PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Interior Mirror

AndyP & Lenore
18th June 2005, 05:10 AM
A little while ago we got a rattle in our MINI which appeared to be coming from the dash, we took it to our dealer and they fixed it or so they thought. Within a mile of dealership rattle was back, anyway, after a few trips back to dealer and getting a little impatient they finally found the fault. HURRAH!:) It was our interior mirror which they promtly replaced, fault fixed - or so we thought.

Two weeks later (last week) the rattle was back again :mad: and it is the mirror again. Took the car back to Dunedin, Selkirk who said they couldn't just order us one as they have already replaced it once. The Service Manager said he would have to speak to his regional manager who would be visiting them on Friday (today) to see what he said to do.

Anyway true to form they didn't bother to phone us tell us what was happening with our mirror and it is still rattling. AAARRRGGGHHH!:mad:

Anyone else had this problem:question:

Sorry for going on (rant over!).

mgemie
18th June 2005, 07:47 AM
my interior mirror (rear view mirror yeah??) only rattles when i've got the beats cranked up and the subs start to bounce :) - soz i'm not answering your original question....

AndyP & Lenore
18th June 2005, 07:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

my interior mirror (rear view mirror yeah??) only rattles when i've got the beats cranked up and the subs start to bounce :) - soz i'm not answering your original question....

:D When you've got the sub bouncing away, surely everything rattles.:D

Seriously, if that was what was causing the rattle we'd have no case, but the rattle is worse when we are sedately driving along at 20 to 30 mph. It's sooooo annoying!