PDA

View Full Version : new mini club nights?

claire
21st June 2005, 05:57 AM
hiya folks. i would really love to know if there are any new mini clubs that get together for monthly meets. i have been along to a couple of mini club nights but wasn't made to feel very welcome (everyone there had original minis and were slagging mine off!!!!) if anyone knows of any new mini meets please get in touch. i will hopefully catch up with some of you guys at the Arbroath show - looking forward to it! THANKS:)

minidriver#1
21st June 2005, 09:28 AM
you'll be more than welcome at new mini meets, we bear no grudges :)

The Dogfather
21st June 2005, 03:45 PM
Claire, it's a sad reflection on the lack of forward thinking of some classic owners that you got some stick for owning a New MINI, but not all classic owners are the same. Quite a few of the inmates on NMS own classics and have good relations with classic mini clubs.

Best just to ignore the crusties and as KJ said you'll be more than welcome at NMS meets look forward to seeing you at Arbroath :D

bpirie1000
21st June 2005, 04:18 PM
Sorry To HEar that still after 4 years of being On the Road that some Old Fudy duddies still hold a grudge..

Never mind..

www.amoc.8k.com your more than welcome to come join Aberdeen mini Owners.. I haven't been for a while But I'll easy come give you all the support cause I am a border classic owner But teh New One Rocks .......

If they want to be pathetic let tehm ut your not the one that has your head under the bonnet every weekend....

Hee hee

Cheers Brian

Burple
21st June 2005, 06:05 PM
Dare I ask which club nights that might be? :D

Not that I want to avoid them... I think I know... and I'm just curious to see if it's the same old group of dinosaurs that haven't manage to evolve out of their caves yet! ;);):D:D:p:p:p:p:p:clown:

Don't worry tho, like Brizee says there's plenty of people out there who've managed to take the blinkers off! :D:D:D

Where abouts are you? maybe one could sart up near you! :D

Smurf
21st June 2005, 10:27 PM
I have a feeling I might know who you're talking about too!
Don't let it put you off the classic mini scene altogether, if it's who I think, they are in a minority, despite what they say.
:D

Burple
21st June 2005, 10:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I have a feeling I might know who you're talking about too!
:D

snigger... :D

Don't let 'em put you off! Not everyone's that bad... I've had classics for years before the new one! :D

Just look at things like the Thistle run to see the flipside! :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:
And there's even classics on *OUR* runs sometimes! do we go in the huff? nah... the more the merrier!
:D:D

RichardV
21st June 2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah I agree with the last post, although I was the only MINI at the campsite the night before the Thistle Run and got a bit of stick for it - Not a REAL mini and its stolen the MINI name etc etc thats the only time I have really been hassled - couldnt make sense of it, my car is awesome!:D:D:D

I dont know I think people who get so uptight about whether a MINI is a mini or not really really really need to get a grip of themselves!!

Thistle Run was great on the whole though - my highlight was the British Leyland 1275 GT with the VTEC Honda engine in it - 195 BHP!!! Crazy!

claire
22nd June 2005, 12:02 AM
awa cheers guys, feel a lot better about the whole thing now. was starting to get a wee bit p****d off! I live in the Dunfermline area, so if anyone fancies meeting up for a "mini" cruise let me know.

nightrider
27th June 2005, 11:37 PM
Id be very interested to know exactly who this was that was giving you a hard time?

I havent really noticed much of a problem. If you are in Dunfermline then it can only have been either a CMC meeting or a Mini Clan meeting, Ive never been to a CMC meeting, but have been to a couple of Mini Clan meetings and have never noticed a problem.

Which was it??

Smurf, who do you think it is, Id be interested to know as its not my experience

claire
28th June 2005, 05:10 AM
hiya guys, I really wouldn't like to say who it was, I am hoping that the guilty parties were just having an off day! I was just SO p****d off cause I just got my mini a few months ago and love it! hopefully I will meet so like minded mini owners at Arbroath and events after that! PS what does CMC stand for - haven't heard off that club?

Smurf
28th June 2005, 05:56 AM
Nightrider, there are a few people who have voiced their dislike of new Mini's on various forums.
Each to their own, they are entitled to their opinion.
However, there are FAR MORE people who are friendly and welcoming to the new Mini, and I would hate to think that Claire, as a new member had been put off.

:D group hug!!

RichardV
28th June 2005, 04:33 PM
Caledonian Mini Club??

Yeah Smurf hit the nail on the head, it is a minority so just forget them, theres too much fun to be had to worry about a minority opinion...live happily in the knowledge your car doesnt brake down every 10 minutes and can actually complete a MINI run without AA assistance :D

N12 JLK
1st July 2005, 03:03 AM
like the last reply , i owned a classic mini 12 years ago ang got rid of it as it was always off the road.Have had a One and now own a new cooper of 6 weeks old(keeps me up at night needs lots of winding) and ok the classic is cool but would never swap my new cooper for old ,well thats my opinion some will disagree. Was on the Thistle run this year and was out numbered with classics was made to feel welcome but did feel out of place.I was always on the clan mini site but now stick to this one as the banters great and you can slag off minime ,just look at that curly perm in another forum.:cool::cool::cool::cool: