PDA

View Full Version : head turning

N12 JLK
11th June 2005, 07:32 AM
is it me or do others get the same look from people when you pass them by or parked up, its "oh its a mini isnt it lovely " :cool:great isnt it , bet there's not very many cars on the road that turn so many heads and get people talking!.Any instances others have had?
ps cold plays new album is :evil:splendid:evil: on in the back ground!:approve: had to many bombay sapphire gins im afraid, not to worry.:clown:

Sheilz
12th June 2005, 10:47 PM
Once got a fist shaken at me, have had small boys whipping out their camera phones, elderly couples giving me the thumbs up etc etc. Its usually when I've got passengers in the car that its noticed cause after a while you stop noticing all but the most obvious attention. My eldest hates it and hides in the back :D:D:D:D

Neil and Lorna
13th June 2005, 05:22 AM
I was walking back to our Mini from our local shop 3 young lads where all round the car looking at it.

As I approached (with my finger on the open button on the key fob)I said "do you like that car lads".In which they replied " yeh its cool dude ".At that moment I pushed the open button and went to get in.

All 3 of them screamed "is it yours,how fast is it"

To which I replied " 0-60 in around 6 seconds."

I left them standing on the pavement with there tongues hanging out dribbling profusely.

Neil:D

euan
13th June 2005, 04:46 PM
I took my (sadly departed) S to France last year and had a hoot with it - outside of the cities nobody has really seen them! So when an EB/W with bonnet stripes bombs past them on a mountain pass (I cooked the brakes more than once) they were all loving it!

Had it parked in a town square and our hotel looked over it. I spent hours watching people stop, look at it, walk on, come back, walk on again. Brilliant!

Julz
13th June 2005, 04:51 PM
There's nothing more embarassing than wanting to get in your car but you can't cause there's a crowd of people looking at it! Grubby finger prints on the windows annoy me a bit though! Camera phones are also a common sight. The best are old folks, it's either 'I used to have one of the old ones, best car I ever had!' or 'are your tyres flat?'!:p:D

rico_walks
14th June 2005, 12:06 AM
Was just out in c me swims pepper white S. Went down union street and everybody turned their heads as we went past!!!!
p.s Any1 think i should buy it?:D

Jeff
14th June 2005, 01:16 AM
I have also experienced this pheomonen very stange!!! PS the new Oasis album is better than Coldplay's!!!!

N12 JLK
14th June 2005, 02:59 AM
mmm hate to disagree,oasis album still good though.:)

eddie 44
14th June 2005, 06:42 AM
lesley your spot on the mini is a real head turner :ppark it up next to a merc, bmw, some of those jap things ;)the mini will get
the most attention, have to smile when people stand and point or
the ones who only look when your passed them.......... we see you
in the mirror :D:cool:

duncan
14th June 2005, 06:49 AM
I was in St Andrews last Thursday, and went for an Ice Cream.

The MINI was parked 50 meters along the road from Janettas Ice Cream shop, and i was eating it outside the shop, when a few tourists stopped and posed at my MINI and had their photo's taken!

My friend that was with me was well impressed!