PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with the Blueflame MCS Exhuast?

mgemie
28th May 2005, 02:47 AM
Does anyone on here have this exhaust (below) on their MCS??

Exhaust (http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-shop/products/power-engineering/exhausts/cooper-s/se-twin-exit-exhaust-cooper-s-product.html)

I'm wondering how to remove the removal deadners? The exhaust came with them fitted but i was wondering how they are removed (since they are removal:clown:)?? Can anyone help?

Edit: Shortened url to a link ;)

Scottie
28th May 2005, 02:55 AM
Martin Sullivan will know he has one. I had one fitted with them removed and it was LOUD really really LOUD.

mgemie
28th May 2005, 02:57 AM
lol, LOUD with or without the deadners in?

MartinSullivan
28th May 2005, 02:59 AM
they are held in with circlips, you need some circlip pliers or something like to remove them

mgemie
28th May 2005, 03:03 AM
thanks for info M.S. - how does the exhusut perform?

mgemie
4th June 2005, 07:54 AM
Wahoo!! exhuast is on and purring away nicely!! - picked up MINI today after it went in for fitting of its -30mm Eibachs and Blueflame CS exhuast... i've left the deadners in since it sounds nice enough (or more importantly - loud enough!!) It is loud indeed yum!:p:p probably sounds too boy-racerish now but i've finally got a MINI with an arse i'm proud off!!;):approve::I

mgemie
12th June 2005, 02:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

they are held in with circlips, you need some circlip pliers or something like to remove them

i had a go at removing my deadners this afternoon - even after removing the circlips the deadners wouldn't budge, any ideas? I've had the car running for week or two with them in - could dirt have stuck them in place?? would wd40 free them up?

MartinSullivan
12th June 2005, 02:31 AM
I just took the circlips out and pulled the deadeners out with long nose pliers - but mine were never run in the exhaust, so maybe they are stuck. Did you do it when the exhaust was cold? WD40 might be worth a shot.

Will be fitting my deadeners as new manifold makes the exhaust REALLY loud :D

mgemie
12th June 2005, 02:42 AM
M.S. i just need to pull the small center barrel with the pliers dont i? (am worried about forcing anything lol)

MartinSullivan
12th June 2005, 04:51 AM
yes just the small centre piece

mgemie
13th June 2005, 09:40 PM
nope! its not gonna come off!! the deadner/baffle seems to be well and truly determined to stay put! akh well i suppose its noisey enough anyway MS...

MartinSullivan
13th June 2005, 09:58 PM
ill take a pic of the baffles out before I refit them - it might give you a better idea of how they fit