PDA

View Full Version : Go Mini

J Cee
27th May 2005, 06:08 AM
Hi Folk’s, this post has proved one thing. If you don’t go to a meeting, have an array of expensive cars sitting in your drive, know people in person then most of the people on this site won’t even comment on a post or give you any help you might need with the site.
I posted this comment to see just how much response it would get. It seems that when you take the micky out of somebody or have a bad comment to make then you do get an overwhelming response. However if it is a genuine question to ask how to post a picture on your signature or has anybody had a problem with a part they have purchased or in fact just general fun then there is a distinct lack of interest. You would think that most of the sponsors or moderators would try to help if they had a genuine interest in the site but it seems that some them only want to comment on grammar and spelling (you know who are) or have derogatory remarks on how you must be uneducated or disabled. What these people should try and understand is young and disabled people also use the internet. I would like to apologise to Scottiecoop and Kj for any distress that this post may have caused it is really nice to see that I am not the only one in this world that has a genuine passion for the Mini you both have really nice cars.
I hope that in this case people realise that all types of people young and old like to be involved in this site.

Ps, this will upset a few people on the site but please don’t show your ignorance by posting any silly remarks.

minidriver#1
27th May 2005, 07:14 AM
The only ignorance here is when people come on deliberately looking for a reaction and you got it, but just because you got it doesnt mean that people are like that in real life. There is a difference between the net and in person the ways that people hold conversation. I've fallen out with people on here but in real life i get on fine, at least i hope i do.

If you came on here looking for a flame war then you're obviously going to get one arent you, after all that was the aim of your initial post.

You dont need to apologise to me, no offence was taken and if you had read my replied you should have been able to tell that i wasnt taking it personally, believe me if i had you would have known about it.

You only have 86 posts, maybe you should contribute a little more before judging other peoples attitudes first?

People are bound to get upset, and in other cases those that wouldnt normally do infact get wound up at the best of times. There are other ways to get your point across. I moderate a site with over 5100 members and 510,000 posts so i like to think i have a good idea of the types of people that frequent sites like this... and i have to admit i do act in a way on this site that i perhaps wouldnt act like on my own site, but its a chance to get away from the norm.

Wul
27th May 2005, 07:21 AM
J-Cee - I read all your previous posts on this thread and I kinda agreed with your original comment re GoMini - I stopped buying the magazine because of the repetition of seeing the same type of modified MINI in a different colour. However i didn't read the thread till it had grown arms and legs so kept out of the flame war. As a member of this site since it's infancy and MINI2 i can definately say that the site has been quiet for the last few weeks - probably due to holidays and people being generally busy at work during the day. Yes it can be frustrating when you do not get an answer to a post or email - but this site is run by a few volunteers and funded by peoples kind donations and 3 corporate Sponsors - that's it! If you expect an instant response try MINI2 and see how many answers you'll get relating to US products not available here!(no-offence intended to our US friends). Everyone on here are a friendly bunch and it's not through being snooty, loaded, old friends etc etc - it's just because that's the way we are - I took your very first post to be a bit of fun - but unfortunately sarcasm sometimes gets mis-interpreted on forums.
I hope you stick with us - don't let a petty flame war dampen your humour - just remember to add a few more aptly placed smilies!! :D:):p

Edited for spelling and grammar!;):p

Scottie
27th May 2005, 07:44 AM
J.Cee.

no need to apologies not to me anyway.:)

sorry you feel that way about the site always found the site to be helpful and friendly.

Mini Me
27th May 2005, 07:52 AM
Wow, what have i missed.They are a very friendly bunch on here,every last one.I think if you feel someone has taken offence(which wont be the case),it may be because the remark in question was taken out of context(so i cannae spell):p
Chill,sit back and enjoy the site....search your feelings,feel the force(yes,just back fae starwars)

minidriver#1
27th May 2005, 07:52 AM
minime, shut it.

