PDA

View Full Version : ipod my first songs uploaded

Scottie
17th June 2005, 05:03 AM
well why has it taken me so long to get one of these:D:D

now cannae wait until I get it connected to my car.

Here is my list of the first songs I've downloaded.

Speed of Sound Coldplay
What You Waiting For Gwen Stefani
You're Beautifu James Blunt
Hand and Glad Stereophonics
Superman Stereophonics
Free Fallin Tom Petty (all time fav song)

stands back and waits:I

what was your list???

macblob
17th June 2005, 05:09 AM
nice one, ive got over 1500 tracks on my ipod now :D

macblob
17th June 2005, 05:09 AM
1698 to be exact, are you using itunes too ?

Scottie
17th June 2005, 05:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by macblob

1698 to be exact, are using itunes too ?

yip think gaj told me that's the best one to use:D

worked out to get 4000 tunes @ 79p = loads of money:eek:

macblob
17th June 2005, 05:13 AM
you can import cds that you own into itunes and put them on ur ipod too :D

Scottie
17th June 2005, 05:19 AM
oh no all my dogs are sitting with their paws over their ears:D:D

Allan has left room:D

I think my singing is bang on tune;):p

Scottie
17th June 2005, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

oh no all my dogs are sitting with their paws over their ears:D:D

Allan has left room:D

I think my singing is bang on tune;):p

Any spare ear defenders greatfully accepted:D:D:D Allan

Monsta Mo Mini
17th June 2005, 05:41 AM
Good choice Fee...of mp3 player! I'm no sayin nothin about the musical choices ;):D

Importing all your CDs into iTunes has to be one of the most boring tasks...EVER! Took me 3 months on and off to bring everything into mp3 format. Still 5114 tracks...and countng..if only I could get all my vinyl & cassettes converted aswell....I think I could fill 40gb!

macblob
buy urself an ipod too Alan, drown the so called singing out lol

Heather
Welcome to the world of the pod;) Ive got a piddy 4500 compared to Garys 7000 odd. The best part is putting all your old cd's on it! Enjoy:D

The Dogfather
17th June 2005, 05:49 AM
Scottie, don't buy music from itunes just drop your CDs into your laptop and import the songs. If you're connected to the internet itunes will automatically import the song titles.

GAJ
17th June 2005, 06:07 AM
Currently sitting at 7152 which is using 31 GB; only half full! I can't think of much else to add at the moment. I have to admit that I do tend to listen to the same half dozen artists most of the time. I've had the iPod on shuffle for the last couple of days though which is always good for a surprise, Psycho Candy by the Jesus & Mary Chain today featuring the immortal line 'Her poison fish; Is on yer dish'. The don't write 'em like that anymore!

minidriver#1
17th June 2005, 08:04 AM
13132 at the moment on my iRiver. mon the music kru.

Wul
17th June 2005, 03:28 PM
3817 on my Creative Zen Touch - agree with GAJ re ripping your CD collection - but do it at work - it saves time! :p

Willie M
17th June 2005, 04:37 PM
My two I-pods died (but I won't go there ;))
Currently sitting around the paltry 1200 odd mark on my Creative Zen Xtra. I tend to upload tracks to the player as I listen to CD's these days.

Duncan Stewart
17th June 2005, 05:03 PM
I bought a portable MP3 player and an MP3 stereo for the car last year. How many tracks have I converted to MP3 since then? - four!, yes 4 :I:p:clown:.
I will get round to converting some of my CDs eventually! or downloading some.
Anyone know an easy way to convert records to MP3! - no abuse please!:clown:,. I've got some rare albums & 12 inches (No smutty jokes please :evil:)

MartinSullivan
17th June 2005, 05:21 PM
Duncan, I used a product like this (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0978279039.111899638 3@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccecaddelkgmliicflgceggdhhmdgml.0&page=Product&sku=906858&category_oid=-15565&fm=undefined&sm=undefined&tm=undefined). You need to take the record player (or even a tape recorder) in as an input into your PC sound card.

Works a treat - just done a heap of my dads rare Jazz 78's for him.

euan
17th June 2005, 05:25 PM
You can do it yourself duncan - various guides on the net (http://www.br0wn.co.uk/vinyltocd.htm was the first in google and is pretty good). We used to do this on my last project which was all radio based, so we spent all day mucking, sorry, testing the digital playout stuff which meant importing vinyl and playing it as PC audio. Crossfading Queen tracks in a studio was also a highlight :) Best fun I've had at work that project. Well, that and playing Hendrix full volume in a sound proof studio ;)

I've got over 4200 tracks on my ipod now, although I've only got just over 2GB left on it! May need to cull some I don't listen to. Since I spent months putting all my CD's into itunes (and discovering stuff I'd not heard in years!) I just burn any CD's I get now into itunes, if you don't it's easy to lose another weekend adding them back in.

euan
17th June 2005, 05:30 PM
As an aside, the first album I downloaded onto my ipod was a Charlatans one, Wonderland I think. First week was a bit pathetic - you've got 20GB to play with and I had 3 albums on it :)

GAJ
17th June 2005, 05:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Anyone know an easy way to convert records to MP3! - no abuse please!:clown:,. I've got some rare albums & 12 inches (No smutty jokes please :evil:)

I was going to do the same but I don't have a decent turntable any more!:( Save yourself the hassle and search on a file sharing network using Limewire or similar, chances are that someone else will have done it for you! I did and found most of the really obscure stuff that I was looking for.

MartinSullivan
17th June 2005, 05:46 PM
I bought an excellent Garrard turntable from ebay for about 20 quid (the lid was cracked) - stripped it and cleaned it up and it works a treat :D As Gaj says though you will find a lot of what you consider "obscure" is already out there

Monsta Mo Mini
17th June 2005, 06:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

As Gaj says though you will find a lot of what you consider "obscure" is already out there

You've not seen my record collection! I've tries GAj's route...failed miserably.
Mega City Four? Crazyhead? Loads of obscure Grebo/Goth stuff from the late 80's/early 90's, lot's of 12" promos etc

MartinSullivan
17th June 2005, 06:20 PM
Lol at MMM, I didnt say it will all be out there - just you will be surprised at what is. Thats why I ended up buying the Garrard

Wul
17th June 2005, 08:55 PM
Moderator Fight - go for it guys!! :p;)