PDA

View Full Version : rear panel 6x9s - changing?

mgemie
1st June 2005, 09:45 PM
I'm due to replace my factory-fitted rear 6x9s in the side panels sometime at the weekend...how many plastic panels clips will i need to order to replace those i'll break when removing the interior trim?

Burple
1st June 2005, 10:05 PM
Hopefully none!!!

We (myself and Zimbo) did both of ours without managing to break any....

You know you don't need to take the whole back seat out if you're hands aren't gigantic... :D
Just remove the rubber door trim, and pull the panel back down to the floor, and about three quarters of the way back along the top of the panel. This should alow you enough room to be able to get in to take the speakers out and enough room to be able to get a reasonable sized screwdriver in for the job too.

Unless the trim clips fall out, you might get away without replacing any, although we had a few spare ones just in case...
The wiring is pretty easy to work out too from a head unit - but you might need to pull it out a bit to check the colours on the HU side to match 'em up! :D

bpirie1000
1st June 2005, 11:34 PM
Trim Clips There Made Of Better Stuff nowadays, Unless your car is an Early Y Plate..then I wouldn't bother Ordering Some.. But there usually all alright.. And Top tip There Euan... All teh Best With The Mod..

If your Doing the Ft as well You Have to Get Violent With it.. there is no Other way...
Good Luck... Use The Force.... ( Sorry Couldn't help it)