PDA

View Full Version : Crashed and Burnt MINI on A9, South of Inverness !

Moonshine
21st June 2005, 04:05 AM
Saw a pure silver / black MINI (cooper i think) getting hauled onto a flatbed truck this aftenoon, about 5 miles south of inverness on the A9 - looked like a crash and engine fire :eek::eek: - bonnet was mangled and the paint was gone off the front of the car -

hope it was noo-ne here, and everyone was OK.....:blackeye::eek::question:

gerry

Mini Me
21st June 2005, 04:20 AM
you get a reg:question::question:.....someone needs a new car :p;):evil:......
hope nobody was hurt also, i might add.:I:eek:

Moonshine
21st June 2005, 06:03 AM
no.....i was kinds caught off guard TBH - i thought it had broken down and was getting recovered until i was alongside and saw the damage...

bpirie1000
21st June 2005, 04:20 PM
Not like you to be nipping on is it...

Would be such a shame if it was someone on here..

not realy something that could be fixed by t-Cut is it..

Never mind.. ANYONE HERE??

I Want A Works
22nd June 2005, 04:29 AM
I seen that MINI on the back of the transporter aswell (much to the annoyance of the gf cos I spotted it at neat a 1/2 mile away from it and she couldn't even see it!)

The front drivers wing looked panned in:(, and the rear plate was missing:(, but didn't look like it had been on fire, but I may have been mistaken

Moonshine
22nd June 2005, 06:00 AM
I was sure that the paint had been scorched off the front drivers wing - it looked like it was down to bare metal with the type of rust / burnt metal look from what i saw at the engine bay area - it had not spread much further back than the wheel arch tho from what i saw, but as i said, i kind of passed it before i managed a good look, so i maybe mistaken, but a crash, with a fire in the engine bay was my initial assessment.gerry