PDA

View Full Version : 5 Minis

Craig
20th June 2005, 02:22 AM
saw 5 minis on the recce for the Argyll Run and none of them waved or flashed their lights :eek::eek::blackeye:. We were not just snubbed by any particular model, they were all represented (one, one d, cooper and cooper s). I thought MarkyC was going to jump oot the motor at one point.:D

It was just like driving though Stirling - nobody waves there either.!;)

N12 JLK
26th June 2005, 04:25 AM
yup it seems to be the norm these days no one ever flashes or wave anymore:(:(:(sad isnt it with all those other less worthy cars out there the mini stands out a mile so there cant be any excuse for not doing so:evil: about 1 in 5 do, so cheers to those drivers ;);)how you's doin!:cool:

The Dogfather
26th June 2005, 08:07 PM
I've actually given up trying now, I got so fed up with people looking at me like I'm a nutter....... :(

broken_brian
27th June 2005, 01:48 AM
if you want people to wave buy a classic or get a motorbike:clown::cool::clown:

N12 JLK
27th June 2005, 02:52 AM
tried classics before but when left in the sun they melted over the seats ,What a mess:D

I Want A Works
27th June 2005, 04:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

if you want people to wave buy a classic or get a motorbike:clown::cool::clown:

The couple of times I've had my golf out a trip (see pic below Mk1 GTi Sopft Top) any other Mk1 that I pass waves at me, and I wave back! Us VW owners must be a bit friendlier!:cool:

Nenah
27th June 2005, 03:28 PM
Well I am pleased to report that whilst touring around the Highlands on the weekend I was flashed and waved to by almost all mini's I saw and most of them flashed or waved first!! :)

My mum who's visiting from Sydney (and owns a classic) was delighted by the friendliness of the Scottish new mini owners and she's going to start waving/flashing to mini drivers back in Sydney on return home. :cool:

Keep the faith, NMS members and keep flashing and waving - it still cheers up my day to get a returned wave or flash!!! :D

:cool:

markyc
28th June 2005, 08:06 AM
That fine sales team at Menzies Mini, Clare i mean, :eek::eek:;) have been told in no uncertain terms that when they handover a Mini the owners are 'informed' of whats expected of them when they see another Mini, if they don't they get the car taken back of them :eek::eek::D

To all those who don't GET WAVING and to all those who do keep up the good work ARE YOU LISTENING STIRLING PEOPLE!!!!!!!:D:D;)