PDA

View Full Version : Local Members

yiponwah
6th August 2003, 02:21 AM
Hi to all memebers,

Just want to know find out to see how many memebers are from the edinburgh and lothian areas.

From dave.

macblob
6th August 2003, 03:27 AM
Im in the leith area , just down the rd from Calum and not far from Gaj :D

Monsta Mo Mini
6th August 2003, 03:34 AM
You've also got Wul, Mr P, Euan in the west end, Shaz in Newington, KenL and Weefossy in East Lothian.There will be an Edinburgh social meet very soon.

yiponwah
6th August 2003, 04:18 AM
Seems like there is quite a lot of ppl local which is cool. So when is the socail meeting be held.. cos im going on holiday soon... dont want to miss out from it..

KenL
6th August 2003, 05:39 AM
I'm in Musselburgh.

Where do you stay Viponwah?

and where are you Wee Fossy?

Waved to a nice Black/white Cooper in Longniddry on Saturday on my way to playing golf (badly :( ) at NorthBerwick - is that anyone on here?

Anyone out for a wee spin, I highly recommend the East Lothian coastal trail between Musselburgh and North Berwick. ;) As long as you can avoid the Sunday drivers, you could overtake them :evil: safely though :)

yiponwah
6th August 2003, 06:34 AM
Oh Im from Bathgate in west lothian but I also saty in edinburgh too.

Wul
6th August 2003, 06:27 PM
Ah Bathgate.....rave capital of Scotland! But has a great car bits shop - A1 autostores who stock the full range of meguiars polishes and coloured interiors lights too! :D

Ken - i agree re the coastal route - also like the back road from cramond to linlithgow - passes the army barracks, kirkliston, winchburgh and 3 mile town - plenty twisty bits, humps and straights - used to be great blasting down that way on me motorbike......<dreams of having a bike again....sigh> :D

Big Gordy
6th August 2003, 06:35 PM
Ahh Wul, another ex-biker like myself. My last road bike was a 1978 Laverda Jota. Scared the absolute crap outa me :I Sold it before I got married. Still have my two Scramblers from my early days and compete in the Classic Racing Club with my Triumph Metisse and Yamaha XT500. Keeps me young ;):D But I still hanker for another road rocket :p

Big Col
6th August 2003, 06:43 PM
I take it you mean it keeps you young on the inside Gordy. If you mean on the outside too and that's you looking younger than you are just how old are you 'cos you look about 60. :p ;):D

Big Col
6th August 2003, 06:48 PM
Woo HOO! My 100th post was insulting Big Gordy!! What a way to make a ton! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wul
6th August 2003, 06:50 PM
Know what you mean Big G! Occasionally get a shot of my bro's ZX9R - Now that can shift!

My last bike was a Yam RD350YPVS and a YZ250 for blatting about broxburn bing - but same as you the bikes went in favour of a flat and a wife!

:(

Big Gordy
6th August 2003, 07:07 PM
Same for me Wul :( Scrounge a shot of my mates Ducati Monster when I can and my brother has a Yamaha R6 (used to have a 748 Ducati - now that was sweet:D) but he stays in Windsor so its a long way to go for a shot ;)

Mr P
6th August 2003, 07:47 PM
Ah biker memories:evil:
Im an ex biker too ( why do i feel like im at AA meeting or something?) and still get the pangs now and then.
Sold my Triumph Speed Triple a few years back , after one too many close shaves:(
You know - that feeling you get when you've just missed smashing into a truck / bus / roundabout ...etc. I dont miss that!
I like being alive:p

So whens this meeting then:question:
Dont say the weekend of the 5th September , im away to NYC.
Missed the Jim Clark & the Cullen due to holidays - if i miss this i swear im going to fit a tow bar to the mini and tow a caravan at the next run:evil:
That i'll learn ya:dead:

Wul
6th August 2003, 07:52 PM
Now whay has noone thought of that before! :D

Linda M
6th August 2003, 10:41 PM
We sorta count for Edinburgh meets as we live just next to the M9 (very handy) we'll be your nearest NMS neighbour for Bathgate Dave :) BUT only for a short while cos we're moving to Crieff JUST so that we can commute to work on fantastic MINI roads :D:D:D Bought the house to suit the MINI's ;):clown::I

Linda M
6th August 2003, 10:54 PM
By the way you two (points to Col and Gordy) are you not thinking about coming up to the Scottish mini show this weekend to show face :question: Or is that sorta thing too 'freaky' for you :eek:

Big Gordy
6th August 2003, 11:07 PM
Too freaky :eek: You've been following our threads what do you think :p Well Colin's probably going to Inverness to see his burd and I've got a prior engagement in Edinburgh on Saturday. Something to do with the fringe I think. Might make it on Sunday. Where/what time on Sunday :question:

Big Col
6th August 2003, 11:14 PM
Thank you Big Gordy but I can speak for myself thank you so very very much indeedy!

I think I'm gonna be going up to Inverness to see the girlfriend at the weekend Linda. Besides, your motor would make buddy feel all insignifigant and puny. ;)

Big Gordy
6th August 2003, 11:41 PM
:eek:Ohhhhhhhhh is that what you meant when you said you were going out with your buddy ;) There was me thinking it was a friend/associate/pal didn't realise it was 'Col's Custard Mobile' hehehe ;););)

yiponwah
8th August 2003, 10:25 PM
YO YO linda m where u do u live then.. Yeh Bathgate got cool A1 autostores which sells good cleaning stuff... hehehe..