PDA

View Full Version : Come On Utd

Gismo
28th May 2005, 11:00 PM
Make my entire season complete :p
Haway the terrors :cool:

ny152
29th May 2005, 02:08 AM
Going to delete this topic now Bonnie :D?

duncan
29th May 2005, 03:48 AM
:(

Bazthemod
29th May 2005, 07:21 AM
As a Dundee fan i was supporting united in the final until Off Side on friday night! :mad:

United supporters cheering at the fact Dundee were religated... as Tam said you lot missed it by a baw hair! :clown:

Anyway i dont think the arabs have reason to cheer since we have now both lost a big income off derby crowds.

Excellant result today, i hope it has brought you all back to reality! :cool:

Thats all!!!

duncan
29th May 2005, 11:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

As a Dundee fan i was supporting united in the final until Off Side on friday night! :mad:

United supporters cheering at the fact Dundee were religated... as Tam said you lot missed it by a baw hair! :clown:

Anyway i dont think the arabs have reason to cheer since we have now both lost a big income off derby crowds.

Excellant result today, i hope it has brought you all back to reality! :cool:

Thats all!!!

Enjoy your derby with Saints and Brechin :p;)

Bazthemod
29th May 2005, 06:58 PM
We wont boycot them8)

duncan
31st May 2005, 12:52 AM

We wont boycot them8)

Good to hear that, Baz, the boycott achieved nothing but stirring up animosity between the two clubs for no reason.

You'll be back up in no time if you can keep the support, and a half decent side, although they're both big Ifs.

Well, even though we got beat, it was a great day out.
A better support than Celtic, they only made a noise at the end, shame the Biased Broadcasting Corporation managed to make a meal of the coverage.

Here's to our European Adventure!

Bazthemod
31st May 2005, 02:06 AM
Hee Hee glad the boycot thing still lingers in annoyance :cool::clown:8)

duncan
31st May 2005, 02:33 AM

Hee Hee glad the boycot thing still lingers in annoyance :cool::clown:8)

Annoyance? Nah, why should it annoy me?
It just went to show how petty a section of the Dundee support could be. The ones that didnt go lost out, and United lost several thousand, though that pales into insignificance with the loss of SPL status.

I know what i'd rather have.

Heres a wee taster for you next season:p:p:p

http://www.scotbus.com/30_MAY_2002-STRATHTAY-922.jpg
Dundee's transport to the "big derby" with Saints

http://www.airchive.com/airline%20pics/LHR2004/BA%20757.jpg
Uniteds transport to the UEFA cup :p:p

Bazthemod
31st May 2005, 02:39 AM
Jeez not only an overeacting arab but a bus spotter? What else you got in your photoalbum?

duncan
31st May 2005, 02:50 AM

Jeez not only an overeacting arab but a bus spotter? What else you got in your photoalbum?

Attention shoppers, attention shoppers

For those of you in need of Sarcasm detector batteries, they're located in aisle 17

Thats Sarcasm detector batteries, Aisle 17.

Julz
31st May 2005, 03:30 AM
That bus ain't much use for Dundee seeing as the picture is taken in Blairgowrie!!;):p:D

duncan
31st May 2005, 03:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

That bus ain't much use for Dundee seeing as the picture is taken in Blairgowrie!!;):p:D

:I I just googled for "strathtay bus", and et voila!

And i know its not Dundee Airport before you point that out too!

The alcohol is slowly receding from my blood stream, thats my excuse

Bazthemod
31st May 2005, 06:30 AM
YAWN :sleepy: United who?

euan
31st May 2005, 08:25 PM
Personally, (as an Aberdeen fan) I find it pretty poor that the team that came 9th, and only just escaped relegation, can be in Europe. Time for a change I think so that it's the all down to league position.

I'd think that even if it was us in the same position. United had a good cup run but do they deserve a European place? To get whipped by some norwegian team in the qualifiers? does that do Scottish football as a whole any good? I don't think so.

Anyway, well done for getting to the final and from what I saw it didn't look too one sided. Here's hoping for a New Firm revival :)

duncan
31st May 2005, 10:34 PM
I hear what your saying Euan, but the Scottish Cup is WAY down the list of injustices for European Competitions.

The Champions League is the prime culiprit, take this years "Champions", Liverpool.

European competitions have been ruined by UEFA, and the Cup Winners Cup should still be on the go IMHO.
United would have got a place in that competition, not the UEFA Cup. A fairer outcome, considering the UEFA cup was based on league position.

Its not as if this is the first time that a lower club has qualified.
A certain team from the North East who ended up 10th (and bottom) in 1999/2000 reached the UEFA cup in similar circumstances.

Anyway, wait till the draw has been made, and then see if we play a Norweigan side in the qualifying round.;)

euan
31st May 2005, 11:45 PM
Duncan, I agree - UEFA should have sorted out the rules after Madrid didn't qualify for the Champs League but the Spanish FA sorted that one - I reckon it is down to UEFA since they make the rules for the competition.

Cup Winners Cup. A great competition sdaly missed :) While I agree that the UEFA Cup based on league and Cup Winners Cup based on Cup winners, the simple fact is that we all love European Football, but to get the game into it's current financial state, step forward UEFA and take a bow with the Champs League. Mind you, it took them a while to get a competition that really was a "proper" cup competition. Nobody would have put money on Liverpool doing what they have done, and the only way they have is by playing teams in home and away legs and not in a second round of league fixtures. It's made it much more exciting.

As I said in my post, I didn't think it was fair that any team qualify that way, Aberdeen or anyone else. I mean, we enjoyed the Euro run but it glossed over the whole fact that we were pants and shouldn't have been there.

euan
31st May 2005, 11:46 PM
As an aside, come next season it doesn't matter to me who is in Europe, I'll cheer them on just the same as I would if Aberdeen got there (well, except Rangers, I just can't do it!).