PDA

View Full Version : Boo!

mark
28th May 2005, 09:00 AM
After a long time just looking at this place I thought it's time to finally come in and say, "HI", so here I am. I'm an avid, if not aging, member of www.mini2ig.de and will be visiting Oban between 15.7 and 25.7. My li'l sis married an upright Scotsman a few centuries ago and they finally decided to move to Scotland after spending torturous years in Yeovil. To cut it all very short, I will be present at anything happening between the above mentioned dates (Within a reasonable distance) if anyone invites me.:D

How do I upload pics?

GAJ
28th May 2005, 09:36 AM
Your more than welcome to any of our events, consider this an open invitation!

This thread (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=312) explains how to post photos.

mark
28th May 2005, 10:00 AM
http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/49/291349/400_3935366530306538.jpg

Ha! It works :D (And thanx for the tip)

MartinSullivan
28th May 2005, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the site Mark, maybe see you on a run while you are over here

Willie M
28th May 2005, 07:53 PM
Welcome to NMS Mark, love the MINI. Very nice indeed :cool:

Smurf
28th May 2005, 07:56 PM
Welcome, Mark! :D
We'll keep an eye out for you on your holiday - and flash and wave madly if we see you!

sh@z
28th May 2005, 08:31 PM
welcome to nms dude :)

mark
30th May 2005, 01:12 AM
Thanx for all the nice welcomes and I'll keep an eye on events between the times of my visit. MINI feels a little embarrassed at being called "nice". It likes to think of itself as a bit of a beast as it has 230hp and has no trouble reaching 150mph on the Autobahn. Here's another pic. for the hell of it, taken two years ago, some may recognise the location. :D

http://www.arcor.de/palb/alben/49/291349/400_6666316439626237.jpg

Gismo
30th May 2005, 02:10 AM
Welcome to the site Mark, you've probably picked the biggest weekend in the NMS meets and run calendar with the Arbroath meet on the 23rd July and then the highly recommended Cullen Run on the 24th July ;):cool:
Pop along to the meets forum and check out the info for each
Not sure if you're bringing your beast :p with you, but, if you are it would be a welcome site at the Arbroath festival :cool:

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the site:p good to have you on board,do get yourself on a run in Scotland,we don't have autobahn's ,but we do have no respect for the speed limit !!!!!<kidding nice mr police man>.............
I have it on good authority from Big Col, that the new S sits at 140mph nae probs....he's an demon driver man,sprinting along in his yellow hornet..lol:p

Scottie
30th May 2005, 05:56 AM
Hello Mark and welcome to the site not sure of the location on your picture?

Mark sind sie deutch und wo whonts du im Deutchland. Bittie es-tut-mir leid aber mien deutch ist nicth so gut. am den nextenmal du comest nach Schottland ich hoffe du canst autofahren mit userer New Mini Scotland.

Hopefully I've done not to bad my spelling isn't so good in english :pso gods know how I've done in german tend to find it easier to speak german than to write in german these days.:)

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 06:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Mark sind sie deutch und wo whonts du im Deutchland. Bittie es-tut-mir leid aber mien deutch ist nicth so gut. am den nextenmal du comest nach Schottland ich hoffe du canst autofahren mit userer New Mini Scotland.

Hopefully I've done not to bad my spelling isn't so good in english :pso gods know how I've done in german tend to find it easier to speak german than to write in german these days.:)

THAT'S ABOUT ME ,I KNOW IT IS....paranoia setting in.:eek::blackeye::evil:;).....it's the sunsrtoke man, ma chrome dome's,no chrome nae mare,its bright red :(:(

Scottie
30th May 2005, 06:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

THAT'S ABOUT ME ,I KNOW IT IS....paranoia setting in.:eek::blackeye::evil:;).....it's the sunsrtoke man, ma chrome dome's,no chrome nae mare,its bright red :(:(

;);) it's defo sunstroke it's affected Allan aswell.:D

Minimee, Ich glaube diener kopff ist so rot von alle den vogel schiser:p For translation click here:question: h'mm wonder if I can get away with the word schiser:p clue you mentioned this in another post:D

Mini Me
30th May 2005, 07:14 AM
and there's me clicking like an arse ......you've lost me totally,which aint that hard:p
Spik scottish wimmin !!!!