:D;)

i love you really :)

Scottie
27th May 2005, 08:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by minime

Wow, what have i missed.They are a very friendly bunch on here,every last one.I think if you feel someone has taken offence(which wont be the case),it may be because the remark in question was taken out of context(so i cannae spell):p
Chill,sit back and enjoy the site....search your feelings,feel the force(yes,just back fae starwars)

minime you missed it because you have been busy practicing getting up early and organising the kids for Sunday;):p:D

ny152
27th May 2005, 08:56 AM
Personally, I've never experienced a lack of interest when making a genuine post, yet dont go to lots of meets or know many of the members here on a personal basis.

I did see J Cee's posts on the pimpin' theme and thought they were a complete waste of time as it looked like somebody who was out to start a flame war (or troll, or whatever you want to call it).

Lastly, again in my opinion, ALL the mods have a healthy interest in the site, and try to help whenver they can, doing a great job to keep the site running.

p.s. just saw GO MINI and think Scottiecoops car is very 'pimpin' and a great example of someone who loves their car and wants to personalise it. Respect :cool:.

Big Col
27th May 2005, 04:04 PM
Sorry no one answers your posts J Cee. The problem is most kids don't want to play with the one that throws his toys out the pram or says "it's my ball and I'm not playing". They also don't like the kid that spits at people and pulls their hair just to see how they react.

I've always found people on here to be helpful and friendly. Stick with them and use the smilies when you're joking. It helps no end. :)

Willie M
27th May 2005, 04:10 PM
I'm afraid I missed this thread altogether through current pressure of work (certainly not lack of interest). Hope you stick with the site J Cee.

Burple
27th May 2005, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry if you took offence to anything posted in the thread. I have to agree with absolutely EVERYTHING that others have so far replied tho. If you're going to slag off others, you better have a thick skin and be prepared to take plenty of the same back! :D If you can't... then why start it? So some comments have really hit a nerve huh? Have you considered that's how you make someone else feel when you say something you (may) consider to be in fun? Think about it.
And as for derogatory remarks, I think you should rally have a good long search through the site, and as an example have a look at some of the abuse I've taken in the time I've been here. Quite a lot of it is very personal in nature, unprovoked, from a lot of people I've never even met. Maybe I'm lucky, I can laughed it all off as the banter most of it is intended to be (I hope!! ;);))
People have different personalities. If you stick around for a while (and I hope you do) you might be able to see some of these shining through. You can NOT judge people by a couple of comments in one thread. It takes time to get to know people, and most of us have had the patience to do so. You can't start a thread slagging off anyone out of nowhere and not expect some sort of backlash.
It also shows some respect for others around the site if you can do your best with spelling and Grammar too dontcha know... but everyone can make mistakes. ;)
I've NEVER found anyone on his site to be unhelpful in any way and like to try to help out in return if and where I can, so maybe it's the tone of your questions people don't like. that's the good thing about internet forums. If you don't like someone's percieved tone, you can choose not to reply, unlike a real life, face to face conversation..

And there's more...

quote:
some them only want to comment on grammar and spelling (you know who are) or have derogatory remarks on how you must be uneducated or disabled.

WHEN did ANYONE here ever comment on someone being disabled because of something they've posted?? That in itself is a wholly offensive and incredibly insensitive statement to make - as well as being untrue.
The spelling and grammar comments (well duh.. that's was obviously me) were meant in good humour... but hey.. maybe you took it the wrong way (see comments above). Sorry if you did. When provoked, I can react like this. You on the other hand, chuck the toys out of the pram.. Hey... that's life. Deal with it

quote:
What these people should try and understand is young and disabled people also use the internet.

Wow... really? Have you any idea of how many Differently Abled students we have here at Dundee Uni? Quite a few. And believe me, they get EVERY BIT the same care and attention (most of the time a lot more in fact) as anyone else in terms of IT facilities. Don't try playing the moral high-ground card unless you have a valid argument rather than a sweeping statement to inflame the sensitivities of the embarrassed masses :p:p:D:D

I apologise to you if you've taken offence to any of the comments I've made - which incidentally is a courtesy that no-one has extended to me after slagging me off- maybe cos I do laugh it off, maybe because I can take it as well as dish it out, maybe because the just don't care. Does it bother me? No. At the end of the day this is a virtual environment, I can switch off my computer and get on with my real life.

