PDA

View Full Version : personal plates

mgemie
13th June 2005, 12:53 AM
What's the best place you've found for buying personalised number plates? Best price etc... i know you can get them direct form the dvla - is this the cheapest/best option?

Craig
13th June 2005, 01:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by mgemie

What's the best place you've found for buying personalised number plates? Best price etc... i know you can get them direct form the dvla - is this the cheapest/best option?

IMHO the DVLA is the cheapest and the most professional. The downside is the exact number plate you want, may have already been sold to a dealer and you will have to pay a higher price, but there are still plates available for £250 and that is including the transfer fee (£80) and the VAT!

Hope this helps

Craig

duncan
13th June 2005, 02:19 AM
Yep, agree with that Craig.

The main question is what number do you want. If the DVLA have it for sale, get it from them.

Julz
13th June 2005, 03:04 AM
We've found www.newreg.com to be really good!:)

Issi
24th June 2005, 06:55 AM
I got mine for my 21st cough cough nearly 6 years ago from Elite Registrations it was £250 but everytime you buy a new car you have to pay £80 to transfer it.

GAJ
24th June 2005, 05:09 PM
You won't get cheaper than from the DVLA cos ultimately that's where they all come from, any other dealer is just sticking a margin on top. A lot of the plates that dealers advertise are still with the DVLA and they simply buy them from them and pass them to you after charging you their premium.

Smurf
24th June 2005, 06:08 PM
I got mine from the DVLA - and I'd recommend you try there first.

Kosta
24th June 2005, 11:48 PM
im with everyone else... DVLA all the way, www.newreg.co.uk wanted £100 more than the dvla for mine + vat, and fee!!