paul's organising it, but, in order for us to leave Montrose at 10:15 you'll need to leave Duthie Park at 09:10 at the very latest, that'll get you to Montrose at approx 10:05 :) assuming someone knows where the car park i've listed is ;)

Gismo
18th July 2005, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigcooperSworks
Can i be put down for this convoy as well? Looking forward to my first Mini adventure...:D
Did you put your name down on the actual meet???
No worries if you didn't, but, it'll give shoppie an idea of actual numbers for the day :)

The Dogfather
18th July 2005, 08:02 PM
I was intending to leave Duthie Park at 09:00 as I don't intend to be driving at my normal pace as the passenger will be fitted with a speed limiting device (Jackie)....

So please make sure you're there by 08:45 as we'll be leaving dead on 09:00!!!

Gismo
18th July 2005, 08:37 PM
So please make sure you're there by 08:30 as we'll be leaving dead on 08:45!!!
Even driving under the national speed limits for any of the roads you'll be using you'll be in Montrose for around 9:35, i'll see you at the meet point in Montrose at 10:00 :)

The Dogfather
18th July 2005, 09:40 PM
Subtle changes!:D

Gismo
19th July 2005, 02:13 AM
Subtle changes!:D
Still shows in my post ;):p

KINGHORN
19th July 2005, 06:17 PM
christ leaving at nine that means il need to be up about 8

The Dogfather
19th July 2005, 09:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by KINGHORN

Does that mean you'll be meeting us at Abroath then?:question::sleepy:

GAJ
19th July 2005, 11:28 PM

Didn't know he was coming! That's a bit of a coup!

The Dogfather
19th July 2005, 11:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Didn't know he was coming! That's a bit of a coup!

Suppose he could sort out cheap catering, after all Arbroath is known for it's fish.

bpirie1000
21st July 2005, 04:12 PM
Right What is teh Plans Leaving at 9 From Duthie Park??

have to ge tthe mini all cleaned up on the Friday night then.. Bummer.. there goes teh thought of getting it washed on teh morning of the Meet.. Damn it..

So How Many Folk Are meeting at teh duthie park???

C you all tehre.. Bright and Certainly not Breezey...
Oh and Remember Waterproofs...

T8SLD
21st July 2005, 09:20 PM
If i'm reading the threads correctly, we are leaving Duthie Park at 9 to head to Montrose to meet other's at 10.
Forgive me if i have picked up the times wrong :D put it down to a blond moment hee hee:D

Soooo excited about my first mini run :cool: Just hope it doesnt rain or Daisy's white alloys are going to look yuck! See you all bright and early on Sat morning.

Tam1314
22nd July 2005, 04:12 AM
Well we are intending leaving Lossie about 7.30 at the latest

MartinSullivan
22nd July 2005, 04:24 AM
See you at Duthie Park, Redpoint will be meeting us about Stonehaven in his Rally car. Anyone who has a spare front seat - Cooper_Si is coming up from down south, so if anyone can give him a front seat to Arbroath that would be great

T8SLD
22nd July 2005, 09:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

See you at Duthie Park, Redpoint will be meeting us about Stonehaven in his Rally car. Anyone who has a spare front seat - Cooper_Si is coming up from down south, so if anyone can give him a front seat to Arbroath that would be great

I have Ash Smith in the front with me but i can easily take a passenger in the back if need be. See you all tomorrow morning just before 9!

Nenah
23rd July 2005, 01:30 AM
See you all at Duthie Park at 9am!! :D

John and I are travelling in Winnie as his racing Cooper car wont be ready until Monday :(

Winnie is all cleaned and polished - thanks to Deeside Auto Valet - how's your car looking, Martin? Euan said he was visiting you today for a spit and polish too!

See you in a few hours - yeah!!:cool:

monkimagic
23rd July 2005, 08:44 AM
Oh my, this looks like a great time is gonna be had by all, except me, me and the family are off to southern spain tomorrow, so sadly, very sadly we are gonna have a raincheck. I would love to have seen the stunt bike show !!!!

Hope you all have a good day and I will see the photos when I get back,

Monki

ps I will be coming back from muchals at the back of 9am so I may see the convoy

Marc
23rd July 2005, 06:43 PM
Lots of nice looking cars today. Hope a good time was had by all.

Unfortunately I had to go to work:( but enjoyed the drive from Aberdeen to Newtonhill:cool:.

looking forward to seeing some good pics and catching up with you all at a later date.

MartinSullivan
24th July 2005, 03:36 AM
Good to see you Marc, it was me that let you into the middle of the convoy :D I was a bit worried when you shot off - I thought everyone might start following you and we would never get to Arbroath. You missed a good day - book early for next year ;)

Marc
24th July 2005, 04:05 PM
I realised it was you Martin as we had met before at Altens roundabout. You were the first wave I ever got from a mini.

I didn't know whether to stay with the group until Newtonhill or to go on my own as if I had stayed people might have wondered what was up when I started indicating at Newtonhill.