My only piece of advice? Stop being so bloody self righteous and indignant, calm down, chill out, and enjoy the site as it is meant to be... banter and all. Stick around and get to know us. You never know.. .you might really like some of us!:D

There...

GAJ
27th May 2005, 07:26 PM
Now you'll understand my earlier deja vu comment! I really can't be bothered going over all this again. Others have explained where the problems you perceive lie. Deal with it. Remember, other websites are available!:evil:

Big Gordy
27th May 2005, 07:46 PM
quote:which incidentally is a courtesy that no-one has extended to me after slagging me off
HEY SHORT@RSE:evil: can't remember when but I've bound to slagged you off at some point so sorry :disapprove::I;)8) :p:D:approve:

Wul
27th May 2005, 07:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Surely it must be time for the thread where someone says how good Big Brother is, and I slag them off for being retarded incompetents, and it starts all over again...?

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4779

Go for your life chrome dome!! :p:evil:;)

Burple
27th May 2005, 08:00 PM
Wow...
I really *AM* gonna get my money's worth from the therapy after all...

:p:p:p:D:D:D:D;););):D:D

Burple
27th May 2005, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

quote:which incidentally is a courtesy that no-one has extended to me after slagging me off
HEY SHORT@RSE:evil: can't remember when but I've bound to slagged you off at some point so sorry :disapprove::I;)8) :p:D:approve:

Heh heh.. Hey.. life's too short (somewhat like myself ;):cool::D:p) to worry..

Knock yerself out tubby! ;););):p:p:p:p:D:D

Big Col
27th May 2005, 08:10 PM
I only slag you off because you're so cyoooote when you're angry lil fella! :D

Scottie
27th May 2005, 08:38 PM
we need a wee bear hug.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/holzach_100x100_13.jpg

Julz
27th May 2005, 09:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
I only slag you off because you're so cyoooote when you're angry lil fella! :D

You've also got to do the granny thing of pinching his ickle cheek (facial one of course) and giving it a wee joogle!!:p:D:evil:

Mini Me
27th May 2005, 09:44 PM
I like it when we all play together nicely:p.......big burd and ancle muncher at again,all is well in NMS land once again :p

Big Col
27th May 2005, 09:52 PM
Awwww Iain it's ok. You're Cyoooooooote too. <pinches Iain's FACIAL cheek and gives it a wee joogle> ;)

Burple
27th May 2005, 09:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Awwww Iain it's ok. You're Cyoooooooote too. <pinches Iain's rectal cheek and gives it a wee joogle> ;)

You're just so... dirty... for a lanky streak o' p!$h...

Right that's it Julz...
Thumb to mouth...
Other hand going for ear.....

:I:I:I:D:D

Burple
27th May 2005, 09:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

we need a wee bear hug.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/holzach_100x100_13.jpg

If it's all the same... I'll pass on the 'wee'... ;);):D:D:p:p

I've had enough cups of tea today already!

Big Gordy
27th May 2005, 10:10 PM
quote:Knock yerself out tubby!
HEY:evil: I'm not tubby:mad: I'm just built for comfort rather than speed that's all:D;)8) :p:D:approve:

Heather
27th May 2005, 11:46 PM
Well J Cee, the way I see it if you dont like the site, dont use it. Kinda like the off button on the telly, just click and go somewhere else. End of story

The Bull
28th May 2005, 08:26 AM
The way I see it, some people just like to post to get a rise out of people intentionally. For a bit of sport. Sad really. ;)

sh@z
28th May 2005, 08:41 AM
Your original post was a clear troll attempt so i dont see the need for this thread, as you posted in order to provoke a reply, you didnt get a reply (or maybe you did i didnt read end of post) and then decided to question the people on this site.

If you have been here any length of time, as everyone prior to me has said, everyone is here for a laugh and we all try to help out each other whenever we can, i doubt you can find a post where ppl are blatantly being ignored/treated badly etc, ofc there will always be arguments on forums due to the fact ppl can interpret posts as they wish, but thats 'normally' sorted before things get out of hand ;)

Anyway, id reccommend for you to chill out a bit, theres no need to be so angry at an online forum in all honesty

AeroJonny
1st June 2005, 10:29 PM
Chill the f*** out old bean. x