PDA

View Full Version : Any help with gaining extra HP??

AerokitScot69
3rd June 2005, 01:39 AM
Wondering if anyones has found any good methods of boosting Hp on a mini one?? Got the inductions kit on it but thats all, has anyone any experience with chipping or that??

Wul
3rd June 2005, 01:58 AM
I'm sure Martin Sullivan will be along shortly praising the MTH Power mod - or the AMD one-click system - both will put the ONE's bhp up to circa 130+ - only diff is the AMD one-click is 6 times the price of MTH but doesn't require a laptop and special lead like the MTH does.

minimadtez
3rd June 2005, 02:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by AerokitScot69

Wondering if anyones has found any good methods of boosting Hp on a mini one?? Got the inductions kit on it but thats all, has anyone any experience with chipping or that??

My mini one has been errmmmmm 'modified' ;)

mgemie
4th June 2005, 08:01 AM
my MINI ONE has undergone a few (ok ok i'll admit - alot!) of changes since it was born 1 year 5months and 8 days ago (sad i know that but its even sadder when i admit that both my MINI and I share our birthdays!) anyway...back to thread topic...

BHP increases for ONEs...A lot of people are undergoing the MTH ECU remap which is real value for your £pennies. Induction kits are quite common and 'can' boost BHP (depends on which you get really!) Aftermarket exhuasts are good for BHP increases as well - there are a multitude of options to be honest. Although ONEs have a rough limit to how much power the inner-workings can handle so you have to watch.

AerokitScot69
4th June 2005, 05:32 PM
Where can i see about gettin the MTH remap and how much is it? will this put alot of presssure on the engine components at high revs? i dont wanna be having to replace ppiston rings and sh*t!

MartinSullivan
5th June 2005, 02:08 AM
Read this thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2734) and email if you want any more info

mgemie
5th June 2005, 02:09 AM
M.S. is the man with all the answers when it comes to the MTH mod... god knows i've annoyed him enough with loads of niggly questions about it :D:D:blackeye:

MartinSullivan
5th June 2005, 02:50 AM
No probs Mgemie ;)

choc
5th June 2005, 02:53 AM
martin i have sent u an email cheers

MartinSullivan
5th June 2005, 03:10 AM
ok choc, got your email - i am in kuwait just now , if you want more info on mth then email me else register on the MTH site, and when i get back I will lend you the cable

Duncan Stewart
5th June 2005, 03:35 AM
I drove Helen's nephews tuned Mini One several times and it was quick :D Janspeed exhaust, K&N and ECU remap at Falkland performance centre. Rolling road printout showed it had 130bhp. We, erm, "tested" :I it against my last Cooper a few times and it was identical acceleration (more bhp but higher gearing in the One) but I could pull away a little from him in the corners due to my sports suspension (both cars on 15" alloys).
Go for it - it really transformed his Mini One and made it even more fun to drive :p:D