PDA

View Full Version : MINI UK Press Release: MINI gets more for 2004

Monsta Mo Mini
2nd August 2003, 08:52 PM
MINI UK Press Release: MINI gets more for 2004

MINI UK is delighted to announce a number of new changes for model year 2004. These changes will affect all cars built from Monday 1st September 2003.

Standard equipment:
All MINIs will benefit from the following improved functions:

• Follow me home lights (headlights will stay on for 40 seconds once the car has been locked in order to illuminate the path ahead)
• Additional digital speed readout in the rev counter *
• Indicators flash once when MINI is locked
• Indicators flash twice when MINI unlocked
• MINI re-locks after two minutes if unlocked doors are not physically opened during this time, providing additional car security
• Below 2mph windscreen wipers will automatically change from slow mode to interval mode.

A new hubcap design will be introduced for MINI One and MINI One D.

There is no price increase for any of these enhancements.

* Rev counter is an option for MINI One and is priced at £50.

Paintwork and Upholstery:
Pepper White will be made available as a paint option for the MINI Cooper S (previously only available on MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper). Velvet Red Metallic will be deleted as a paintwork option on all MINIs.

Cordoba Beige leather will be available for all MINIs with sports seats including MINI Cooper S. Previously Cordoba Beige was only available on standard seats and not at all on MINI Cooper S.

There have also been improvements in the levels of optional equipment offered on MINI:

MINI Cooper S perforated leather steering wheel
Previously only available on MINI Cooper S, the perforated leather steering wheel will now be included as standard on all cars specified with cloth/leather and leather upholsteries for MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper. It is also included as standard in the PEPPER pack for MINI One, MINI One D and MINI Cooper and as part of the CHILI pack for the MINI Cooper and MINI Cooper S.

Rear spoiler
Just like the MINI One, a rear spoiler will be made available for the MINI One D priced at £100.

On-board computer
From September, the on-board computer option will have the additional feature of instantaneous fuel consumption readout. The price of £100 remains the same. The on–board computer will also be included as standard within the SALT, PEPPER and CHILI Packs for all models.

Big Col
4th August 2003, 09:24 PM
Didn't they already have the follow me home lights? Mine does.

Big Gordy
4th August 2003, 09:55 PM
PEPPER pack on mini one :eek: We got our 'one' in May and there was no PEPPER pack option indicated to us only SALT :disapprove: I don't know if I have the follow me home lights as the 'wee one' has never been out at night :sleepy:

Big Col
4th August 2003, 09:59 PM
coughsadoldgitcough

KenL
5th August 2003, 06:17 AM
Don't worry about not getting the Pepper pack - it's a bit of a con really. Discussed on MINI2, it's basically SALT with 8-spoke alloys + leather steering wheel. Apparantly it's only £20 cheaper than picking these items separately. It doesn't offer real value like the SALT pack or the CHILLI pack do on the Cooper.

KenL
5th August 2003, 06:23 AM
I think Follow me home lights previously had to be enabled by dealers, they didn't come out the box with it on.

I got my dealer to do it, pretty cool and helpful if I'm trying to get the golf clubs into the garden hut after dark. You got to be pretty quick though :I

I like the sound of the biege leather sports seats. There's a black ONE I've seen at my local supermarket a coupla times. It's got the standard biege leather seats and they look excellent. They're not sickly and old man-ish like you get in a Jag ;) but pretty swish tan/black.

Burple
5th August 2003, 07:13 PM
Mine came with the folow me home lights already up and running!
Picked 'im up on the 3rd July...
I found them by accident one night just after getting the car, before reading about them!! :D
Wondered what the *£%^$ was going on with ma lights!!! :D

lightbody
6th August 2003, 09:02 PM
Velvet red for the chop eh? There's a surprise... and not being replaced by anything?

What I'd rather have, than the extra unnecessary rev-counter functions, is the blue main-beam light on there!! I can never see it way over on the speedo, and end up dazzling people at night.