PDA

View Full Version : Italian Job - Aberdeen

Tootie
1st August 2003, 10:17 PM
As promised I put pen to paper and started to write a letter to the local cinema houses in Aberdeen, I then thought it would be better to clarify whether John Clark in Aberdeen were organising anything.

I have had confirmation that John Clark, Aberdeen has plans in place :D, but they are still to be finalized. My understanding is that BMW have given the opportunity to dealerships to organise an event to coincide with the launch of the Italian Job and it is down to the individual dealer whether they want to or not.

So basically it looks like we will all just have to hold on tight until invitations are sent out. 8)

Tony and I will try and organise a mini run to coincide with the time, venue etc, possible from Kingswells Park & Ride through town i.e. down Union Street and then on to the venue.

We will keep you all advised of any developments.
:D

3GGG
1st August 2003, 11:26 PM
I am still waiting for word of similar event at Dunfermline by Morrison's. - frustrating that there is such slow progress.

Tony
1st August 2003, 11:54 PM
seems a bit of a pity that there is such slow progress. the preview is planned for the 11th septmber, which is only 5 weeks away.
how slow do you want it??!!!

anyway, not much to say about my part in the aberdeen event yet, other than im going to get the cruise organised. hopefully a meeting point to the west of aberdeen to get everyone gathered together (kingswells Park & Ride?), and then a cruise down, into town, alnog Union Street, down the 'bouley!!' and then to the cinema.

should be well good. Im hoping to get some media coverage from this as well, which cant do any of us any harm, can it? Tootie is going to speak to some local papers, and ive already spoken to one as well.

Here is hoping it is a good event, and that everyone else gets to have this event as well.

Krusty
4th August 2003, 11:40 PM
I'm sure me & Zippy will be up for this one - Kingswells P&R is cool - we live in Westhill. Might even push the boat out and take both the mini's to this one - so as I can get a chance to dive mines!!!!!!

Big Gordy
5th August 2003, 12:17 AM
Hey Krusty you got a submersible mini then seeing as you live in Aberdeen ;):D

Big Gordy
5th August 2003, 12:21 AM
Any word from Ian at Menzies Wully/Linda :question: It all seems to have gone very quite here as well :clown:

Krusty
5th August 2003, 04:09 AM
OK - so I cant spell very well! We'll still be there tho .............

Tony
5th August 2003, 06:40 PM
yeah, kingswells does sound good, dosent it?

it should be a good event, although we are having a few problems with our car at the moment which is taking the excitement out of the whole situation for me at the moment.
hopefully have some word back from BMW UK and John Clark in the next few days and maybe my motivation will be back on track again.........

Big Gordy
5th August 2003, 07:19 PM
Spoke to a workmate who's just back from the U.S of A where he has seen the film. Said it was great :D Completely different storyline but all the character have the same names as the original. He's not a mini owner but he said the minis were superb :D:D Can't wait to go and see it - come on Menzies get your finger out and give us some feedback :mad:

Linda M
5th August 2003, 11:04 PM
I'll go and annoy Ian soon, he was on holiday :)

weena
11th August 2003, 12:59 AM
heh, ive already seen it. Bought it illegally from the barras. It was actually better than I thought it was going to be, but of course not as good as the original :approve:.

Fontal
11th August 2003, 08:16 PM
Any more news on the Aberdeen meet:question: as my car is needing a service very soon so I could always link the two together:D:D
When is the release date for the film anyway:question:

Cheers Richard

Are John Clarks Aberdeen going to be doing any thing for this:question:

Tootie
11th August 2003, 10:25 PM
I was advised that the preview of the Italian Job for the mini owners is scheduled to take place on the 11th September at UGC Aberdeen, yet to be confirmed.

Tony is organising a run for that evening, hopefully ending in a section of the carpark behind UGC solely for mini drivers.

Tony and I will keep you all informed of any further information as and when we get it.

Tony
11th August 2003, 11:46 PM
yeah Richard, its JC Aberdeen that we are dealing with.

it would be nice to see you down here for that. as the news trickles in, we will keep you up to date,..but, you know guys,..it aint that far away, and nothing seems to be happenin'

eek!

Tony
12th August 2003, 05:30 PM
Ok guys,

here is the script. as it stands,...and this looks to be the 'official' line that JC Aberdeen are going to take.

Gone is the idea of inviting some of 'their best customers' (ie peeps that spend loadza money),.....

...and in is a 'first come, first invited' format instead.

80 tickets will be handed out - 1 ticket per car,...2 people per car,..i believe, but i can finally confirm that this friday when we meet the guys at JC

All we can say at the moment is, hopefully this will be a fairly neat event,..so when the tickets come through the door,....dont hang about!
if you want to come, reply pronto!!

we are also toying with the idea of trying to raise some money at the same time. JC have their own sponsered charity, but if anyone else has a real burning desire for some money to go to another local aberdeen charity, then we can discuss that with JC on friday too.

I would also like the idea of raising the awareness some more with regard this site, MINI2, etc. maybe some logos/ flyers to go in with the JC letter? - any thoughts on this good/ bad??

Any feed back now would be gratefully recieved before we head over to see them later this week.

bye for now.

niall
12th August 2003, 09:56 PM
All sounds good. I think there should be something to direct people to this website. Just a note in with the letter saying that there will be a meeting at Kingswells for a drive into town etc and details can be found @ etc. Just let me know when!!!!!

Tony
12th August 2003, 10:51 PM
it will all be done, niall.

hopefully, if all goes as we hope it will, instructions for the cruise will be included in with the tickets when they get handed out,...

or, tootie and my phone number will be included for peeps who want to take part. (maybe not everyone will want to form part of the run),