Scottie
30th May 2005, 07:29 AM

and there's me clicking like an arse ......you've lost me totally,which aint that hard:p
Spik scottish wimmin !!!!

translation is are you sure your head is no red with bird sh*te and not the sun:D:p

sleepyrascal
30th May 2005, 10:34 AM
ehhh Mark... and the title is boo... confusing!! (c-me-swim)

Welcome to the site mark!!

Big Col
30th May 2005, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the site mate!

For the record Officer the 140mph was achieved on a private airfield! :D

Crombers
30th May 2005, 06:12 PM
Welcome sir , as mentioned you have landed the best time in the NMS calendar :approve:. Hope to see you at Arbroath.

mark
31st May 2005, 01:46 AM

Mark sind sie deutch und wo whonts du im Deutchland. Bittie es-tut-mir leid aber mien deutch ist nicth so gut. am den nextenmal du comest nach Schottland ich hoffe du canst autofahren mit userer New Mini Scotland.:)

Oh B*11*cx! Has my English gotten so bad that you can't work it out? :D That aside, your attempt is probably the best bit of Denglisch (Deutsch/English) that I've ever read. Sorry but I can't keep this in -> :D To answer your questions sensibly:
1. I'm English, born in Wiltshire, wish I'd been born in Oban.
2. I live in Bielefeld which is about 60miles east of Dortmund
3. I also hope that I can get to a meet and drive with New MINI Scotland.
4. The location in the picture is somewhere in the middle of Glen Coe. (By the Heli-pad.) :D

mark
31st May 2005, 01:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

ehhh Mark... and the title is boo... confusing!! (c-me-swim)

Welcome to the site mark!!

Confused? You will be. :D Didn't I scare you then? OK......

BOO! :D

Scottie
31st May 2005, 02:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by mark

Mark sind sie deutch und wo whonts du im Deutchland. Bittie es-tut-mir leid aber mien deutch ist nicth so gut. am den nextenmal du comest nach Schottland ich hoffe du canst autofahren mit userer New Mini Scotland.:)

Oh B*11*cx! Has my English gotten so bad that you can't work it out? :D That aside, your attempt is probably the best bit of Denglisch (Deutsch/English) that I've ever read. Sorry but I can't keep this in -> :D To answer your questions sensibly:
1. I'm English, born in Wiltshire, wish I'd been born in Oban.
2. I live in Bielefeld which is about 60miles east of Dortmund
3. I also hope that I can get to a meet and drive with New MINI Scotland.
4. The location in the picture is somewhere in the middle of Glen Coe. (By the Heli-pad.) :D

Didn't think you were German your name gave it away Mark and not Markus.:):p

Bielefeld know where that is I was not to faraway from there we were at Dulman.:D

Duncan Stewart
1st June 2005, 04:55 AM
Welcome to NMS :D

Wul
1st June 2005, 06:00 PM
Nice to have you along Mark - nice MINI too!

Sheilz
6th June 2005, 06:38 PM
is it not meant to be "scheisser"?! :p:D:D

;);) it's defo sunstroke it's affected Allan aswell.:D

Minimee, Ich glaube diener kopff ist so rot von alle den vogel schiser:p For translation click here:question: h'mm wonder if I can get away with the word schiser:p clue you mentioned this in another post:D

mark
7th June 2005, 02:21 AM
"Scheisse"

Scheisse, it looks as though I'm not gonna be on any runs as I'm not getting anywhere near Scotland this summer. My wife has just gone and booked two weeks on Kos for us as a "nice surprise". :eek: I hate the sun, I always manage to get burned and lose 10 layers of skin. :(
Oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted, perhaps I'll manage to get over at Christmas.......

N12 JLK
11th June 2005, 07:40 AM
its well skelped from the Thistle run, needs to keep the hood up!;)